Are You Still 'In' And Lurking Here?

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
If you are please ask yourself if what you've seen at other places around the net is "really" the activity of people paid off by psychiatrists. Please think about whether or not every "ex" really is "really" someone the Church truly needed to get rid of to advance itself. Think about it. There are ex-Scientologists right here on this forum who are very sad to admit that the "fun" left the Church and they wish it hadn't. Some still pursue the tech and remain defenders of its intention and its purposes.

When someone from the outside questions your beliefs, why is it that an attempt to discuss the questions rationally rarely ever happens? Why do fewer and fewer people inside the Church ever seem willing to back up their argument with rational discourse? Is saying "we are not a turn-the-other-cheek religion" really the most effective way to answer critics? And have you ever asked why, exactly, it is necessary for a Church to sue people who are critical of their beliefs?

Do you think religions that have survived for thousands of years got that way because they litigated over the beliefs of their group relative to the disagreements of those outside? Did Buddha ever hire a Private Investigator to go after people who weren't buying his take on things?

Is it really necessary to tell a person they have to believe everything as 100% infallible in order to be allowed to call themselves a Scientologist? Wouldn't it be better to have open doors that had people come and go determined by the things going on in their lives at the moment, to be amenable to the feelings and concerns of others before demanding total obedience?

Have you ever felt the idea of pseudo-naval uniforms was a little weird for a Church?

Haven't you ever seen a Clear or an OT with a head cold, an allergy, a rash, or a persistent medical condition that really actually never seems to totally go away?

If you are on staff, have you ever wondered why, no matter what you do, any time you ask about the pay you are told that is something completely your responsibility - yet the idea that the Church is incredibly wealthy never crosses your mind?

There may be other questions you've always wondered about, but didn't ask yourself because it put a long-standing decision you've made in a condition of danger or doubt. But is questioning the act of an enemy or someone looking to learn?

Are there any people nearby who are willing to tell you how bad their children or their parents are and how they never bother with them any more? Have you ever looked at a kid in the care of the Church, whose parents are busy working for the Church, who doesn't seem to have that spark or that native curiosity in their face?

Have you been looking at the way you appear in even your own Church-sponsored photos? Have you noticed how down, or sad, or even mean Scientologists look in comparison to other people? have you really looked at the faces and seen what you're looking at?

There is something going on that is very wrong. You may have felt it. You may have considered it and buried it. Why have commands from higher up crossed normal comm lines? Why are people who were in leadership positions so inactive? Where are the people who got you to join?

And where are the new people, younger people, joining fresh from the public? Why has that dried up? Why are there so many sec checks? Why does your org close down once a month?

What has your leadership, since the death of LRH, done to pull all this in? Do you really think it is a conspiracy of psychiatry and drug companies, whose businesses Scientology has actually done precious little to change after all this time?

Why has it taken you so long to Clear the planet? Are your "enemies" stronger? Too strong? Why isn't PTS/SP "shattering" their suppression? Why are there more and more voices rising against your position and your beliefs?

What's happening that you missed?

Please think about it. No pressure - just keep your eyes open. Find out for yourself.
-------------------------------------

(if there are any additions to this post I'm hoping they would be directed to the people it is written for)

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
I really like what you are asking in your post. I wish I would have seen it about five years ago. Of course, once I read the first sentence or two, I would have quickly turned my eyes away. Wouldn't want to get "infected with entheta".

I would have to say thee number one thing that never made any sense to me was cheering and clapping for LRH. Before and after he died. I always thought that it was some "OT thing" that some day I'd understand. Or it was just to remind people that LRH was source and this was just a simple gesture. At least that's how I'd try to rationalize it. I was always embarassed to do it or think of new people seeing us applauding a picture. :screwy:

Number two would be why oh why does each and every Org (and I assume mission) spend thousands of needed dollars on making the dead guy a well equipped office??? :confused2:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
I really like what you are asking in your post. I wish I would have seen it about five years ago. Of course, once I read the first sentence or two, I would have quickly turned my eyes away. Wouldn't want to get "infected with entheta".

Admittedly this message would require the reader be retaining some semblance of their personal intuitive powers.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I would have to say thee number one thing that never made any sense to me was cheering and clapping for LRH. Before and after he died. I always thought that it was some "OT thing" that some day I'd understand.

I always used to look on it as I was flowing appreciation to the being, rather than at a picture on a wall.

Paul

Wisened One

Crusader
GREAT post and some hard-hitting questions...ESPECIALLY these....

Have you ever felt the idea of pseudo-naval uniforms was a little weird for a Church?

Haven't you ever seen a Clear or an OT with a head cold, an allergy, a rash, or a persistent medical condition that really actually never seems to totally go away?

If you are on staff, have you ever wondered why, no matter what you do, any time you ask about the pay you are told that is something completely your responsibility - yet the idea that the Church is incredibly wealthy never crosses your mind?

:yes: :yes: :yes:

:clap: Go, Escalus! :thumbsup:

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is a tradition of militant orders amongst many religions. With the Catholics, there were dozens (if not hundreds) of orders of knights, considered warrior priests. They did wear different robes, and they also wore armor when the occasion merited. There are also the Shaolin, a monastic order of monks who are very highly trained in martial arts.

The fundamental nature of religion is to enforce a certain reality, if necessary sending in the troops to get it done, and using intelligence groups to root out dissent, and if necessary burn it at the stake.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
If you are still "in" and reading this, you are applying The Code of a Scientologist, which says that you will take responsibility for Scientology's impact upon the world.

Well, this whole board is composed of part of Scientology's impact upon the world, and by reading it and understanding the issues here, you are gaining knowledge, and with more knowledge, you are able to take even more responsibility in this area.

So, I say, well done on being here if you are still in.

You are applying the best of what it means to be a Scientologist.

And, welcome.

BBERRY

Patron
Late to the party

I know this was posted a while ago but you guys are so darn busy it takes me awhile to read everything! :coolwink:
Until I started reading this board I hadn't asked myself those questions. I was born and raised into this and it's something I have based my life on. You don't ask why, it is explained to you. Until I was not there everyday (not comfortable on how that came to be yet) I never even QUESTIONED the crazy statistics at every IAS event or how that NOTHING is ever backed up in writing. I know what I had to do to get my stats up Thursday before 2, who's to say that all stats planet wide aren't a bunch of BS? Not that everything I reported was BS, just you know padded here and there to get them UP. When our Org was stat pushed up to St Hill size and then I saw the event where I was on the inside looking out so to speak, I thought wow, everyone believes this without question and we have basically FORCED all the public in here under threat of declare to get the stats looking like this. Big shock when the mission left and all the stats crashed. (that's sarcasm)
I now have so many questions and so many things to confront on my own with my own viewpoints and MY OWN considerations to take into account.

Also on a side note, the first time I brought someone into the Org on the FSM flow I was FRIGHTENED, this was a huge outpoint to me which I dealt with by never getting another friend in again. Anyone else have this? When you are on staff and see the daily fuck ups and the dropped balls and the unhattedness etc. it just makes it that much harder to try and make someone stick. You have to practically BP out the entire cycle all the way to the course room and beyond before the person even steps foot in the door. How people walk in off the street is still amazing to me having never had "the cog" and just growing up accepting it.

Did any of this make sense? I start typing and it gets away from me because I have so much sppressed comm I guess

Pixie

Crusader
I know this was posted a while ago but you guys are so darn busy it takes me awhile to read everything! :coolwink:
Until I started reading this board I hadn't asked myself those questions. I was born and raised into this and it's something I have based my life on. You don't ask why, it is explained to you. Until I was not there everyday (not comfortable on how that came to be yet) I never even QUESTIONED the crazy statistics at every IAS event or how that NOTHING is ever backed up in writing. I know what I had to do to get my stats up Thursday before 2, who's to say that all stats planet wide aren't a bunch of BS? Not that everything I reported was BS, just you know padded here and there to get them UP. When our Org was stat pushed up to St Hill size and then I saw the event where I was on the inside looking out so to speak, I thought wow, everyone believes this without question and we have basically FORCED all the public in here under threat of declare to get the stats looking like this. Big shock when the mission left and all the stats crashed. (that's sarcasm)
I now have so many questions and so many things to confront on my own with my own viewpoints and MY OWN considerations to take into account.

Also on a side note, the first time I brought someone into the Org on the FSM flow I was FRIGHTENED, this was a huge outpoint to me which I dealt with by never getting another friend in again. Anyone else have this? When you are on staff and see the daily fuck ups and the dropped balls and the unhattedness etc. it just makes it that much harder to try and make someone stick. You have to practically BP out the entire cycle all the way to the course room and beyond before the person even steps foot in the door. How people walk in off the street is still amazing to me having never had "the cog" and just growing up accepting it.

Did any of this make sense? I start typing and it gets away from me because I have so much sppressed comm I guess

Welcome again BBerry! Yes, it did make sense, don't worry about the feelings of suppressed communication, you are welcome to post here anytime and it's very healthy to talk about your experiences especially when you know you're not going to be judged or made wrong and there won't be an 'examiner' waiting for you at the end of it, but we all will, and with much warmth and support. :yes:

BBERRY

Patron
Thanks guys
I would LOVE to just write out my entire life here but...... I'm not there yet. Thanks for being so welcoming though :)

Pixie

Crusader
Thanks guys
I would LOVE to just write out my entire life here but...... I'm not there yet. Thanks for being so welcoming though :)

Well you could start writing a book perhaps? But we look forward to hearing from you when you're ready.. :thumbsup:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks guys

I am so glad you are here BBERRY! Really glad.:)

Consider just writing your story, getting it out of your head, & popping it somewhere safe. No one has to read it but it will help straighten things out in your head. I have done this and it is hard work but healing. :yes:

ThisIsIt

Patron with Honors
:welcome2:

WELCOME BBberry! Take your time.

I have noticed no one is in a hurry here. No real deadline, I love it.

:wave:

ThisIsIt

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exactly, there's no Thursday 2 around here! :happydance: :happydance:

Indeed not! I would like to officially announce that Wednesday evenings & Thursday's (up to 2pm) are now lazy days.

If possible, do not get dressed. Slob around in your most comfy nightwear. If you own anything made of silk - wear it. Flows so nicely does silk.

Postpone all and any activities that can be put off until Thursday after 2pm. Relax, read, watch movies, potter gently in your garden - relax, breath, sing a little, play with your pets..

About 1.30pm on Thursday I highly recommend this:

Graciously (no rushing now) prepare your favourite beverage (mine being coffee). Elegantly place a yummy snack onto a pretty plate (you men might like to go for a "good solid plate" if pretty isn't your thing).

Take a book of no-consequence and place beside your most comfy chair. Coffee table books with lots of great photos are a personal fav of mine for this purpose. No rushing here. Gently does it.

When beverage ready, ease yourself into comfy chair (should be about 1.45pm if you're timing is good) & with pomp & ceremony, sip, nibble and browse through book. You may get up any time after 2pm but don't rush. :)

Zander

Patron with Honors

Hi BBery,

Yes I know exactly what you mean about bringing people in. I always thought, god, what if they get the same treatment that I get from the org: the prices, the regging, the pressure. :omg: Then I would think that whether or not they sign up they will think I'm a jerk and will never speak to me again!

But I believe there are now very few scilons bringing friends or family into the org and probably for those same reasons.

Zander