ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

AOSH UK R&W July 2014

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Lesolee (Sith Lord), Jul 6, 2014.

1. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Lesolee (Sith Lord) Patron Meritorious

I felt the need to visit AOSH UK today so I did. It was a 190 mile round trip by car.

Tales of empty Idle Morgues seem greatly exaggerated, at St Hill that is.

The grounds are well kept. Frankly I have never seen the grounds in such good condition.

The car park was full and there was an overflow car park onto the nearby field. There were new benches scattered around the grounds with an olde worlde feel. I saw two pairs of auditor/pc going around doing objectives. The place was just buzzing with activity. There was even a sign up outside the gate saying “open to the public” with tours every hour.

AOSH car park.jpg

AOSH castle far better.jpg

AOSH lake bench.jpg

AOSH lake far side.jpg

AOSH manor from lake.jpg

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

lake.jpg

One of mine from 1983 or so. :)

I spent many happy lunchtimes by that lake.

Paul

3. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I went on the tour maybe 5 years or so ago. The car Park was half full at best.
    The grounds were in excellent state. The Yellow Dianetics van or minibus had had
    black paint thrown over it.

Possibly there was a wedding today? St Hill hires itself out for such matters.

St Hill can recruit and reg throughout Europe. Europe can't recruit or reg in England,
    and for scientologists its a historically important place.

4. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

There was no evidence of that. There were lots of staff about though. Not exactly guarding, but strategically placed around, like on the car park entrance, by the doors into receprions, and so on.

I tried to get a snap of the org board(s) but it is in a busy corridor. I had the camera out when a staff member appeared from around the corner. So there is me, both hands casually behind my back,:coolwink: my right hand holding the open camera. Out comes his hand in greeting. Dextrously swap the camera from one hand to the other to shake hands :eyeroll:

I got a little chance to peek at the AOSH org board before another staff member was on my case. :duh: I recognised all the names I saw, but that was only on a small fraction of the posts.

Looks like the manor is having some renos on the outside.

AOSH renos.jpg

5. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

I used to walk right around the lake quite often, except when it had been recently raining. It used to get pretty boggy after rain.

I don't recall it frozen over though.

6. RodKeller8008

RodKeller8008 Patron

sh1.jpg

sh2.jpg

sh3.jpg

Let me know if I missed anything.

7. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Did you check out the shit pits?

I have to admit I am disappointed to hear of continued activity but thanks for spying for us.

8. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

One can't really classify it as "spying" when they have a site open to the public. :hysterical:

:confused2:
    I walked past the sewage treatment works, if that's what you mean. Looking down at the lake from the manor I typically walk down the left side which has a concrete path, then walk back on the right side, which is grassy and high up. The sewage works is on the right side (seen from the manor). If it is not working correctly then it is smelly. It was a hot day today and it wasn't smelly.

Otherwise, if you mean "the facilities" in the castle, I did use said facilities. The ones in the corridor between the course room and the Class VIII/AO rooms (assuming the functions haven't changed). There were paper towels and toilet paper :happydance: :clap:
    Everything a modern restroom could hope for.:eyeroll:

9. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

True there's no sign outside saying that certain people can not visit the grounds, hmm maybe we should get a coach trip organised.

I did mean the smelly pits of shit that used to grow tomatoes on top if not being stirred by RPFers. The key question is are they still leaking into the stream that runs at the back of the lake, I believe the authorities had been directed towards this area as it had been a public health issue with bacteria going straight into the waterways.

10. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Well, there is this building

AOSH building.jpg

that is unlabelled in your plans. A posh garage? (The manor house is just out of shot to the right, as seen looking down from the hill).

There is a sauna with running machines (for purif) as an outbuilding not shown. It is nestled into the trees. I have never been inside that building though.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  11. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Now you are into the seamy underbelly of life at St Hill that public don't get to see, thankfully. :ohmy:

12. RodKeller8008

RodKeller8008 Patron

I've never been there, I'm only working from photos and satellites. It looks like a garage to me. Maybe the pool is more of a pond, it doesn't look like a real swimming facility from above. More green than blue.

13. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Thanks for reporting back Lesolee, but why are you thankful the public don't see the excrement La La Lou Lou talked about?

14. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

My bad, the swimming pool next to the manor is an outdoor pool. That's correct.

15. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

The green might be floating leaves or algae.

16. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Well I'm conflicted.

Was I happy to see St Hill looking its best? Yes.

Would I like to see the people whose names I recognised on the org board crushed, harmed, or RPF'd? No.

Would I like to see the public on course named and "outed"? No, which is why I blanked out their number plates and didn't posts the video of the panoramic car park shot showing loads of number plates.

Admittedly I make a pretty lousy Sith, but in all honesty I tried to use the handle "Lesolee (Master of the Force)" -- but it was too many characters. :bigcry:

17. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Being a nasty piece of work, I'd be happy if the fucking place burned down to the ground.

Me neither.

Ditto

I'm afraid I know very little about being a Sith, so on that one I'm keeping me gob firmly shut!

Edit: I've googled 'Sith' and learned that they are from the 'Star Wars' series of movies, none of which I've ever bothered to watch which would explain my ignorance. Good luck doing battle with the Dark Forces tho Lesolee! :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  18. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

I (just about) spotted the sauna on Google Earth because I knew where it was. It is marked below.

plan.jpg

19. RodKeller8008

RodKeller8008 Patron

Thank you.

20. RodKeller8008

RodKeller8008 Patron

Did you visit anything else nearby? There are only seven sites on the planet like this one.

walsh.jpg