What's new

Applying POWER as a condition

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I started on staff in a Class 4 org. My t/post had been explained to me, and I understood that my post-allegiance was to my org. I was bawled out by a Sea Ogre who decided that the resources I was managing were better allocated to his SO event.

I had grown up in an abusive household, so I had learned to stand my ground, and promptly KRed him. That started a war in itself. I was the worst in the world, and I thought the same of him. This bitch fight went on for weeks until I decided to apply ARC. I spoke to him stating my reasons for my actions, and that in future if he wanted to state his needs politely, I would allocate resources when they were available. Amazingly, this worked! It also infected other Sea Ogres.

I generally had a good relationship with SO management staff because they learned that I wouldn't take HE&R shit from anyone. As a lowly staffer I could walk into the Continental CO's office without having to get on my knees, I called all the D/COs by their first names, and as far as "relationships with bosses" went things were generally okay. This relationship with bosses was so good that at one stage when a guy from Tours abused me on the phone, his boss was sharing the line and chipped in supporting me!

A great pity I could never achieve this with the Ethics Officer. Here I was clearly in POWER on my post, respected and admired by upper management (including people from Flag), and the EO insisted I had Ethics problems because I wasn't a morning person and didn't have 40 minutes of my life to waste at Muster. I have found that in most orgs, invoking "ethics protection" will get you nowhere.

I was informed after I blew that the HAS had drawn up my SP Declare very quickly, but that it had been quashed uplines. Given that I kept getting letters and phone calls trying to get me back in as a public, I'm left to conclude that I was informed correctly.

I'm also guessing that if more people within the orgs applied the basics of the PR policies, things would run much more smoothly for everyone. Am I right, or am I right?

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I'm also guessing that if more people within the orgs applied the basics of the PR policies, things would run much more smoothly for everyone. Am I right, or am I right?

You're right sir!

My experience was that the majority of staff members were nice guys with good intentions. However, I have never experienced more cock-ups or unacknowledged comms than with dealing with orgs. Comm cycles aren't even well in. Evidently TRs and ARC are so special they are limited strictly to sessions.

I think stats are very useful indicators of performance but it is unworkable to make them the be all and end all. It's not a group when everyone is first and foremost looking after their own stat(s).

I don't mean to criticise these guys because the pressure they are under is phenomenal. I both admired and pitied them.

Terril park

Sponsor
You're right sir!

My experience was that the majority of staff members were nice guys with good intentions. However, I have never experienced more cock-ups or unacknowledged comms than with dealing with orgs. Comm cycles aren't even well in. Evidently TRs and ARC are so special they are limited strictly to sessions.

I think stats are very useful indicators of performance but it is unworkable to make them the be all and end all. It's not a group when everyone is first and foremost looking after their own stat(s).

I don't mean to criticise these guys because the pressure they are under is phenomenal. I both admired and pitied them.

"Evidently TRs and ARC are so special they are limited strictly to sessions."

A Classic!!! Still can't stop laughing. :) You have here a classic sig line comment. I'm stealing it and posting it broadly and anon.

You can reclaim it anytime of course. :))))