What's new

Apollo helm for sale?

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
Ran into this posting on EBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ship-Helm-H...159112?hash=item3d29f889c8:g:DWoAAOSw44BYGAq-

You are viewing the ships' helm from the HMS Royal Scotsman/Apollo. Included with the helm are the wheel and compass. The documents shown in the last photo were all found aboard the ship. You will not be receiving the original documents, but you will receive photocopies of any that pertain to the Apollo. I will be listing the original documents as well as other items from this ship in other listings, so be sure to keep an eye on my other listings.

The Scotsman was sold in the late 60's to Sea Org and was renamed the Apollo. The Apollo was the flagship of the Sea Org until it was sold in the early 80's. Gulmar Inc. of South TX was tasked with dismantling and scrapping the Apollo/HMS Royal Scotsman. Some items of value were placed in a storage container instead of being scrapped. This container was sealed in 1984 and remained closed until 2 months ago where it was opened to put the items up for auction. This is as much history as I have for these items. I cannot fully guarantee the authenticity, but all my research so far confirms the above. This item is sold As-Is, as I cannot guarantee full functionality of the items.

This item weighs roughly 300 pounds and is currently on a pallet. Buyer must arrange freight or local pickup from 78583. Non-refundable deposit of $1000 due via PayPal within 24 hours of auction close.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The photographs:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

From the eBay listing:

You are viewing the ships' helm from the HMS Royal Scotsman/Apollo. Included with the help are the wheel and compass. The Scotsman was sold in the late 60's to Sea Org and was renamed the Apollo. The Apollo was the flagship of the Sea Org until it was sold in the early 80's. Gulmar Inc. of South TX was tasked with dismantling and scrapping the Apollo/HMS Royal Scotsman. Some items of value were placed in a storage container instead of being scrapped. This container was sealed in 1984 and remained closed until 2 months ago where it was opened to put the items up for auction. This is as much history as I have for these items.
I cannot fully guarantee the authenticity but all my research so far confirms the above. This item is sold As-Is, as I cannot guarantee full functionality of the items. This item weighs roughly 300 pounds and is currently on a pallet. Buyer must arrange freight or local pickup from 78583. Non-refundable deposit of $1000 due via PayPal within 24 hours of auction close.

Just like Scientology itself !

HelluvaHoax!

After looking at that listing, two thoughts:

1) I can't believe the COS missed this opportunity! Why didn't they buy the LRH helm with a whale donation of $1M and put it in the LRH maritime museum? They could have told the mark that it required fully standard restoration per LRHs wishes. Then they could have done the restoration for $10,000 and pocketed the balance ($ 974,000)

2. I researched this auction and scientifically determined that it was NOT being sold by a Scientologist. Because the description did not contain the word "priceless". It's science, I tell ya! The Modern Science of Mental "Tells".

HelluvaHoax!

I think I am FreeWheeling on this thread. My mind has a lot of reactive thoughts coming in. LOL

The photos of RON'S HELM is like the start of a really scary sci-fi movie that's a knockoff of JURASSIC PARK. Remember when Spielberg's movie retrieved dinosaur dna and...well you know the rest.

So, some scientists buy Ron's helm and retrieve his dna from the wheel. So, you see where this is going? At first Ron is just some gelatinous junk in a petrie dish. But by the film's 2nd Act, they have cloned RON II.

Yeah, so it starts getting freaky scary and people are yelling at the screen when Ron II breaks out of his captivity and goes back into society. And, I guess (like the opening scene in TERMINATOR) Ron II probably should be naked, wandering the streets of Clearwater or something, mumbling incoherently about salvaging the sector.

I guess RON II should probably wander his way into the Ft. Harrison; that would be cool, wouldn't it? LOL

Oh wait, I am re-writing that scene. Ron wanders into a major int'l event at the Shrine right while COB is booming his voice about how he saved the planet. And RON II just kinda shuffles onto stage. The audience gasps. Ron II slowly grabs the microphone and says: "What the hell are you doing in that stupid uniform? What the fuck are you doing on this stage? You pretending you're saving the world? What kind of bullshit is going on here?!"

COB then puts his head down and stiffly marches off stage without saying anything except: "Oh! Sorry. My bad".

More scenes will probably come to me later but first, I gotta work on the name of this movie. JURRASIC JERK? lol

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

I think I am FreeWheeling on this thread. My mind has a lot of reactive thoughts coming in. LOL

The photos of RON'S HELM is like the start of a really scary sci-fi movie that's a knockoff of JURASSIC PARK. Remember when Spielberg's movie retrieved dinosaur dna and...well you know the rest.

So, some scientists buy Ron's helm and retrieve his dna from the wheel. So, you see where this is going? At first Ron is just some gelatinous junk in a petrie dish. But by the film's 2nd Act, they have cloned RON II.

Yeah, so it starts getting freaky scary and people are yelling at the screen when Ron II breaks out of his captivity and goes back into society. And, I guess (like the opening scene in TERMINATOR) Ron II probably should be naked, wandering the streets of Clearwater or something, mumbling incoherently about salvaging the sector.

I guess RON II should probably wander his way into the Ft. Harrison; that would be cool, wouldn't it? LOL

Oh wait, I am re-writing that scene. Ron wanders into a major int'l event at the Shrine right while COB is booming his voice about how he saved the planet. And RON II just kinda shuffles onto stage. The audience gasps. Ron II slowly grabs the microphone and says: "What the hell are you doing in that stupid uniform? What the fuck are you doing on this stage? You pretending you're saving the world? What kind of bullshit is going on here?!"

COB then puts his head down and stiffly marches off stage without saying anything except: "Oh! Sorry. My bad".

More scenes will probably come to me later but first, I gotta work on the name of this movie. JURRASIC JERK? lol

If they spliced his DNA to a sheep's and then cloned him they could make a kids movie of it. They could call it "The Bad Ewe."

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Why would anyone in their right mind buy this pile of useless junk? The seller will probably end up having to pay somebody to dispose of it.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why would anyone in their right mind buy this pile of useless junk? The seller will probably end up having to pay somebody to dispose of it.

Would be perfect for TC's new Clearwater man cave, placed in the view of the Fort Harrison. Love how they packed it away in sealed containers for 32 years covered in salt water. Gave it a real authentic patina. Not sure if should have Sea Org members detail it with toothbrushes or leave asis for effect.

How much for those old milk cans? Were they the original buckets used to feed slop to the first RPF?

What else you got in that container?

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
The Seller has knocked 21% off his asking price.

You can now save $4,199.15

LOL....

But... but... that's from the boat that Hubbard saved the world with!!!!! It's priceless. He should RAISE the price!!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Tony Ortega has an item on this.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/07/on...scientologys-drug-horror-clinic-off-the-hook/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

But we wondered, is this thing actually authentic?

We decided to ask a couple of people who actually worked on the helm of the ship to see if they recognized it. Hana Whitfield at one time was Scientology’s “deputy commodore” and captained the ship. She said it did look familiar, but she wasn’t sure. She suggested we ask another old salt who also spent a lot of time on the bridge of the Apollo.

That person tells us that in fact it does look right and could well be the steering station of Hubbard’s ship. He points out that the Apollo was scrapped in Brownsville, Texas, and that a plate is marked with its origin — Edinburgh, which is consistent with where it would have been built.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tony Ortega has an item on this.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/07/on...scientologys-drug-horror-clinic-off-the-hook/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

But we wondered, is this thing actually authentic?

We decided to ask a couple of people who actually worked on the helm of the ship to see if they recognized it. Hana Whitfield at one time was Scientology’s “deputy commodore” and captained the ship. She said it did look familiar, but she wasn’t sure. She suggested we ask another old salt who also spent a lot of time on the bridge of the Apollo.

That person tells us that in fact it does look right and could well be the steering station of Hubbard’s ship. He points out that the Apollo was scrapped in Brownsville, Texas, and that a plate is marked with its origin — Edinburgh, which is consistent with where it would have been built.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

It is the Apollo Helm...I was well familiar with it. Needless to say, it was not in this neglected condition back then.

Face:)

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
So will you buy it ? :eyeroll:

We should buy it. ESMB members. We could make a Cargo Cult Shrine to Hubbard in the desert. Build a concrete platform for it and put the "Helm of the Old Apollo" on top of it as a symbolic gesture for when Mankind's Greatest Fiend returns. It could be in the middle of a field with that weird culty symbol cut into the dirt so Elron knows where to land his spaceship and smoke Kools amongst mankind once again.

No wait, we'd need an entire Apollo replica not just the helm. Heck, let's just build a LRH theme park! Ok, let's start the donations!!

The_Fixer

Class Clown
We should buy it. ESMB members. We could make a Cargo Cult Shrine to Hubbard in the desert. Build a concrete platform for it and put the "Helm of the Old Apollo" on top of it as a symbolic gesture for when Mankind's Greatest Fiend returns. It could be in the middle of a field with that weird culty symbol cut into the dirt so Elron knows where to land his spaceship and smoke Kools amongst mankind once again.

No wait, we'd need an entire Apollo replica not just the helm. Heck, let's just build a LRH theme park! Ok, let's start the donations!!
Normally I would, but.....

I don't want to smoke what you're smoking...... :biggrin:

Not this time anyway.