ARE WE SPIRITUAL

lexmark

Patron with Honors
Some thinkers see the context of the emerging new worldview in what is termed “the Second Copernican Revolution.” The major paradigm shift in this revolution is seen in the belief that consciousness is the Primary Source of Everything. The physical universe, being only one of infinite frameworks of consciousness, consists of a vast array of differing orders of consciousness, with human consciousness being one unique kind. The Primary Source is a divine source or ground of being from which everything constantly emerges. These ideas reflect the planetary and species-wide shift in consciousness that continues presently.

Researcher Duane Elgin reflects that,

“The shift to a new paradigm also brings a change in our sense of evolutionary purpose. We are shifting from seeing our journey as a secular adventure in a fragmented and lifeless cosmos without apparent meaning or purpose to seeing it as a sacred journey through a living and unified cosmos whose purpose is to serve as a learning system. Our primary purpose is to embrace and learn from both the pleasure and the pain of the world. If there were no freedom to make mistakes, there would be no pain. If there were no freedom for authentic discovery, there would be no ecstasy. In freedom, we can discover our deeper identity and purpose within a living cosmos.” – Our Living Universe

The emerging new worldview thus incorporates a multidimensional view of the psyche which exists in non-physical domains that are freely accessible through altered or non-ordinary states of consciousness. We are biologically equipped to experience more than our five physical senses, through a set of inner senses that have, to date, been the purview of the mystics, sages, and seers of the esoteric traditions. This includes the use of direct subjective experience incorporating the use of deep intuitions and emotions, hand in hand, with the intellect and reason.

In this worldview we each survive death. While this is an ancient idea, the body is, however, understood to be a sacred temple in which we each live during our physical lives. Its appetites are to be respected and nurtured, not renounced as flawed, sinful, or obstacles to fulfilling our spiritual nature. There is no need to search for some type of spirituality that is “out there” to be obtained in a quest or Hero’s Journey. There are no higher levels to attain where we finally become spiritual. We are each born into the world as blessed creatures and are spiritual beings by default.

Life is seen as a complex psychological process of temporal experiences that lead to value fulfillment—a foundational principle in which all forms of consciousness work together in a cooperative venture designed to nurture the maximum development of each individual consciousness in relation to the web of life. In other words, individual growth, happiness, and abundance are innately nurtured by a “conscious” universe, though not at the expense of other life forms, but, in full cooperation toward the maximum benefit of one and all.

Death is not to be feared as the annihilation of the self we know but as a transition to yet another state of being. It is not a dis-ease that requires a cure but a natural, spiritual process to be accepted and embraced. Time and space are not absolute qualities but instead are relative to the physical domain, to be used for our own personal purposes as long as we choose to live. So we all have the ability to create our own lives and the responsibility that comes with it.

When we shift our thinking toward living safely in a conscious universe, designed by nature to nurture us, there is a type of natural ethics intuitively discerned that promotes not only our individual well being, but also the well being of the whole. The natural process of value fulfillment makes it possible to know the best solution to any challenge we manifest for ourselves. But it takes time and effort, particularly since we are in the midst of the transition from the old to the new on a planetary scale unprecedented in human history. And what worked yesterday may not be suitable to the new and changing circumstances of today or tomorrow. So we need to be flexible, vigilant, and open-minded to the constantly changing context of our cultural value systems that are parochial and regional, not absolutes mediated by the purveyors of The Path or The Way.

Last but not least, the term “New Age” does not accurately describe the emerging new worldview. That’s simply because the majority of New Age values reflect the same old dogmatic religious belief systems spun into enticing new clothes. In other words, they are still dealing with inadequate models of the psyche and universe that squeeze interpretations of various paranormal phenomena into superstitious molds that oftentimes perpetuate our ignorance and fear of the unknown. It would seem that the intellect gets abandoned more often than not in most New Age thinking, though there are many gems to be mined if you look hard enough. And learning the art of discernment is critical to mining these gems, separating the wheat from the chaff.

Nurturing the balance of the intuitions and intellect in any activity, mundane or cosmic, brings a wider aperture and understanding. It is only through an equilibrium of subjective and objective perception that the so-called paranormal will ever be legitimized and understood as normal. It would seem that the emerging new worldview is intent upon making the unknown known and the unreal real by incorporating the best practices of scientific and religious legacy belief systems. And there is no need to throw out the baby with the bath water! It is time for the baby to grow up and mature to its next stage of development.

Rather than ending here, let’s just say that this is only the beginning! There is much ground to cover in the continued explorations through our Conferences, Author Seminar Tours, and website (www.newworldview.com).

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I don't think that everything that exists is created by consciousness. I don't think that my contribution is required for there to be a universe. Rather, I believe that there is a universe, or a cosmos, or whatever superstructure actually exists, and that different parts of that structure are becoming conscious. I am one. I'm an aspect of reality, becoming aware of itself. I like to think that as us Earthlings start to wake up, and connect, we act as something like macro-scale neurons in a planetary brain, and that this brain/network may collectively have an intelligence of its own. Hopefully enough to offset the stupidities of small groups of us or individuals who seem bent on self-destruction, or opposition instead of cooperation. It'll all work out in the end, even if huge sections of us die off or are locked in combat with each other.

Am I spiritual? I think the question is loaded, and I think the continuous push on "the new worldview" sounds like a sales pitch.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
WTF is this? The OP is a LONG cut and paste from the link provided, with no personal comment at all. You keep doing this, Lexmark.

From the ESMB board rules:
6. Link to long pieces of text where possible.
Instead of copying and pasting long pieces of text, snip the bit you want and link to the rest. Experience shows that the longer your post is the less likely it will be read anyway. Of course if your post (your own words) is quite long because you are telling your personal story, that is different. Personal stories will be always be read no matter how long they are because people are interested.
I'll have to get Sneaks to go round and pummel you. :)

Paul

lexmark

Patron with Honors
WTF is this? The OP is a LONG cut and paste from the link provided, with no personal comment at all. You keep doing this, Lexmark.

From the ESMB board rules:
6. Link to long pieces of text where possible.
Instead of copying and pasting long pieces of text, snip the bit you want and link to the rest. Experience shows that the longer your post is the less likely it will be read anyway. Of course if your post (your own words) is quite long because you are telling your personal story, that is different. Personal stories will be always be read no matter how long they are because people are interested.
I'll have to get Sneaks to go round and pummel you. :)

Paul

You ask why I do this, Here's my reason.

Scientology with its technology is obsolete. It was about spirituality.

There is so much more today in the field of spirituality. I spent 22 years in Scientology and worked on the ship with Hubbard and I have moved on. I thought there might be some interest in the latest findings on the subject of spirituality. Most of what I post is from the latest scientific findings anyway.

Scientology is just becoming so boring.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You ask why I do this, Here's my reason.

Scientology with its technology is obsolete. It was about spirituality.

There is so much more today in the field of spirituality. I spent 22 years in Scientology and worked on the ship with Hubbard and I have moved on. I thought there might be some interest in the latest findings on the subject of spirituality. Most of what I post is from the latest scientific findings anyway.

Scientology is just becoming so boring.

Yeah, but. . . .

I see nothing whatsoever wrong with your reasoning above, although I don't agree totally with it. But read those board rules again. What do *you* find interesting in that article you posted? If you're not even up to making a comment, give the link and a short quote and leave it at that, preferably making it clear that it is a quote right at the start. With no intro, one tends to assume the user is expressing his own comments.

Paul