What's new

Are past lives consecutive?

This morning, I was thinking - Why, if the thetan is outside MEST (matter energy space and time) does he have to have past lives in sequence? Wouldn't that be agreement with an appearancy ( time )? Why couldn't my next life be earlier than the current one? Or concurrent? Is there any reason why I couldn't pick a body in any yesterday I wanted?

One of the big complaints is: where do all of the thetans come from as the planet's population continues to expand? You could be doing double or triple duty, and inhabit several bodies at once. A popular theme is that you are only using a small percentage of the brain's capacity. Perhaps the rest of you is elsewhere, or in several elsewheres or elsewhens.

Think how living non consecutive lives could be an interesting game. You gasp your last breath as and ex, pop out of your body and you think, "I am so glad I was never in the Sea Org. If I was I'd do things differently. The right way!" The next thing you know, you are being born in 1960 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania in the Philadelphia area to the Roman Catholic Polish-Italian family.... You are a smallish child, with some breathing difficulties, but start in the local gym to build yourself up, so you can take on straightening out the Sea Org.

Ha ha, you say, there is no way I am going to be him. But why couldn't you pick up a body in Viet Nam? You work in the rice patties, and one fine day you hear that your country is being overrun with these gross, overweight, obnoxious Americans, so you pick up a gun and before you know it - you are fighting in the Tet Offensive? Or you are sitting on the banks of the River Rubicon, watching Caesar pace back and forth? Or you go back to the time of your birth and pick up a body of a friend you have always admired and live a life parallel to the one you just left? Or your brother? Or parent? Or your lover?

With the loss of memory that accompanies a new life you'd never know you were on the most narcissistic life imaginable. But what if some of the knowledge from this life bled through into the next non-consecutive life? Talk about Deja vu. Or that premonition you keep having about this really big earthquake... or the one that lead you to buy stock in Microsoft when you did.

Fun, fun, fun.

Much more fun than merely dying and going forwards.

Maybe I am you in a non-consecutive life? Or you me?

Mimsey

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
You could probably do that non-consecutive. I'm not sure it matters. One spot in the kiddie pool is just as good as another. :)

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I've always assumed if there are other lives they are non-consecutive. And, that "time" runs differently on the other side than it does here. So if we could see it on this side it might look like a minute (or a week, or whatever) between when our essence left a current body and moved on to a new one - but on the other side it could be years or even centuries between lives. I like to think we get a chance to sit down, have a cup of coffee, think over what just happened, and maybe make a list of things we'd like to do the next time around.

I also wonder if dreams aren't a sneak peak into other lives we're living at the same time. Maybe when we're "awake" here we're "sleeping" somewhere else and possibly getting a peak into our 2014 life.

Thanks - this topic certainly beats the heck outta reading an excel forum for tips on building a conditional formula :geekon:

Blanky

This morning, I was thinking - Why, if the thetan is outside MEST (matter energy space and time) does he have to have past lives in sequence? Wouldn't that be agreement with an appearancy ( time )? Why couldn't my next life be earlier than the current one? Or concurrent? Is there any reason why I couldn't pick a body in any yesterday I wanted?

One of the big complaints is: where do all of the thetans come from as the planet's population continues to expand? You could be doing double or triple duty, and inhabit several bodies at once. A popular theme is that you are only using a small percentage of the brain's capacity. Perhaps the rest of you is elsewhere, or in several elsewheres or elsewhens.

Think how living non consecutive lives could be an interesting game. You gasp your last breath as and ex, pop out of your body and you think, "I am so glad I was never in the Sea Org. If I was I'd do things differently. The right way!" The next thing you know, you are being born in 1960 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania in the Philadelphia area to the Roman Catholic Polish-Italian family.... You are a smallish child, with some breathing difficulties, but start in the local gym to build yourself up, so you can take on straightening out the Sea Org.

Ha ha, you say, there is no way I am going to be him. But why couldn't you pick up a body in Viet Nam? You work in the rice patties, and one fine day you hear that your country is being overrun with these gross, overweight, obnoxious Americans, so you pick up a gun and before you know it - you are fighting in the Tet Offensive? Or you are sitting on the banks of the River Rubicon, watching Caesar pace back and forth? Or you go back to the time of your birth and pick up a body of a friend you have always admired and live a life parallel to the one you just left? Or your brother? Or parent? Or your lover?

With the loss of memory that accompanies a new life you'd never know you were on the most narcissistic life imaginable. But what if some of the knowledge from this life bled through into the next non-consecutive life? Talk about Deja vu. Or that premonition you keep having about this really big earthquake... or the one that lead you to buy stock in Microsoft when you did.

Fun, fun, fun.

Mimsey

well mims...

it's obvious...

all those new thetans of the population bomb are liberated BT's

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
well mims...

it's obvious...

all those new thetans of the population bomb are liberated BT's
I think you are on to something Birdie. LOLOLOL - Tubb's tech has released demons free to pick up bodies and that explains population explosion - if only Xenu would be freed he could use a 747 and fly these people to another planet, perhaps where Tubb's is hiding out...he needs a another game. :coolwink::wink2:

Scientology releases people of their BT's, where now the disembodied spirits are free to pick up new bodies and the cycle continues - there is more raw meat to put through the Scientology grinder....brilliant of Tubb's, simply brilliant$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron

Fun, fun, fun.

Mimsey

You could start a new religion with this way of thinking or you could write a screen play and produce a really cool Sci Fi movie. Hubbard chose number 1.

plucking my tongue from cheek for another response to our beloved mimsey...

as some of you might know in the gurdjieffian system reincarnation is parallel (!)

i was born in october of 1949 this time but maybe my next lifetime as myself will start in january of 1950

and...

you repeat much the same lifetime again and again and again until you engage esoteric knowledge and then you only have three or four repitions to get it right or become not

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

as some of you might know in the gurdjieffian system reincarnation is parallel (!)

i was born in october of 1949 this time but maybe my next lifetime as myself will start in january of 1950

and...

you repeat much the same lifetime again and again and again until you engage esoteric knowledge and then you only have three or four repitions to get it right or become not

[video=youtube;8Bd1hqHrUPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bd1hqHrUPU[/video]

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
I thought about that even before I was in. What if we were all the same person, for example?

But scientology didn't seem to want to hear about it, and (even though they say thetans can move through time), it's totally incompatible. You'd have scilons arguing about how the future was going to come out, and discussing how they still remembered the OT XIV commands from when they would run them in 2073. Plus, if we were all the same person, we'd all be incarnations of Ron, and I don't think he'd agree that he was ever anyone ordinary. He'd probably denounce the whole idea as some sort of delusion, if not spiritual Communism. He kind of banned that line of thought in OT III (fundamental error of a thetan is to believe we're one), I think it rubs sociopathic or narcissistic types the wrong way.

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wade through Fishman's lonesome squirrel.

Pay attention to the "pilot" programs he mentions.

:)

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
We had a new staff member come into our unit one time.

He had been at Flag or at least in CW for a few years and now he was in LA to join staff in our group and he kept going on and on about how he was running two bodies AT THIS TIME, ON THIS PLANET (sic), one was in CW on course at FSO and the other kept being late for roll call in LA.

We moved him along (exit via Qual) ASAP.

There wasn't any time for wack jobs in our unit - we had GI targets to make, right fucking now!

Jump

Operating teatime
Wade through Fishman's lonesome squirrel.

Pay attention to the "pilot" programs he mentions.

:)

Fishman also has some detail on non-consecutive past lives in the YouTube series of 'Fishman affidavit'. Interesting if you want to see what 76 gazillion years of non-consecutive crazy can do.

FoTi

Crusader

and...

How do you know if you are getting it right or not?

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, if you listen to the History of Man tapes Hubs explained that you could operate more than one body at a time. I honestly tried to make the whole thing fit that I was an auditor at St. Hill and somebody who was quite famous at the time.

One of my most vivid memories is wanting to beat the living hell out of my auditor because I kept recalling that I was person, and I knew people had some fetish for being someone famous at some time. The one thing that made me think Scio might be real was I used to remember being just some normal scum as often as I remembered being somebody rich and cool... remembering that I was supposedly this celeb was seriously the beginning of the end.....

ETA: all you who think Scio is that great are completely invited to try to convince me that the recall was correct and I was that celeb.... probably going to think you are an idiot, but you are completely welcomed to try...or you could play the "dub-in" card that was always pulled out when stuff didn't go quite to plan.

Think about those big questions:

Like, if you sort of squint your eyes and look at the wallpaper, when it's a bit dark, but still light enough to see the wallpaper pattern, but not really clearly make it out, and you haven't turned on the lamp yet, it sorta looks like weird animals and stuff. It's rilly kool. :)

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
ETA: all you who think Scio is that great are completely invited to try to convince me that the recall was correct and I was that celeb.... probably going to think you are an idiot, but you are completely welcomed to try...or you could play the "dub-in" card that was always pulled out when stuff didn't go quite to plan.

One does get something from the upper levels: better excuses.

Have you ever heard that, in a glass of water, there are almost certainly some molecules that passed through the body of Julius Caesar? It's kind of like that. You're supposed to have a bezillion space cooties, and likely to mistake their memories for your own. Space cooties might wander from time to time, and decaying thetans can become new space cooties. Thus, by the time you've spent hundreds of hours auditing your cooties, you can go on to OT VIII and sort out your own memories from those of all your minions.

When I was in, I don't think there was one time that I ran being a celeb, unless you count things over 100M years ago in some other galaxy, and damn few of those. I endlessly ran being some schmoe. This seemed perfectly reasonable to me; though I knew people who'd run being Beethoven, Jesus, a Salem witch, etc., that sort of thing always impressed me as highly improbable.

Of course, if one subscribes to the bezillion space cootie theory, then they all could have been right, and I could have been the one who was weird. Maybe space cooties get around like chlamydia at a party school, so EVERYBODY should be running being Jesus, just like we all drink Caesar's recycled pee.

That is a much more entertaining answer than dub-in, don't you agree? And it's even self-consistent.