What's new

Arnie Lerma needs help down under - a trip to a library

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It's coming, just have to allow for the 5 day wait. They move slowly in the National Library, it helps keep the noise down. :)

RogerB

Crusader
Got to thinking these last couple of days while wandering around an investment conference . . . trying to both make more lolly and protect what I've got :yes::unsure:

Anyhow, this discovery by Arnie that the actual word Scientology was invented/created/and in use in the English language for over a hundred years and well before Hubbard and his minions "registered it as theirs" opens up the possibility of invalidating the registered trademark ownership obtained by the Cof$ :biggrin:

I haven't searched the basis of the Cof$'s claims when filing for ownership . . . . and at the moment I'm not sure whether they also claimed copyright on an "invented word" . . . . and this they might have done in the context of the times as it would not have been found in any dictionary.

But, copyright and patent law states that, any invention or design that has been in prior commercial or general use and not created/discovered by the person filing for the patent/copyright ownership, cannot be granted.

What a hoot if action were taken to prove fraud in the application for the TM/copyright and get it invalidated :yes:

Roger (always thinking out aloud) B.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
The document arrived today and I have sent the book in pdf form to Arnie via email...no doubt he will load it up on his site so it can be read...gotta love the NET.

Or if anyone's interested and you want a copy of your very own just PM me your email address and I will send one to you. Now that's service.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
. . .
What a hoot if action were taken to prove fraud in the application for the TM/copyright and get it invalidated :yes:

In 1933, Anastasius Nordenholz wrote a book called Scientologie, Wissenschaft von der Beschaffenheit und der Tauglichkeit des Wissens
Translation: Scientology, Science of the Constitution and Usefulness of Knowledge.

Prior art, beating LRH by seventeen years. That ought to torpedo any attempt to trademark or copyright 'Scientology' - and Ron accidentally lost the rights to 'Dianetics' early on in his reign. "Most important", "only way out of the trap"... my arse.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Got to thinking these last couple of days while wandering around an investment conference . . . trying to both make more lolly and protect what I've got :yes::unsure:

Anyhow, this discovery by Arnie that the actual word Scientology was invented/created/and in use in the English language for over a hundred years and well before Hubbard and his minions "registered it as theirs" opens up the possibility of invalidating the registered trademark ownership obtained by the Cof$ :biggrin:

I haven't searched the basis of the Cof$'s claims when filing for ownership . . . . and at the moment I'm not sure whether they also claimed copyright on an "invented word" . . . . and this they might have done in the context of the times as it would not have been found in any dictionary.

But, copyright and patent law states that, any invention or design that has been in prior commercial or general use and not created/discovered by the person filing for the patent/copyright ownership, cannot be granted.

Oh my goodness! Great minds and all that!

I have had exactly the same thoughts. Mine, however, were not explored in such a glamorous setting as yours. I tend to have profound moments in places like the soap-powder aisle at the supermarket. Which when you really think about it, is quite an appropriate setting. :wink2:

I so enjoy a good TM issue. :)

How funny would it be if the group that used intellectual property owndership to bash so many around with, got its major brand name TM involved in a massive legal shit-storm. :ohmy:

Re: Presenting: Mindology Thanks to OutEthicsOfficer!!

Presenting: Mindology Thanks to OutEthicsOfficer!!

http://www.lermanet.com/reference/mindology.pdf

and I have not even looked at it yet beyond the cover page -

"Man becomes a star when he understands himself!"
-

to make sure the file opens...
enjoy!

arnie

Oh my gosh, he was a phrenologist! They took on many important social reforms in their day. (Even though some of their ideas were racist or wacked) They did some good in the world!
Somehow this ties in with super power training, greater mastery of perceptics, etc.

http://www.nathanville.org.uk/web-albums/burgess/phrenology1/contents.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

He might have belonged to this group: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Phrenological_Society

More about the author: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Howitt

And here he is:
220px-William_Howitt_BritishLibraryuk_C3031-02.jpg

Last edited:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wish I was an expert on trademarks and copyrights.

But we can gander a guess that something is ill-besmooched in the state of Scientological "Providence".

At best I could picture the Church being able to be the only organization that can be called "The Church of Scientology".

What could hte others be called?

All kidding aside...

The Church of the Later Day Scientologists

The Brotherhood of Lutheran Scientologists

Scientology - the Next Generation

New Age Scientology

Church of the Freed Scientology

iScientology

Scientology of the Phoenix

Scientology Now!

Scientology Redux

The Fraternal Order of Scientology

The Disfellowshiped of Scientology

The Scientology Church for Suppressives

Well sometimes it is hard to be perfect at keeping all the kidding aside

Rd00

RogerB

Crusader
The document arrived today and I have sent the book in pdf form to Arnie via email...no doubt he will load it up on his site so it can be read...gotta love the NET.

Or if anyone's interested and you want a copy of your very own just PM me your email address and I will send one to you. Now that's service.

And service from indeed a good man too!

I sez ya gotta love good men moar than the NET :yes:

R

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Well, it was certainly total awesomeness Oto for digging this oldie up and arnie for posting it.
Unfortunately its just a bunch of early 20th century woo mixed with some common sense, in retrospect far more honest than anything Hubbard came up with.
I spent my lunch moment reading it and all it did was bring up images of Swami Bugs Bunny reading the lumps on Elmer Fudd's head.

:carryon: