What's new

Anyone from Toronto?

lookatthat

Hi there,

I'm new and wondering if anyone from Toronto is a part of this community. I went on course and to the Ability School through the 1990's and early 2000's. My mom was on day staff at the org back then. Just curious if anyone I knew or might have crossed paths with back then is present here.

I'm also wondering if anyone has information about what is happening with the CoS on Yonge Street? It's been empty for some years now, it seems. I know they had a space at 2 College St, but not sure if that's still functioning. What happens to everyone working there when a church closes? I walked by a month or two ago and despite the building being completely boarded up, a man named Mario (who worked in the bookstore for as long as I can remember) had a table set up outside with books and was talking to passersby. It was a very sad and desperate sight.

Have lots of churches closed down in recent years?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi there,

I'm new and wondering if anyone from Toronto is a part of this community. I went on course and to the Ability School through the 1990's and early 2000's. My mom was on day staff at the org back then. Just curious if anyone I knew or might have crossed paths with back then is present here.

I'm also wondering if anyone has information about what is happening with the CoS on Yonge Street? It's been empty for some years now, it seems. I know they had a space at 2 College St, but not sure if that's still functioning. What happens to everyone working there when a church closes? I walked by a month or two ago and despite the building being completely boarded up, a man named Mario (who worked in the bookstore for as long as I can remember) had a table set up outside with books and was talking to passersby. It was a very sad and desperate sight.

Have lots of churches closed down in recent years?

Maybe take a walk by 696 again and if Mario is there buy him a cup of coffee to warm up and ask if most of the TO public are taking services in Cambridge now.

lookatthat

Maybe take a walk by 696 again and if Mario is there buy him a cup of coffee to warm up and ask if most of the TO public are taking services in Cambridge now.
Next time I'm in the area I'll try to work up the nerve to speak to him. I've only seen a few Scientologists around TO over the past decade, despite living here the whole time. Each time it happens I freeze up - not sure why.

Ali Shibaz

Fuck Scientology
Next time I'm in the area I'll try to work up the nerve to speak to him. I've only seen a few Scientologists around TO over the past decade, despite living here the whole time. Each time it happens I freeze up - not sure why.
Perhaps it is your infallible self-preservation instinct taking control?

I would hope that mine would work in the same way to keep me away from any of those people.

I remember eating in a restaurant across the street from them. I witnessed a man and a woman having a conversation on their grounds. It looked like they were arguing about something. Eventually, the woman took a cup of hot coffee and threw it in the man's face.

I was left wondering just how much enlightenment these people achieved from Scamatology if that was the way they resolved their disputes. It was a clear warning sign to stay away. Stay away!

Last edited:

Ali Shibaz

Fuck Scientology
Hello StatPush. I'm sorry that I can't help you but I was fortunate enough to have stayed away and so I don't recognize those name you are asking about.

I'm not smarter than other people. I think I was just very lucky that I recognized right from the start this cult is just madness personified.

If my luck would have been just a little bit different, I could have easily been suckered into this mess for many years - just like so many other people.

I hope the people you are asking about were also lucky enough to have avoided the monsters who suck all the life out of everyone they get their hands on.

For anyone considering becoming a member of this cult, do yourself a giant favor and stay away. Stay Away. For God's sake, Stay Away from this madness.