What's new

Anyone I know out there?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
So in their eyes, I was worthless. Funny how that works, eh?

I've come to the conclusion that being considered worthless by Scio, or any of the other numerous labels and judgements, is high praise indeed, considering the hidden agendas. :)
Good on you! :thumbsup:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Oh, please. Don't go trying to help me, now.

Looks like I started to step on your toes. And wouldn't you know it, I just found out you're in charge of the Ex SO group that would interest me. Oh well, guess I can kiss that idea off.

Got nothing to do with it - if you want to join and are XSO then you are welcome, no need to agree with me or like me.

I don't have a clue who you are, nor do I really care to learn it now.

oh wow, I'm hurt.

Maybe you have some other more compelling problems to deal with, such as online personality, but whatever it is, you don't have to worry about me. I'll just ignore you as best I can.

Hip hip hooray.

notLRH

Patron
I've come to the conclusion that being considered worthless by Scio, or any of the other numerous labels and judgements, is high praise indeed, considering the hidden agendas. :)
Good on you! :thumbsup:

Yea, it's interesting. Funny thing is that in my new field of work, I'm considered as one of the best in the English-speaking world. Sorry I can't say what that is, but a google search always has me at the top of my very specialized field. Too bad I'm not a brain surgeon so it would result in big bucks, too!

No matter what, though, being told by your boss that you're being kicked out does hurt the ego. But another thing I learned after my 3 decades of self employment is that I just can't work for someone else. I had that trouble constantly there. I always questioned why I had to do one thing or another. I was a lousy robot. It's one of the reasons I was always in trouble.

I'm reminded of Maureen's comment (TwinA) that it was nice to do the cine side of things because pushing paper and stats was so damn stupid. At least the skills and experience I got in cine were applicable elsewhere. I should have been the chief cameraman, though never got near it there. It's one of the things that I've excelled at since, though. So that about sums up their evaluation of talent with their employees. If I have the time, I know exactly what I'll upload here to use as my avatar. I've got a nice picture of me in silhouette taken years ago. It's a slide, so I'm not sure if I can get a decent scan of it, not having a dedicated slide scanner. That's a whole other project.

byte301

Crusader
I thought of that already. Your message seems to indicate a lingering doubt about me. In fact, I have little doubt DM has someone monitoring this and all other ex scn websites and reports back to him....unless they indeed have all their attention on others right now. Yea, I walk a fine line in telling any of my stories. You wouldn't know me, anyway, so I don't care if you remain in the dark. I'm just a participant like any others here and I consist only of what you read from me. Just words on a monitor with no identity.

My only claim to fame was that I was once in a movie and I'd love to get ahold of it somehow. I'll google more for tech film pirate copies, of which it seems must exist somewhere. For my performance, I was exceptionally pleased that R said I did a good job. This while he was already in hiding elsewhere. Off on a tangent here, but is that initial in familiar use with ex SO people? That's how we usually referred to LRH. He signed his orders with just "L, R" (=Love, Ron) though never actually signed one. That's just how it was dictated to messengers and typed up for distribution....

But as to revealing myself, I have to wonder if such details would ever be remembered by DM and Starkey. I mean, they must have dealt with thousands of such incidents. Would they really remember that? Perhaps, but maybe not - thus the fine line I walk.

I'd love to tell lots more stories. I've got gobs of them. Interesting to me, anyway. I'll have to copy what little I've written here to some life story for own use. Just writing them down has jogged so many more of them now. And I ain't getting any younger.... so might as well do such a thing now.

I just re-read your comment about the 80s location. Well, that's not very important. There were probably lots of them. I just happened to be at one of them. And there must have been a hundred people, I don't remember. And most I didn't know, so I don't think I stayed long. I never cared to get any services from such groups, so if DM kept such lists, I wouldn't be on one.

It would take a monsterous Nazi SS group of people to track down every person to have ever attended such a gathering and from what I hear now, staff numbers continue to dwindle, leaving DM to juggle everything himself. Hope the lack of sleep finally kills him.

Well, all sorts of stuff keeps popping up on youtube so you may get to see the film someday! And I hope you do tell your story. I would love to read it.
I always think of those old days as thrilling and devastating all at the same time. But, again, it was what it was. Can't change it and don't know if I'd want to! But I sure wouldn't do it again. :D

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
That's the most I've heard about the SP Hall being a trailer. Where is it located in relation to the highway dividing the property?

I get the feeling you've figured out who I am. Is that true? Like I said earlier, I was never holding any top level posts, just worked at a top level place. And I got the lucky break in about early 1981, I think, to get kicked out. I would have stayed, for sure. And at the time it was terrible. But in retrospect, it was the best thing I could have happen. So in their eyes, I was worthless. Funny how that works, eh?

Well, if you want to dig through them, the building the SP Room is in can be seen in the photo album linked to at the end of the first post on this thread:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=3346
The building is in shots #130 and #131, north side of the property, west of the "Qual Chapel."

No, I didn't figure out who you are, but you did pass the Remote Autheti-Meter (TM) test.

Pixie

Crusader
That's the most I've heard about the SP Hall being a trailer. Where is it located in relation to the highway dividing the property?

I get the feeling you've figured out who I am. Is that true? Like I said earlier, I was never holding any top level posts, just worked at a top level place. And I got the lucky break in about early 1981, I think, to get kicked out. I would have stayed, for sure. And at the time it was terrible. But in retrospect, it was the best thing I could have happen. So in their eyes, I was worthless. Funny how that works, eh?

There's a thread about the SP Hall in which Kookaburra posted a couple of links. The story is told by someone who was actually in there. A MUST read for everyone.

notLRH

Patron
Well, if you want to dig through them, the building the SP Room is in can be seen in the photo album linked to at the end of the first post on this thread:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=3346
The building is in shots #130 and #131, north side of the property, west of the "Qual Chapel."

No, I didn't figure out who you are, but you did pass the Remote Autheti-Meter (TM) test.

Aaahh yes, the famous R.A.M. test. I have been hearing of that for years now. I am so pleased to finally learn you're the inventor. I believe I saw it demo'd at the Smithsonian. Congrats! :)

I'll look for the SP hall info. If I remember correctly, Qual was using the sauna area, right? I just remembered Sue Koon was in qual. She was hot.

Judging from the long list of inmates there, that trailer would have to be huge, or maybe there are many trailers? Or maybe each has a 4'x4' cubicle?

Thanks

notLRH

Patron
There's a thread about the SP Hall in which Kookaburra posted a couple of links. The story is told by someone who was actually in there. A MUST read for everyone.

Thanks for the tip. I will search for Kookaburra's links.

notLRH

Patron
Well, all sorts of stuff keeps popping up on youtube so you may get to see the film someday! And I hope you do tell your story. I would love to read it.
I always think of those old days as thrilling and devastating all at the same time. But, again, it was what it was. Can't change it and don't know if I'd want to! But I sure wouldn't do it again. :D

I have the same thought. I was just starting out in life and everything was exciting. We did exciting things. For someone in scn, how could you top working directly for LRH - damn exciting. But like you say, it was also tragic, a waste of so much. That zealous missionary mindset would allow one to ignore so many of the problems that existed. And only separating from the whole thing for years can allow some clarity of thought. That's only when I could be so happy I got out when I did. Not a second too soon.

notLRH

Patron
I just remembered two more people I don't think were listed on any crew listing.

One was Gwen, a young girl, maybe 18 in about 1980. She married a guy I think was from England who was about 5'7" with light strawberry blonde hair. I can't remember his name, but I believe he was in some tech field. Oh yea, I think his first name was David.

The other was a girl also young, maybe 17 in 1980, and in the CMO. She was a little heavy set, blonde hair. Can't recall her name, but she married a young guy named Jason. Don't remember the last name yet. Jason was not in the CMO. I think he was in Gold, but don't remember what post.

Also, it's really vague, but wasn't there a young Mexican girl who worked with Paco at the LRH house at SU? I believe her name was Juanita. I'm pretty sure she was the main or only cleaner for that house.

Wait, there are two more I just thought about. They were sisters, both with long blonde hair and both in the CMO. The older one was first married to the same Jason above, I believe. The younger one was about 17 or 18 and not married, heavy set. Just can't recall either name. But being sisters might help someone remind me who they were. So far, all I can remember about the older one is that her name could be spelled several ways and the way she spelled it was abnormal. Maybe that's her younger sister, because I just remembered the older sister's name as Jennifer. And I think her sister's name starts with T.

Last edited:

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
NotLRH,

Let's see if I can complete some of your names (and what they're doing these days):

Gwen Culff -- nowadays in Dissem Gold

Susie and Jason Bennick -- both on PAC RPF

Paco Suarez -- Cleaner in Bonnie View (LRH house on Int Base)

notLRH

Patron
I don't recognize the name Culff, but must be right, since I doubt there are many named Gwen there. Susie is it, yup. I saw Paco's last name on that list. He must be in his 70s by now.

Wow, I just remembered those two blonde sisters. Jennifer was right and the sister was Janine. Can't think of the last name yet...

Thanks

nowout

Patron with Honors
I just remembered two more people I don't think were listed on any crew listing.

One was Gwen, a young girl, maybe 18 in about 1980. She married a guy I think was from England who was about 5'7" with light strawberry blonde hair. I can't remember his name, but I believe he was in some tech field. Oh yea, I think his first name was David.

The other was a girl also young, maybe 17 in 1980, and in the CMO. She was a little heavy set, blonde hair. Can't recall her name, but she married a young guy named Jason. Don't remember the last name yet. Jason was not in the CMO. I think he was in Gold, but don't remember what post.

Also, it's really vague, but wasn't there a young Mexican girl who worked with Paco at the LRH house at SU? I believe her name was Juanita. I'm pretty sure she was the main or only cleaner for that house.

Wait, there are two more I just thought about. They were sisters, both with long blonde hair and both in the CMO. The older one was first married to the same Jason above, I believe. The younger one was about 17 or 18 and not married, heavy set. Just can't recall either name. But being sisters might help someone remind me who they were. So far, all I can remember about the older one is that her name could be spelled several ways and the way she spelled it was abnormal. Maybe that's her younger sister, because I just remembered the older sister's name as Jennifer. And I think her sister's name starts with T.

That was David and Gwen Wilson. He used to be RAV.

Jason and Susie (Newman) Bennick?

Girl who used to work with Paco is Juanita Garcia. She married Kevin McGauhey who was a gaffer in Cine and both got offloaded to Pac.

The two blonde sisters last name were Custer, I believe.

nowout

Patron with Honors
Yes, I remember Richard of CHCC and that unusual last name. I did mention Waldo, Lyman and Josh in some other posts, but forgot Don Bateman, Dan and Sue Koon.

Another I just remembered out of the blue yesterday was that Peter Gilham was married. That fact totally escaped me, but his wife was a knock-out named Doreen "Do" and had long blonde hair. She was in the CMO and worked in finance, like Peter. Anyone know if they are both out? I heard Peter is out, so if they are together, I presume she is also out. Do was also on the ship as one of the really young messengers for LRH. She was nice, but I do remember she had a hell of a temper sometimes.

I asked about SP Hall and was referred to a google search. That lead me to operation clam bake's website, but searches there were pretty empty.

I only found the list of the crew who are kept there, but am wondering about its location at Int. Where is that hall located exactly? Is it in one of the older buildings or something more recently constructed?

I'm trying to think of a story that won't give away my ID or my occupation there. Some stories will have to wait until I decide to finally reveal myself. There's an interesting one involving a tiny camera... :)

OK, I've got one. It was from the time we were filming the first training films and living at Palms (if I'm not correctly identifying the name of that place, please someone step in and correct me). We were usually filming at night because of the summer heat. But sometimes we were doing day shoots and there was a time when we all loaded up into the bus, Leroy drove, as always, and we headed off somewhere going west on I-10, passing Palm Springs and maybe passing Beaumont, but it was very early before I knew my way around well, so might be mistaken. Anyway, we ended up in a remote location to do a shoot of some scenes. I'm foggy on just what, or the film it was for, but LRH was directing and I just remember it was really hard work, due to the heavy equipment being carried all over the place in the heat. I have a vague recollection of it being some canyon with pine trees here and there. It was one of the rare off set location shoots, so I wonder if anyone can remember this in more detail.

Sorry, nothing was very exciting in my description. I could throw in more details of what I did, but can't say it right now. But I can remember some of the crew at that time. Marcus Swanson and DM were on camera. Terri Gilham (Armstrong) was also on camera, but not sure she was there that time. Gary Press was in lights, Pat Murray or maybe Robbie Robinson taking light levels, Olga in costumes, Linda in make-up, I can't remember the sets people. DR (David Rousseau) was there but can't remember whether he was in lights or camera at that time. Oh yes, there was a guy I've forgotten who was the art director. I think he had blonde hair. I don't think he was around much longer. When people blew back then, we called it something like "he took an I-10 rundown" meaning they took off running down Interstate 10.

As for messengers, I think those working with LRH were probably Do and DeDe, but not sure they were the actual MonDs (Messengers on Duty) on that shoot. Could also have been Claire Rousseau on that shoot. All of these were senior messengers, so there was probably only one of them and others were junior messengers without as much cine experience or more recently joined. There was a Cindy Hall who posted on this message board who could have been on this particular shoot as a messenger. If so, she was one of those who were smart enough to take that I-10 rundown shortly afterwards... and the rest of us stuck around because we were still just thrilled to be among the few privileged enough to ever work for LRH.

So with these extra details, I guess the story isn't half bad. :)

Yes, you can find data on the SP Room on Clambake. In essence, it is a place where DM is keeping Int Base execs and staff he has declared SP but doesn't dare let loose on the world for they know too much. So he has concocted this new type of "handling" of declaring but NOT offloading people so that he can have control of them. How it will all end is one of the great mysteries of recent times. It is located in a trailer on the base that used to house CMO Int. A recent place, has been there less than 10 years (The trailer has. The SP Room is an invention in the last 2-3 years)

Well, you could definitely tell some stories about how it was to work with LRH, or how DM was back when he was "just a cameraman." Both would be most interesting.

(And for those who will take my word for it, this guy knows what he is talking about -- he has really been there.)

Dan Koon is out and divorced from Sue Koon who is still in and in the hall.

Peter Gillham is out, doing very well and has a great wife and family, with 4 awesome kids. Doreen took off by herself, did well and was married. Unfortunately she had an accident and is deceased.

Was that location shot on a golf course? If it was then it was TR2 - Cycle of Communication with Gerry Armstrong and Wak Allcock as the main characters, shot at the MCI Golfcourse before SU got purchased by Kima.

Marcus was CO Gold at one point and did an I 10 RD later.

Terri was ED ASI and is also out and doing very well with her husband, Fernando Gamboa who was a Gold Musician percussionist.

GP and Olga are still in. Pat and Melanie Murray are out, and are public.

Linda was offloaded and I think is out.

DR was offloaded to Pac and was Cram Off at ITO for a while at the HGB but died of cancer. Claire is out.

I've forgotten the name of that Art Director, he used to be married to Jessica (Waldmann - she married Waldo later) and was an artist, with Andre Clavel and Archie.

BTW, MV = Maiden Voyage, June 6, 1988 of the Freewinds, of which the anniversary is celebrated every year with a cruise of original OT 8s and VIPs by invitation.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

I would go to OCMB and search for all posts by Blownforgood.

Quite an education in DM's insanity.