What's new

Are Freezoners Scientologists?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
It's interesting to see the earlier comment about people being made wrong. I think that for some, making others wrong is ok if that person does not have the majority point of view.

It's hard to take protestations of empathy for ex members who are being mistreated so seriously when some of those making those protestations are so busy making others wrong themselves.

Who? :confused2:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was referring to and replying to an exchange between Cat's Squirrel and Olska, things said to the former by the latter.

So apparently you were referring to things "Olska" said to "Cat's Squirrel" (to the former, by the latter) when you wrote

It's interesting to see the earlier comment about people being made wrong. I think that for some, making others wrong is ok if that person does not have the majority point of view.

It's hard to take protestations of empathy for ex members who are being mistreated so seriously when some of those making those protestations are so busy making others wrong themselves.

I said a lot of things to Cat's Squirrel -- I have no idea which things you're talking about.

Please please please if you're going to accuse me of "making others wrong," be more specific and quote what I said!

Or if you're not willing to do it, maybe someone else will point it out?

I thought Cat's Squirrel and I were having a discussion about our differing views on the practice of scientology and how it affects people, as well as on our (apparently differing?) views regarding the differences between reality, delusion, and hallucination and what criteria one uses to determine which is which -- and I'm still interested to know Cat's Squirrel's views on that (as well as the views of anyone else who wants to weigh in on that subject).

What part of that discussion are you interpreting as "making others wrong?"

Was it the joke? jeeze, I withdraw it! pardon me for trying to be funny, I promise I'll never again attempt it!

Terril park

Sponsor
Claire,

are FreeZoners Scientologists?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Does the bear shit in the woods?

Yes.

Does the full moon bring out the loons - who the hell knows. There is a difference between expostulating the obvious and just stating an obvious observation.

Mojo

Was it the joke? jeeze, I withdraw it! pardon me for trying to be funny, I promise I'll never again attempt it!

Too late. You're banned.

Just kidding.

Mojo

P.S. I love your wit and your sense of humor.

As soon as I get out of here I would love to come see you. The doctors say that'll be in a few years but the courts are still divided.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
So apparently you were referring to things "Olska" said to "Cat's Squirrel" (to the former, by the latter) when you wrote

I said a lot of things to Cat's Squirrel -- I have no idea which things you're talking about.

Please please please if you're going to accuse me of "making others wrong," be more specific and quote what I said!

Or if you're not willing to do it, maybe someone else will point it out?

I thought Cat's Squirrel and I were having a discussion about our differing views on the practice of scientology and how it affects people, as well as on our (apparently differing?) views regarding the differences between reality, delusion, and hallucination and what criteria one uses to determine which is which -- and I'm still interested to know Cat's Squirrel's views on that (as well as the views of anyone else who wants to weigh in on that subject).

What part of that discussion are you interpreting as "making others wrong?"

I'd be happy to weigh in on the subject of what criterion one uses to determine reality, delusion and hallucination. There is obviously an objective universe (or at LEAST inter-subjective) which we all perceive, and from which we receive feedback as we navigate the signals against the star-chart of our intentions and goals. To me, the determination of whether or not someone is hallucinating, delusional, or tracking with reality is the extent to which the plans that they make result in actions, and the results of those actions are in keeping with those plans. If a person says they are an artist, but they never do any artwork, and take lots of drugs that make them nearly non-functional, then you have a delusional person, a person who thinks they are an artist, when they are actually a recreational drug user. A person who is hallucinating actually believes things are happening that are not happening, and you can see this in their results, as well. If they intend to drive down the street, but can't get to the end because they believe that there is an alien vessel waiting there to destroy them or capture them, that's a pretty wild hallucination (and nothing I haven't heard before or seen analogs to in scio writings).

Sometimes, people who are delusional can still achieve positions of great power, but they still cannot bring about their desired objectives, because they aren't tracking with reality. Instead, something else happens, something that was unforseen/unpredicted, because the person doesn't actually track with reality.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Claire,

are FreeZoners Scientologists?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Does the bear shit in the woods?

Yes.

Does the full moon bring out the loons - who the hell knows. There is a difference between expostulating the obvious and just stating an obvious observation.

Ahh...but does the pope shit in the woods? Is the bear Catholic? :D :coolwink:

olska

What part of that discussion are you [Fluffy, in previous post] interpreting as "making others wrong?"

Fluffy replies:

Several years' worth of posts.

Wow, as replies to questions go, that one is amazing! Were you hoping to wipe out any credibility I have on this discussion forum in one fell swoop?

Thanks for showing us your true feelings about real discussion, deconsruction, debunking, and criticism of scientology.:thumbsup:

Do we now get to once again read your rant about how you've criticized scientology and Hubbard more than anyone else on any forum anywhere? Or will it be the one about how we're all different and it's a big wide world and can't we all just get along? Can't wait!