What's new

Are SP declares still happening or not? A/o Know?

byte301

Crusader
I'd post my Comm Ev findings and reccomendations, but they really filled that thing up with lies and distortions that sought to take me out of public favor.

Martini, I think they do that to most people they declare. They just throw anything and everything they can think of at a goldenrod and hope it sticks.

They do this with comm ev's too.

Martini

Patron Meritorious
If they published lies about you that damaged your reputation, don't you have a case for suing?

Axiom142

I dunno. The clever trick they pulled was using half-truths and alterations of the facts.

Believe it or not, of all the lies about my conduct and tech application, the one that bugged me the most was the lie that I had fed the Clear cognition to a pc. That was a cardinal sin while still in. It was a complete lie and I still think about it. It was the ultimate indication to me of how far south the church had gone - they showed their true colors on that day, more than any other experience did. It made my decision to stay away for good a simple one.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Suing them on that issue is pointless. Every one of them (SO members) would lie on the stand and they keep all th documents. There's no way to prove anything.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Suing them on that issue is pointless. Every one of them (SO members) would lie on the stand and they keep all th documents. There's no way to prove anything.

I don't agree IKTM. Suing would be expensive but not pointless.

If you had an official CoS document that spread lies of a defamatory nature about you, you would surely have grounds for suing for libel. You would merely have to prove that the material harmed your reputation.The perpetrators would have to prove that it was factual.

If the CoS called staff members to testify that they hadn't published that material when they had, this would be perjury - punishable by prison. How many would be willing to face that? Perhaps many would, but it would only take one to crack and the defence would fall apart.

But, if we assume that all Scientologists called to testify would be prepared to lie under oath, this would create a massive liability for the CoS. If just one of those staff members subsequently left and changed their minds (which is rather likely now), their testimony could cause major embarrassment to the CoS as well as resulting in actual financial loss and possibly jail-time for the instigators of that false testimony in the trial. This could go all the way to the top.

And even if we assume that the CoS could get away with it, what would be the effect on any public who had seen the original document and then see their ‘church’ lie in court about it?

The real problem would be actually getting such a case to court. The CoS are prepared to spend vast sums of money to keep such cases out of court by using high-powered lawyers and delaying tactics in the hope that litigants run out of patience or money.

Axiom142

slimjim

Patron with Honors
thanks for the feedback everybody. And that's good to know about the lies on the "goldenrods" comm ev or declares. I suspected as much. I remember once getting a ride somewhere with an OT friend. We were talking about stuff and he said that he noticed it was usually the really nice people that got declared! I remember thinking he was right and that I'd had that same thought myself on several occasions. I feel sorry for my friend. I know they're about to get "fleeced" really bad and not much I can do about it. They'd been offlines for a little while and somehow some (sn)OT fsm smelled money to be made and there goes my friend. I just try to send good vibes to my friend now. I'm actually looking forward to the day when I no longer look on the boards for news on the cult, because it's just a non-issue, they're gone and everyone is safe.

Oh, and I too used to sneak to the board in ethics to read the declares!

I think SP stands for Superb Person :yes:

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
I'd post my Comm Ev findings and reccomendations, but they really filled that thing up with lies and distortions that sought to take me out of public favor.

Yep! Bunch of lies and distortions for me too. And I liked too to read SP declares / Ethics orders (Silently sympathizing with the offenders :D , the free beings).

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
If it is not written..,

thanks for the feedback everybody. And that's good to know about the lies on the "goldenrods" comm Ev or declares. I suspected as much. ... ..... They'd been offlines for a little while and somehow some (sn)OT FMs smelled money to be made and there goes my friend. I just try to send good vibes to my friend now. I'm actually looking forward to the day when I no longer look on the boards for news on the cult, because it's just a non-issue, they're gone and everyone is safe.

Oh, and I too used to sneak to the board in ethics to read the declares!
QUOTE]

My own declare was half truth, distortion of the truth with one or 2 distortions that were almost lies. I had to read it many times to figure out what parts of my Sec Check and O/W write ups they were taking these things from. The slant of the writing will be such that Scientology is pure as snow in issuing this public notice.

LRH made the rule that if it is not written, it is not true.
The thing I do not remember him saying was that you could not put lies or half truths into writing. That is what I see most often. The lies, half truths, and LIES of omission
are put into writing. And people think because it is written, it is true.

Anyone have the reference some where please?
Or as an alternate, repeat what you recall/remember so that I can recall also.
:confused2:

Quick Question

I dunno. The clever trick they pulled was using half-truths and alterations of the facts.

Believe it or not, of all the lies about my conduct and tech application, the one that bugged me the most was the lie that I had fed the Clear cognition to a pc. That was a cardinal sin while still in. It was a complete lie and I still think about it. It was the ultimate indication to me of how far south the church had gone - they showed their true colors on that day, more than any other experience did. It made my decision to stay away for good a simple one.

I'm curious -- is the Clear Cognition something the CoS has managed to keep a lid on in real life (at least insofar as keeping PC's from hearing about it), or is it something the average PC would find out through gossip?

I'm just thinking it might be fun to have a few signs at protests with:

"SPOILER ALERT: The Clear Cognition is..."

Pascal

I'm curious -- is the Clear Cognition something the CoS has managed to keep a lid on in real life (at least insofar as keeping PC's from hearing about it), or is it something the average PC would find out through gossip?

I'm just thinking it might be fun to have a few signs at protests with:

"SPOILER ALERT: The Clear Cognition is..."

Clear Cognition is DM is an asshole!

:dieslaughing:

wpc

A random question...

My partner was declared open minded, and we were informed he would no longer be called or get mail from the org (very sad!!!).....so does that mean there are different types/categories of declare?

Pascal

My partner was declared open minded, and we were informed he would no longer be called or get mail from the org (very sad!!!).....so does that mean there are different types/categories of declare?

Yes. They have a bunch of declares to get rid of people they can't handle. SP is just one of them. Justice has left the building in CoS, or was never there in the first place.

HCObringOrder?

From your description, that is a "dead file".
Nothing seems to be the result of any communication so the dead file is declared. This is not a "declare of Suppressive Person" that this thread was about. Two very different things. The dead file is not a permanent thing as there is a time when some one needing to make amends for some infraction or lower condition will be given some dead files to write letters to. The concept following is that people can change and sometimes you can get some income from a "dilettante" or open minded person.

The Suppressive Person Declare is the one where the person who is declared is not supposed to communicate with anyone outside of the Ethics office, International Justice Chief, (any other more recent titles), and the "terminal" assigned to them in the Declaration document. Also, the SP does not have the rights of a human being. The SP can be lied to, injured, mistreated or what ever without that action being a crime in Scientology. So, the Declare document itself is the first lie (IMHO).

Does this answer you?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Being Declared Open Minded is a PTS Type (Potential trouble Source). It comes from an LRH reference called "Policies on Physical Healing, Insanity...." (I think the title is longer, but I am rusty!

They usually state on them what one would need to do to resolve it, if one wanted to.

Div6

Crusader
Being Declared Open Minded is a PTS Type (Potential trouble Source). It comes from an LRH reference called "Policies on Physical Healing, Insanity...." (I think the title is longer, but I am rusty!

They usually state on them what one would need to do to resolve it, if one wanted to.

HCO POLICY LETTER OF 27 OCTOBER 1964

POLICIES ON PHYSICAL HEALING, INSANITY
AND “TROUBLESOME SOURCES”
It has been the long standing policy of Central Organizations to handle physical illness and insanity in the following manner.
HEALING
Any process labelled “healing”, old or new refers to healing by mental and spiritual means and should therefore be looked upon as the relief of difficulties arising from mental and spiritual causes.
The proper procedure in being requested to heal some complained of physical disability is as follows:
1. Require a physical examination from whatever practitioners of the physical healing arts may be competent and available;
2. Clearly establish that the disability does not stem from immediately physical causes;
3. If the disability is pronounced to be curable within the skill of the physical practitioner and is in actual fact a disease or illness which surrenders to contemporary physical treatment, to require the person to be so treated before Scientology processing may be undertaken;
4. If, however, the physical practitioner’s recommendation includes surgery or treatment of an unproven nature or the illness or disease cannot be accurately diagnosed as a specific physical illness or disease with a known cure, the person may be accepted for processing on the reasonable assumption that no purely physical illness is proven to exist, and that it is
probably mental or spiritual in origin.

(h) Persons who “have an open mind” but no personal hopes or – desires for auditing or knowingness should be ignored, as they really don’t have an open mind at all, but a lack of ability to decide about things and are seldom found to be very responsible and waste anyone’s efforts “to convince them”.

HCObringOrder?

Thank you for the Ref Div 6.

I is amazing what snippets of LRH have been turned into a declare of some type.

RogerB

Crusader
Too Funny!

You lot are just too funny. I near died laughing reading this thread:clap:

At first I thought: WOT? The COS abandoning its standard tech of declaring bad everything that is decent? Then I realized they were actually continuing their SOP of inventing lies to do so:angry:

Here's one for you.

When I was going through my Comm Ev horror story in 1983-5, eventually, I got it to a last Court of Appeal at FOLO EUS. In order to prepare my case, I insisted, per policy, to get a copy of my entire ethics folder.

And here's the twist--funny but sad---the Eth Officer who provided me the copy got declared for giving it to me!

Errr, ummm, this presumably because what my file contained was so much falsehood and knowing lies and deliberate orders from higher up to scalp me -- note the order was to find me guilty, my earlier comm ev committee was ordered to reverse its findings etc, etc, -- that the "powers" realized just how much providing me with that incriminating evidence against them placed the church at risk.

Rog

Div6

Crusader

You lot are just too funny. I near died laughing reading this thread:clap:

At first I thought: WOT? The COS abandoning its standard tech of declaring bad everything that is decent? Then I realized they were actually continuing their SOP of inventing lies to do so:angry:

Here's one for you.

When I was going through my Comm Ev horror story in 1983-5, eventually, I got it to a last Court of Appeal at FOLO EUS. In order to prepare my case, I insisted, per policy, to get a copy of my entire ethics folder.

And here's the twist--funny but sad---the Eth Officer who provided me the copy got declared for giving it to me!

Errr, ummm, this presumably because what my file contained was so much falsehood and knowing lies and deliberate orders from higher up to scalp me -- note the order was to find me guilty, my earlier comm ev committee was ordered to reverse its findings etc, etc, -- that the "powers" realized just how much providing me with that incriminating evidence against them placed the church at risk.

Rog

I hope you still have it. Redact a few names and it would be great to scan and post. Nothing like showing who the kagaroos are in kangaroo courts (apologies to the Aussies...)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
CofS is very fond of labels. Here are some (where something actually gets issued/affixed to the person officially or in some cases kinda unofficially but still exists) that I can recall:

Suppressive Person
PTSIII
Biochemical Personality
Illegal PC
DB
Tiger
And what Bea mentions, too
Other types of PTSness
Deadfiled
Do Not Contact Order issued
Blown/Disaffected