What's new

Are you someone who is *not* intent on doing a submission for the inquiry?

Carmel

Crusader
I have heard from some that they weren't planning on doing a submission for the Oz inquiry, as they had nothing to offer, or because they thought others would do a better job. This baffles me!

Anybody who has ever voiced their disagreement and/or pain about the abuse at the hands of the CofS, DOES have something to offer, and it's something we *need* if we want this thing to go further, and if we want it to have an effect worldwide.

Most of us here are aware that the Church has two faces...one for the public at large and one for its own. Most of us here have some knowledge of why the CofS wouldn't stand up to a public benefits test and/or would not deserve tax exempt status, based on our immediate experience/s.

Realise that just about every Scientologist worldwide will be doing a submission for the inquiry and spouting off about how the CofS benefits and contributes to society with it's work in the field of drug rehabilitation, education, volunteer minister work etc. They won't be mentioning the culture within the CofS which not only permits but requires it's staff and members to put the Church first, and do so at whatever cost to its members and to society at large. There'll be no mention of the slave labour or financial duress that line the private coffers of those at the top of the ladder, no mention of the numerous negatives which we are all too familiar with, and no mention of those things like fair game or disconnection which the CofS uses to protect itself and/or hide from the authorities.

I don't know of any ex who wouldn't have something to offer in a submission for this inquiry......One of the points it simply comes down to is "Does the Church of Scientology deserve tax free status?" If not, then why not?

A submission doesn't have to be long......You can make one or as many points as you see fit. You aren't being asked for your life "story", and if you request it then your submission will be kept *confidential*.

Here's a thread on how to write the submission:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=18185

A MUST READ, info on what must be included, and how to submit if outside of Australia :
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/318-...8-closing-date-submissions-66869/#post1249611

Other info:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=18118

If by chance this thing goes belly up coz exes *didn't* do submissions, then we would only have ourselves to blame. The Govt will act as it will, but if it gets a flood of the rosy picture that *all* the scios will paint, and only a smidgeon of the true picture from only a handful of the many who know it, then the future action or inaction from the Govt wouldn't be in our favour and/or could only be expected - Speak now or forever hold your peace.

If you agree with the value of getting a submission done for this inquiry, then can you please do one and encourage your friends and contacts to do the same? (soon though, as they won't be accepted after June 18th)

Last edited:

greebly

Patron with Honors
I hope you had a chance to read my PM Carmel.
I also sent one to Emma and Gottabrain.

Let me know when you get some data for it or others to contact.

awaiting replies.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
I have heard from some that they weren't planning on doing a submission for the Oz inquiry, as they had nothing to offer, or because they thought others would do a better job. This baffles me!

Anybody who has ever voiced their disagreement and/or pain about the abuse at the hands of the CofS, DOES have something to offer, and it's something we *need* if we want this thing to go further, and if we want it to have an effect worldwide.

Yes, this is silly... and really you don't even need to be very familiar with Scientology (or mention it at all).

If your submission is as simple as "I'm an Australian tax payer and I support the public benefit test. Churches and charities should be scrutinised and held to account" , well thats all it needs to be. A popularity content won't win the inquiry, but it will certainly help and give the senators a gauge of the public's opinion on this.

If you wish to write more then certainly do so. Draw from your experiences if you have any, but be sure to make it relevant to the topic of the benefits test.

Remember, its an inquiry into introducing the public benefit test, not an examination of Scientology (yet...), though of course you may use Scientology as an example of why the test is needed.

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
I hope you had a chance to read my PM Carmel.
I also sent one to Emma and Gottabrain.

Let me know when you get some data for it or others to contact.

awaiting replies.
Your pm has been forwarded to others who may be able to help, greebly, and I'm leaving it with them to get back to you.

(btw, I'm not a secretary on demand, in fact, I need one :coolwink: )

Carmel

Crusader
I will be wanting to contribute, although I am not Australian.
That's great, Will. Your submission will have no less cred coz you're not an Australian....in fact, in some ways it may have more - It's good for the Oz Govt to know that the world is watching, that the *real* dough that the CofS makes from Australians doesn't stay in this country, and that as Xen has said, we are looking at a worldwide pattern of abuse.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Your submission will have no less cred coz you're not an Australian....in fact, in some ways it may have more .

If we're not Australian (this lifetime :coolwink: ) is there a way we can do our submission online? Or do we have to mail it in?

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had mine all ready to go. I had written a short letter thanking them for the inquiry and why I supported such tax laws. I hadn't even mentioned Scientology, I just phrased it as "harmful practices in the name of religion."

I saw that I discovered that I was unable to use the website, so I went to ESMB to get the email address and the name of the bill for my "re line," and saw all hell broke loose! There were all these questions about what to talk about in the submission, and Emma was going to "work on it." I waited a couple of days and saw Emma's threads. I saw that we were supposed to mention Scientology, so, I added a paragraph saying that the harmful practice I was talking about was Scientology, and a sentence or two about my experience with it. I wanted to keep it brief.

Is that ok? I was hoping for further clarification, or a possible sample submission. :) But I guess this is all I'm going to get, so I'll email mine in now. :D

RogerB

Crusader
Type 4 . . . yes you can very easily send you submission to them on line. You do so via their site via the links provided in our various threads here. And you can do so totally anonymously if you choose.

This game will be won by numbers!

If the Senate gets a preponderance of folks bleating that there is no need for this legislation . . . well guess what? The lesser number community loses.

So it is vitally important every one makes their "vote" count and gives some reason/rationale for the need of this legislation . . . even if only to cite the facts of its fraud convictions overseas and the felonies for which its most senior executives were convicted in the US . . . . if you object to such organizations ripping off the system via tax exemption . . . SAY SO.

But you exes have also had personal experience that shows this cult affords no benefits either to its members or the society at large, and worse does harm . . . SAY SO.

Hell, I even cited the "Melbourne Inquiry"!

RogerB

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
I got to a page asking me to choose an inquiry

https://senate.aph.gov.au/submissions/pages/MakeSubmission.aspx

Uploading a submission for a Senate Committee Inquiry

1. Inquiry: Please choose the inquiry that you would like to make a submission to by checking the box beside the inquiry and selecting the NEXT button.

If you require further information about an inquiry please refer to the Current Inquires list.

Access of Small Business to Finance
Adequacy of aviation and maritime security measures to combat serious and organised crime
Administration and reporting of NAPLAN testing
An equity and diversity health check in the Royal Australian Navy—HMAS Success
Australia Post's treatment of injured and ill workers
Bushfires in Australia
COAG Reforms Relating to Health and Hospitals
Criminal Code Amendment (Misrepresentation of Age to a Minor) Bill 2010
Defence Amendment (Parliamentary Approval of Overseas Service) Bill 2008 [No. 2]
Effectiveness of Airservices Australia’s management of aircraft noise
Energy Efficient Homes Package
Exposure Draft and Paid Parental Leave Bill 2010
Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Child Care Budget Measures) Bill 2010
Food Standards Australia New Zealand Amendment Bill 2010
Green Loans Program
Keeping Jobs from Going Offshore (Protection of Personal Information Bill 2009
Liquidators and Administrators
Matters relating to the Torres Strait region
Migration Amendment (Visa Capping) Bill 2010
National Security Legislation Amendment Bill 2010 and Parliamentary Joint Committee on Law Enforcement Bill 2010
Operation of the Law Enforcement Integrity Commissioner Act 2006
Primary Schools for the Twenty First Century
Renewable Energy (Electricity) Amendment Bill 2010 [Provisions]; Renewable Energy (Electricity) (Charge) Amendment Bill 2010[Provisions]; Renewable Energy (Electricity) (Small-scale Technology Shortfall Charge) Bill 2010 [Provisions]
Responsible Takeaway Alcohol Hours Bill 2010
Review of Government Compensation Payments
Tax Laws Amendment (Public Benefit Test) Bill 2010
Tax Laws Amendment (Research and Development) Bill 2010 and Income Tax Rates Amendment (Research and Development) Bill 2010
Water (Crisis Powers and Floodwater Diversion) Bill 2010
Water Licences and Rights
Wild Rivers (Environmental Management) Bill 2010 [No.2]

Can someone advise me? If not, I'm going to choose:
Tax Laws Amendment (Public Benefit Test) Bill 2010

FinallyMe

My experiences and comments would be VERY dated - 1976 and 1977 -- wouldn't that be too old to be applicable?

Doom

Lurking.
My experiences and comments would be VERY dated - 1976 and 1977 -- wouldn't that be too old to be applicable?

Absolutely not if, anything it shows that there is a history of abuse that is still alive today, unashamedly in defiance of the law.

Carmel

Crusader

Absolutely not if, anything it shows that there is a history of abuse that is still alive today, unashamedly in defiance of the law.
True Doom, but it needs to be tied in with the terms of reference.

See link I've drawn attention to in the op.

nw2394

Type 4 . . . yes you can very easily send you submission to them on line.

No you flaming can't. I just tried - you have to register - and you have to provide an address - including a mandatory Oz state - which of course anyone not in Oz doesn't have.

Nick

RogerB

Crusader
No you flaming can't. I just tried - you have to register - and you have to provide an address - including a mandatory Oz state - which of course anyone not in Oz doesn't have.

Nick

Yes you can . . . I did so, and simply filled in my NYC address . . . even though the system thought it knew best and limited things to a 4 digit zip code instead of the 5 we have here . . . the only thing about the State is it defaulted to NSW instead of NY . . . . but the submission went through and I received a a confirmation in response.

Alternatively you can email your submission. YOu do not have to snail mail it.

Rog