What's new

Are SP declares still happening or not? A/o Know?

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Another justification.

Listen Pascal.

I realize that not everyone has had the experience in Scientology that I have had. The sum total of some people's experiences with and in Scn turned out to be, overall, beneficial to them.

They will tend to accentuate the positive in LRH's motives. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Except.

I think that you are intentionally remaining ignorant of critical thinking skills and the points that people are making that run counter to your own beliefs.

I actually think that you are intentionally looking away from the points that people are making and not studying their ideas for yourself and coming up with your own answers about them.

This is a dangerous practice for anyone, not just a Scientologist.

It's also what pussies and losers do: They never truly seek to confront and understand the points that argue against their own beliefs, and so they never truly test whether what they believe is actually true.

They are cowards and they are weak.

Don't be one of them. Seek to truly understand the points that people make who argue with you. Show that you have the cajones to listen, and to look. And then come right back with an even better argument against them - an argument based on a thorough understanding of where they are actually wrong.

That's what real men do.

Noone has to agree with me, nor I with anyone else. Why is that a problem with you?

You wanna satanize Hubbard, go ahead. I prefer to appreciate him for what he was and what he wasn't.

He laid the groundwork for others to be much greater than he was.

The future is ours.

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-3282902859894544044&hl=en-AU

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Noone has to agree with me, nor I with anyone else. Why is that a problem with you?

See, this is an example of what I mean: You did not get my point. You ran away from it like a little girly-man.

My point was that by confronting and understanding the arguments that people use against you, you can more easily defeat them.

I'm not talking about everyone agreeing, nor am I talking about some theetie-wheetie "live and let live" universe where fags walk around freely with their dicks hanging out.

No. I'm talking about slaughtering your opponents. I am laying out the strategy that results in a take no prisoners nuclear winter for anyone who even thinks about fucking with you.

I am talking about striking an effective blow.

I am talking about intellectual judo.

You take your opponents' arguments and use them against them. And the only way to do that is by understanding your enemy's arguments better than they do.

So far, you have not shown me that you understand your opponents' arguments.

How do ever expect to win the respect you deserve that way?

Pascal

Step by step, gonna get to you girrrrl.

See, this is an example of what I mean: You did not get my point. You ran away from it like a little girly-man.

My point was that by confronting and understanding the arguments that people use against you, you can more easily defeat them.

I'm not talking about everyone agreeing, nor am I talking about some theetie-wheetie "live and let live" universe where fags walk around freely with their dicks hanging out.

No. I'm talking about slaughtering your opponents. I am laying out the strategy that results in a take no prisoners nuclear winter for anyone who even thinks about fucking with you.

I am talking about striking an effective blow.

I am talking about intellectual judo.

You take your opponents' arguments and use them against them. And the only way to do that is by understanding your enemy's arguments better than they do.

So far, you have not shown me that you understand your opponents' arguments.

How do ever expect to win the respect you deserve that way?

I get your point Alanzo. But I'm just getting started learning philosophy and the academic education I need to "enlighten" my enemies as you put it. I'm planning to go to university when I can afford it too, to practice my claws on the intelectuals there. For now I take the battles I can win, and shun the others. Sorry if I put on a poor show for the moment. This universe loves a gradient. :coolwink:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I get your point Alanzo. But I'm just getting started learning philosophy and the academic education I need to "enlighten" my enemies as you put it. I'm planning to go to university when I can afford it too, to practice my claws on the intelectuals there. For now I take the battles I can win, and shun the others. Sorry if I put on a poor show for the moment. This universe loves a gradient. :coolwink:

You don't need to go to all the trouble of a university degree to up your game.

Just apply the TRs to ideas that you disagree with.

This is much easier said than done. As I say, it takes courage and only real men with huge balls can effectively do it.

An approach is to be there comfortably and perceive the points you disagree with. Really get what the other person is saying and see things from that perspective. If they cite some kind of support for their argument, go read it. See if the support is actually factual, or some kind of bullshit.

Then, once you really understand what they are saying, and understand the support they use for their arguments, work out what's right about what they are saying, and what's wrong with what they are saying.

Then devise something killer that eviscerates your opponent's argument from understanding it better than they do, and run them through with it.

Your balls will be bulging with man-juice then.

And all the women will be yours to have your way with and then toss aside like used Kleenexes.

Pascal

You don't need to go to all the trouble of a university degree to up your game.

Just apply the TRs to ideas that you disagree with.

This is much easier said than done. As I say, it takes courage and only real men with huge balls can effectively do it.

An approach is to be there comfortably and perceive the points you disagree with. Really get what the other person is saying and see things from that perspective. If they cite some kind of support for their argument, go read it. See if the support is actually factual, or some kind of bullshit.

Then, once you really understand what they are saying, and understand the support they use for their arguments, work out what's right about what they are saying, and what's wrong with what they are saying.

Then devise something killer that eviscerates your opponent's argument from understanding it better than they do, and run them through with it.

Your balls will be bulging with man-juice then.

And all the women will be yours to have your way with and then toss aside like used Kleenexes.

Thanks for the advice. Still I needs a "primary RD" in nerd-babble to properly shine light on idiocy.

It's an work in-progress. But I'm on it don't worry. :coolwink: