What's new

Anyone from PAC Los Angeles 1984-1990?

Looking for anyone who was around the PAC/Hollyood area between 1984-1991

My name is Steve... in 1985-86 i was at a private Scientology daycare on Santa Monica Blvd called "Stans"
In 1987 I was sent to the CEO and in 88 i became a Cadet and was at the ATA until 1990 just before they moved everyone out to the Ranch. A few years later i escaped...

These are some of the names i remember from back then

Travis Mcarthy
Ben Shulman
Justin and Sterling Miscavige (Yes i read Jenna's book and know theyre out)
Carly Sarcavich
Seth Price
Brad and Erica Blair
Alison Clark

Justin and Julia (twin brother and sister form the midwest US)
Therou (not sure spelling)
Daniel(Swedish kid)
A big brown kid everyone nicknamed "Wookie" his sisters name was Mika
Nathanial (was the C/0 Of the ATA in 1988)
Phillip (french Canadian who had a twin brother who i forget?)
Zeb
Robin Hilda (poor girl was bullied badly)
BJ
Stephanos
Emma

If you are any of these people...or you think you might be one of these people.. or you think you might know any of these people... id be interested to hear from you

Sincearly,

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I was in mainly ITO from 1986 to 1996, and will comment on a few of these people. I would be surprised if we ever personally met.

Travis McCarthy was in ITO in the 90s and I knew him there, of course.

Ben Shulman was, I think, the son of Greg Shulman, OSA INT staff.

"Carly Sarcavich" is (I assume) the daughter of Roy and Linda Sarkovich (I think that is the correct spelling). "Shark" (Roy) and "Sark" (Linda) have been discussed a bit on ESMB.

Seth Price I knew vaguely. Son of Bill Price, I believe.

I don't know the Blair kids by name, but they could well be the kids of Dean Blair, who posts here on ESMB under his own name.

I don't recognize any of the others, except possibly the "Wookie" kid was on the RPF's RPF with me in 1996, but I don't remember his name.

Paul

I was in mainly ITO from 1986 to 1996, and will comment on a few of these people. I would be surprised if we ever personally met.

Travis McCarthy was in ITO in the 90s and I knew him there, of course.

Ben Shulman was, I think, the son of Greg Shulman, OSA INT staff.

"Carly Sarcavich" is (I assume) the daughter of Roy and Linda Sarkovich (I think that is the correct spelling). "Shark" (Roy) and "Sark" (Linda) have been discussed a bit on ESMB.

Seth Price I knew vaguely. Son of Bill Price, I believe.

I don't know the Blair kids by name, but they could well be the kids of Dean Blair, who posts here on ESMB under his own name.

I don't recognize any of the others, except possibly the "Wookie" kid was on the RPF's RPF with me in 1996, but I don't remember his name.

Paul
Thanks, Appreciate you taking the time to write that... its been such a long time since i got out your going to have to refresh me on what ITO stands for. Was ITO an org on PAC base inside the big blue building?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks, Appreciate you taking the time to write that... its been such a long time since i got out your going to have to refresh me on what ITO stands for. Was ITO an org on PAC base inside the big blue building?

International Training Org. The name attaches to several different entities, at both Flag and in LA. In March/April 1986, a couple of months after I had arrived in LA, I joined New World Corps, based on the 3rd floor of the Main Building at PAC. On the opposite side of the hall was the International Training School, delivering OEC/FEBC to some 50 outer-org students. NWC was mainly delivering the Senior Sec Checker Course pilot, but also had a handful of students on the Key to Life pilot.

In 1989 the upper-middle management orgs (Flag Bureaux, OSA Int etc) moved into the HGB (Hollywood Guarantee Building) in Hollywood. Their Qual divisions (servicing their orgs' staffs) all got collapsed into one unit, ITO. ITO still serviced the few dozen OEC/FEBC students too. It was a tiny org, maybe a dozen staff, occupying three whole floors of the HGB. It would have been sad, echoing footsteps in empty corridors apart from the wall-to-wall carpeting. Cleaning stations at night were a joke, with maybe three huge courserooms to each staff member to dust, vacuum etc.

Then "they" upped the game, adding dozens of staff to ITO and running several "evolutions". The OEC/FEBC courserooms expanded to a couple of hundred students. There was a "Pro TRs evolution" with a couple hundred outer-org trainees for a year. And a "Key to Life Course" evolution afterwards with a couple hundred outer-org trainees too.

Busy, busy, busy!

Paul

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

They are.

Wookie, IIRC, was the son of a woman named Jan (not sure of her last name, maybe Blount). Big (white) woman; Wookie was black. Was the CO PBC at one time and I think she spent some time as the CO CEO.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Hello, Classified.

I was around Big Blue during most of that time (although wasn't around after 1988). However, I'm much older than you and didn't have kids in your daycare.

I do hope you meet up with people here you're hoping to meet. And that you're doing great these days. :)

In any event, welcome to ESMB.

TG1

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Zeb and kids
400059_2509536871964_270332473_n.jpg

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron

My name is Steve... in 1985-86 i was at a private Scientology daycare on Santa Monica Blvd called "Stans"
In 1987 I was sent to the CEO and in 88 i became a Cadet and was at the ATA until 1990 just before they moved everyone out to the Ranch. A few years later i escaped...

Travis Mcarthy
Ben Shulman
Carly Sarcavich
Seth Price
Brad and Erica Blair
Alison Clark

Daniel(Swedish kid)
Zeb
BJ
Stephanos
Emma

If you are any of these people...or you think you might be one of these people.. or you think you might know any of these people... id be interested to hear from you

Sincearly,

I knew most of those kids as I was in the PAC area from 1979 until 1991. I was a NOTS auditor and CS at AOLA. Brad and Ericka were my children.

Brad Blair never wanted to be in Scientology or the SO. He was forcefully recruited and signed the billion year contract
when he was 14 and neither I nor his mother were ever consulted. He was on the EPF for a very long time and was trying to get them to kick him out. You are supposed to only be on the EPF for something like six weeks and if you fail to finish it in that time you are required to be offloaded. Well Brad was on it for like a year and was trying to get offloaded. When the supervisor would ask him definitions he would say something completely off the wall. He tried all kinds of tricks to get them to offload him but it failed.

Brad left the SO when he turned 18 and is now happily married to a wonderful girl and lives in Alabama. He is a Christian as am I and we both accepted Christ independently of each other.

Ericka lives in California and she is still a believer of Scientology. She is married and has four beautiful children. She works at a Scientology school in Pasadena. Ericka knows all of the kids that you mentioned above and is still in communication with most of them. Brad knows them as well but is not in communication with any of them.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh by the way...welcome to ESMB Steve. I see that you are a newbie. You have come to a good place and there is a lot of information here and a lot of hilarity as well. I hope you are able to contribute some stories for us to contemplate and have some lulz.

I knew most of those kids as I was in the PAC area from 1979 until 1991. I was a NOTS auditor and CS at AOLA. Brad and Ericka were my children.

Brad Blair never wanted to be in Scientology or the SO. He was forcefully recruited and signed the billion year contract
when he was 14 and neither I nor his mother were ever consulted. He was on the EPF for a very long time and was trying to get them to kick him out. You are supposed to only be on the EPF for something like six weeks and if you fail to finish it in that time you are required to be offloaded. Well Brad was on it for like a year and was trying to get offloaded. When the supervisor would ask him definitions he would say something completely off the wall. He tried all kinds of tricks to get them to offload him but it failed.

Brad left the SO when he turned 18 and is now happily married to a wonderful girl and lives in Alabama. He is a Christian as am I and we both accepted Christ independently of each other.

Ericka lives in California and she is still a believer of Scientology. She is married and has four beautiful children. She works at a Scientology school in Pasadena. Ericka knows all of the kids that you mentioned above and is still in communication with most of them. Brad knows them as well but is not in communication with any of them.

You just made my day... im so happy to hear that you and Brad have given your hearts to God. I am also a Christian and was saved about 10 years ago. To know that at least one of the kids i remembered from back then is a Christian is wonderful news. I was actually going to start a new thread and ask if there was anyone who was an ex scientology who found Christ.

Im kind of short for time right now but i want to talk to you more about this later. This is really wonderful news though and im hoping there will be others here that have come to Christ and been set free. As you know getting out of scientology still leaves you in the world. Its like getting out of a box only to find out that you were in an even bigger one.

anyways God Bless and keep praying for the salvation of those still trapped

we'll talk

Oh by the way...welcome to ESMB Steve. I see that you are a newbie. You have come to a good place and there is a lot of information here and a lot of hilarity as well. I hope you are able to contribute some stories for us to contemplate and have some lulz.

Thanks and i do plan to stick around and join in on the fun too

yar

Hey guys,

I was there as well, always wondered what happened to a lot of my old friends...

God "wookiie" brings back memories, :) miss the guy... I'll to the list if any one knows..

Was trying to track down:

Federica (italian girl never went to the pac ranch when ata was shut down)
Crystal (she had a brother there too can't remember his name)
Joey (big guy always hung out with me and "daniel")
Daniel (i think he was american though, although i really don't remeber)

I know where some of the older guys ended up and still friends with a lot of them in case any one is looking

- yari

Polly

Patron with Honors
I was there around that time. I do not remember any of those names. But I would like to add a few names that I remember:

Mike and David O'Malley
Trish Conley
Crystal Bell
Kip family (there was a few.)
Fudge or Cleveland (all i can remember of him.)
Mina ?

Break Dancers (there was a few of those also.)
Bunch of us went out to Portland for the religious freedom crusade

Bri

I was only there for a year and a half. But I do remember several of the names on your list. :)
The people i know from your list I knew from the EPF or after i joined my org.

Thank you for the blast from the past.
:eyeroll:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was only there for a year and a half. But I do remember several of the names on your list. :)
The people i know from your list I knew from the EPF or after i joined my org.

Thank you for the blast from the past.
:eyeroll:

:welcome: Bri!!!

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious

Travis Mcarthy
Ben Shulman
Carly Sarcavich
Seth Price
Brad and Erica Blair
Alison Clark

Daniel(Swedish kid)
Zeb
BJ
Stephanos
Emma

Sincearly,

Hi Steve,

I was in the PAC/Int base area between 84-88/9 or so, had a child in the CEO in roughly 87, I was about 21 at the time, great big 6'3 Australian dude. My son, Ryan was only 2 or so when we were exiled to Dallas for refusing to have an abortion on our second circa 88/89. Your description above doesn't ring a bell, but if you remember me, you are most welcome to send me a private message.

I was in RTC until 87/88 then was busted to the eval corp exec strata after the DM takeover. Part time at int and the rest in Pac, my ex wife at the time ... Ann ... was Special Unit and then OSA, MAC unit and off and on MAC I/C for much of that time.

Good luck in your efforts to connect up with people from the past, I think it is a valuable and important thing to do!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This was the OSA Int single men's dorm in the mid-late 80s (Leb Hall #617). I stayed there 1986-1995. Somewhere around 1990 we (unilaterally) got rid of the middle tier of bunkbeds on the right and turned the two remaining tiers around along the wall to leave some [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] space in the middle of the room. It managed to stay like that (sleeping 9 instead of 12) for the whole of the rest of the time I was there. I can't say it was luxurious but compared to some dorms it wasn't that bad. There was even a little alcove at the back of the dorm next to the 4'x4' WC (toilet and washbasin), maybe 8'x4', where there was room for 2 or 3 people to sit and read or chat at the end of the day, where leaving a light on wouldn't disturb the guys trying to sleep. I would often read there for an hour before bed. It cut into my sleep, but I figured fuck it I needed some "me time!"

LH617.jpg

Mine was the top bunk in the middle tier. :)

Paul

Last edited:

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
This was the OSA Int single men's dorm in the mid-late 80s (Leb Hall #617). I stayed there 1986-1995. Somewhere around 1990 we (unilaterally) got rid of the middle tier of bunkbeds on the right and turned the two remaining tiers around along the wall to leave some [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] space in the middle of the room. It managed to stay like that (sleeping 9 instead of 12) for the whole of the rest of the time I was there. I can't say it was luxurious but compared to some dorms it wasn't that bad. There was even a little alcove at the back of the dorm next to the 4'x4' WC (toilet and washbasin), maybe 8'x4', where there was room for 2 or 3 people to sit and read or chat at the end of the day, where leaving a light on wouldn't disturb the guys trying to sleep. I would often read there for an hour before bed. It cut into my sleep, but I figured fuck it I needed some "me time!"

LH617.jpg

Mine was the top bunk in the middle tier. :)

Paul

Damn Paul, that brings up some mighty unpleasant memories of dorms on the 5th floor of the main building in big blue. After getting married, we had a private room with a shared bathroom in Leb hall, that was tiny ... can't imaging it with 12 beds. Whats revolting and hilarious ... me as RTC got preferential treatment ... so we were better off than most!!!