What's new

Arte Maren

On Tony's blog there is a bit of promo by Arte Maren at the bottom of his post on the latest Narconon suit. http://tonyortega.org/2014/07/08/ry...t-15-against-scientologys-drug-rehab-network/

Arte Maren proves the Guardian Office means never having to say you’re sorry

Our thanks to the tipster who sent in this advertisement for Arte Maren’s latest seminar in Clearwater, Florida, which is happening on Saturday!

Arte includes his bio at the end of his ad, but it’s funny that he left out the most interesting part.

Back in the late 1970s, Arte was named by the government as one of the unindicted co-conspirators in Scientology’s audacious infiltration of federal offices from 1974 to 1977..... snip

What else is interesting about Arte - I memory serves, was one of the original 36 Class 8 auditors, along with his wife Mary, who did the original Class 8 course on the ship when Hubbard was personally delivering it. I saw him at Flag when I was last there and I think he said he was getting on OT7. He looked about the same as the pictures on Tony's blog. His wife, Mary, years ago, jumped ship and went to David Mayo's AAC. I wonder what the heck she's up to. I've met five or six of the original 8's - the Marens, Lisa and Rory Tate, Charley [STRIKE]I can't recall his last name[/STRIKE] Groff. The last I saw Lisa, she was still on staff at the Flag AO

If somebody has a list of them, it would be interesting to see who's still in...

Mimsey

Chris Shelton (Galactic Patrol • 2 hours ago

I wonder how many people, even Scientologists, actually know that Mastertech Inc (the maker of the software Arte is pitching here) is owned in whole by the Church of Scientology. It is run by a non-Sea Org member but is owned by Scientology as one of the many numerous parts of Scientology's corporate shell game. I'd like to see Arte explain that connection to his clients. "Oh yeah guys, when you buy my computer software to manage your statistics, you're actually putting more money directly into the Church of Scientology's coffers. Will that be cash or credit card?"

Arte Maren talks a nice talk here, but I wonder how smooth he'd sound if he had to explain how "management by statistics" has been proven to create a work environment of extreme stress and overwork, where no matter how much you produce, it's never good enough and no matter what miracles you pull off, it's all reset to zero at the beginning of the next week. I'm all for accountability and responsibility for getting one's work done, but I've never seen a better system to make slaves than Hubbard's "admin tech". It's pure poison.

The secret to making the stat game work is to; A) figure out how much you can reasonably make in a week. B) start out and stop your week early ( like on monday) with a low stat. That is what you report on Thursday at 2. C) Then start working on Tuesday on next weeks production and you end your week with 1 point up over the previous week, which you will report on next Thursday at 2. D) repeat. You always stay ahead of the game, with a cushion of production stats - your graph is always in normal and you never tell who ever keeps the stats what's really going on. Mimsey

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
On Tony's blog there is a bit of promo by Arte Maren at the bottom of his post on the latest Narconon suit. http://tonyortega.org/2014/07/08/ry...t-15-against-scientologys-drug-rehab-network/

What else is interesting about Arte - I memory serves, was one of the original 36 Class 8 auditors, along with his wife Mary, who did the original Class 8 course on the ship when Hubbard was personally delivering it. I saw him at Flag when I was last there and I think he said he was getting on OT7. He looked about the same as the pictures on Tony's blog. His wife, Mary, years ago, jumped ship and went to David Mayo's AAC. I wonder what the heck she's up to. I've met five or six of the original 8's - the Marens, Lisa and Rory Tate, Charley I can't recall his last name. The last I saw Lisa, she was still on staff at the Flag AO

If somebody has a list of them, it would be interesting to see who's still in...

Mimsey

Mary Marin married Frankie Freedman before she went to David's ACC. They both worked there. Now she is in the FZ. Maybe in Idaho. I lost track of Mary and Frankie in the late 90's.

She is in Idaho and working with Les and Anita Warren
delivering very productively in the FZ.

http://scientolipedia.org/info/Franklin_and_Mary_Freeman
Wow. Coeur D'Alene is beautiful country - I was up there in the spring a year ago - the lake rose 3 feet from snow melt while I was there. Lot's of fish, wild geese, osprey - there was a guy who had a llama wandering around in his field. Had some yummy elk steak.

Mimsey

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
The secret to making the stat game work is to; A) figure out how much you can reasonably make in a week. B) start out and stop your week early ( like on monday) with a low stat. That is what you report on Thursday at 2. C) Then start working on Tuesday on next weeks production and you end your week with 1 point up over the previous week, which you will report on next Thursday at 2. D) repeat. You always stay ahead of the game, with a cushion of production stats - your graph is always in normal and you never tell who ever keeps the stats what's really going on. Mimsey

Except that at the staff meeting the ED is always giving out a higher quota.

Well I guess to hell with the ED quota just get that one more each week.

Still eventually after a year you would need to be 52 over the previous year.

Like that is going to happen.

Rd00

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
On July 8th 1977, exactly 37 years ago, I was standing in the Grand Lobby at Celebrity Center as 150 FBI agents burst in to raid the Guardian's Office located on the 1st and 2nd floors. I witnessed the FBI raid and the tons of boxes being towed away.
Arte Maren was served a John Doe subpoena by the FBI.
He subsequently refused to answer questions in Court and was shipped to Washington DC to a Maximum security jail for contempt of court.
I was shipped out overnight, at midnight on a flight "to keep him cool" from Clearwater to audit him.
From the Flag Land Base to a maximum security jail in Washington DC, my adventures had only just begun.
I will be doing a radio show with Jeff to cover this story more.
Long after all of this in forthcoming years I was invited to Arte's birthday parties held in Cuban restaurants with Cuban dancing in Los Angeles and talked to Arte in depth.
He never ever came remotely close to acknowledging that the GO was criminal. The Guardian's Office were heros !
It was the "greatest good."

Last edited:
Well, Karen, he's still at it, he's never wavered. I guess he did the HCD course and aced it and the internship. (Hubbard Cognitive Dissonance course) Mimsey

TG1

Angelic Poster
Wasn't Jim Kalergis one of the early (first?) OT8s?

Or maybe he was the first NOTs completion.

He was the first something.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
On July 8th 1977, exactly 37 years ago, I was standing in the Grand Lobby at Celebrity Center as 150 FBI agents burst in to raid the Guardian's Office located on the 1st and 2nd floors. I witnessed the FBI raid and the tons of boxes being towed away.
He subsequently refused to answer questions in Court and was shipped to Washington DC to a Maximum security jail for contempt of court.
I was shipped out overnight, at midnight on a flight "to keep him cool" from Clearwater to audit him.
From the Flag Land Base to a maximum security jail in Washington DC, my adventures had only just begun.
Long after all of this in forthcoming years I was invited to Arte's birthday parties held in Cuban restaurants with Cuban dancing in Los Angeles and talked to Arte in depth.
He never ever came remotely close to acknowledging that the GO was criminal. The Guardian's Office were heros !

Thank you, Karen. You're a brilliant, bold and beautiful Star!!! :yes::thumbsup::clap:

I knew in passing and interacted a couple of times with Arte in the "Old Days", years before the Raid.

Looking forward to your stuff re: Arte and your adventures. :coolwink:

Face:)

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I knew in passing and interacted a couple of times with Arte in the "Old Days", years before the Raid.

Looking forward to your stuff re: Arte and your adventures. :coolwink:

Face:)

LOL Face !

Arte bounced from being a prisoner in DC high security Jail to top Gun in WISE.
Then in the normal DNA of purge and clobber and smash ~~ see this:::

Arte Maren A Committee of Evidence (Sea Org Court Martial) held on Arte Maren in 1989 was posted this week. Arte was in charge of a World Institute of Enterprises (WISE) company, which apparently had financial difficulties. A few excerpts:
http://factnet.org/altreligionscientology-week-review-117#1
"Arte is the senior partner of The Advisory, a WISE licensed Category 'A' group. The Advisory was rapidly going insolvent. Arte was absent from The Advisory in the previous two and one half months and refused to return from Flag religious retreat despite the condition of The Advisory.

"CRIMES:

"CAUSING SEVERE AND DISREPUTABLE DISTURBANCES RESULTING IN DISREPUTE. Arte pleaded NOT GUILTY. The Committee finds him GUILTY. This is based on the fact that The Advisory Cash/Bills have been crossed for years.

"CONDONING CIRCUMSTANCES OR OFFENSES CAPABLE OF BRINGING A COURSE, SECTION, UNIT, DEPARTMENT, ORG, ZONE OR DIVISION TO A STATE OF COLLAPSE. Arte pleaded GUILTY. The Committee finds him GUILTY. The Committee found that The Advisory is currently insolvent with many key stats in a long term downtrend.

"COMMITTING A PROBLEM. Arte pleaded GUILTY. The Committee found him GUILTY. The Committee found that Arte had produced and issued a management tape on how to generate referrals. This tape contained LRH Management Technology that was altered and was not submitted for Issue Authority.

"COMMITTING A SOLUTION WHICH BECOMES A PROBLEM. Arte pleaded GUILTY. The Committee found him GUILTY. The Committee found that Arte had formed a separate company called The Corporate Advisory. The Corporate Advisory, was not a WISE member. However, the Committee found that in three instances The Corporate Advisory was in fact consulting clients on the use of LRH Management Technology. These clients could and should have been given to The Advisory. Additionally, Arte has not paid WISE for the use of the technology as established in WISE standard licensing agreements.

"HIGH CRIMES:

"IT IS FURTHER A HIGH CRIME FOR A STAFF MEMBER BOOKSTORE OFFICER OR EXECUTIVE TO FAIL TO TAKE THE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS FOR THE PROTECTION AND CORRECT USE OF ORG BOOKSTOCKS. Arte pleaded NOT GUILTY. The Committee finds him GUILTY. Arte was presented with evidence that the HCO™ Book Account had been used to cover payroll. The HCO Book Account was used for three weeks and not fully repaid.

"Misdemeanors:

"IMPEDING JUSTICE While recently at Flag and in an effort to get the Committee of Evidence canceled, Arte led the Flag Public MAA to believe that he had hired a Class VIII, OT® VIII, to handle the tech area. He had not actually hired this person and never did do so. Based on this information, the Flag MAA relayed this false report to the IJC in a telex requesting the Comm Ev be canceled.

"Arte is assigned a condition of TREASON towards WISE. He is to be upgraded by the CO WISE WUS.

"Arte must do 500 hours of amends, 100 hours to The Advisory and 400 to WISE.

"Arte's WISE license is hereby revoked.

"Respectfully submitted: CHAIRMAN: Dan Owen SECRETARY: Meryl Trahant MEMBER: Susan Ochart MEMBER: Mike Holzwarth"

But hold your horses !!!
Not dinged as criminal for too long.
There's money to be gotten.
Cough it up all the way to OT VIII Arte

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/a/arte-maren.html

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
Arte Maren, Scientology Vulture Extrodinaire:

[video=youtube;Eo64cr6GfOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo64cr6GfOU[/video]

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
What else is interesting about Arte - I memory serves, was one of the original 36 Class 8 auditors, along with his wife Mary, who did the original Class 8 course on the ship when Hubbard was personally delivering it. I saw him at Flag when I was last there and I think he said he was getting on OT7. He looked about the same as the pictures on Tony's blog. His wife, Mary, years ago, jumped ship and went to David Mayo's AAC. I wonder what the heck she's up to. I've met five or six of the original 8's - the Marens, Lisa and Rory Tate, Charley [STRIKE]I can't recall his last name[/STRIKE] Groff. The last I saw Lisa, she was still on staff at the Flag AO.

Rory & Lisa divorced long ago. Rory moved to Hawaii, then back to Oklahoma to work at Narconon Arrowhead & quit to move to Tampa last year. He's now dating another woman..Joanne.

https://www.facebook.com/rory.tate.9

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

What else is interesting about Arte - I memory serves, was one of the original 36 Class 8 auditors, along with his wife Mary, who did the original Class 8 course on the ship when Hubbard was personally delivering it. I saw him at Flag when I was last there and I think he said he was getting on OT7. He looked about the same as the pictures on Tony's blog. His wife, Mary, years ago, jumped ship and went to David Mayo's AAC. I wonder what the heck she's up to. I've met five or six of the original 8's - the Marens, Lisa and Rory Tate, Charley [STRIKE]I can't recall his last name[/STRIKE] Groff. The last I saw Lisa, she was still on staff at the Flag AO

Mimsey

If you have simple stats it's quite easy to have a normal trend, most LRH stats though are based on things out of your control, take NNCF (new names to central files) for instance, it's not enough to sell the books and get someone to give you their name and address, you also have to see that that CFi/c has added it to Central Files. and if there is no one you have to get HCO to recruit one and get them working. So the Div 6 reg is penalised if there is no CF i/c, it's nuts.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Mary Marin married Frankie Freedman before she went to David's ACC. They both worked there. Now she is in the FZ. Maybe in Idaho. I lost track of Mary and Frankie in the late 90's.

Mary was a really floaty-theta-squirrely kinda gal. I remember even when she was a Class VIII auditing in the COS mission network, she was using NUMEROLOGY tech. Seriously. Taking paid PCs into session all day and then doing someones "chart" by adding up the numerical values of their name. As if.... (LOL)

Proving what? I guess, proving that Scientologists will believe kinda anything.

HelluvaHoax!

That is going to be a fascinating video! Greatly looking forward to it.

Last year I was at a local store and the owner and some others were standing outside just chatting. I joined them for a few minutes, fully unprepared for the surreal event about to happen.

One of the people in the group seemed to be quite curious about me for some reason--I guessed that maybe the 12 cylinder car I was driving that day might have tickled his interest or something. Anyways, his curiosity about what kind of business I was in made me just as curious about why he was being so nosey. So, I put on my super-sleuth hat and "out-detectived" him and within less than a minute I had found out that he was a former Scientologist. In minute number two, I learned that he was a high ranking (former) member of the GO. Hey, an SP beats a GO at the game of investigations every day of the week! LOL.

Here's the bizarre part... I was asking questions as if I didn't know anything about Scientology other than "what I read" or "what I heard". This guy went right into the drill like Pavlov's dogs, even adopting the glowing-knowing GO grin that I had forgotten about decades ago. But then it all came flooding back to me, those twinkling eyes and elite smugness as they spun their "acceptable truths". Honestly, I saw that self-satisfied smirk face so many times when I was in Scientology, I could not forget it.

Well, this is not exactly related to Arte Maren, but then maybe it is. My new "friend" outside the grocery store was getting real inspired by my seemingly innocent questions.

ME
Hey, I heard that the guy who invented Scientology,
I forget his name......

EX GO EXEC
Hubbard. L. Ron Hubbard.

ME
Oh yeah, that's right, Hubbard. Well I heard that Hubbard
and his top Scientologists all went to jail for a massive
espionage campaign against the US government. That doesn't
sound very good for a religion.

EX GO EXEC
Oh, but that's not what actually happened.
(his eyes really turning up the glow, as if
to capture me by their intensity
)
What really happened is that the Scientologists
only used some copy paper. That's all that they did
wrong, but the US government ran a big coverup and
prosecuted them anyways.

ME
Oh wow, I didn't know that. But if Scientology promotes
that they give you special abilities, why would the top people
in Scientology end up going to federal prison?

Yeah, okay, I enjoyed torturing him (LOL) but he was really getting off on thinking that he had completely bamboozled me and won me over. Google "Duper's Delight".

Karen, your story above really struck me, particularly the part about Maren (years later) not having the slightest sense or awareness that the GO had become a criminal thug gang of liars. I saw that so many times, but when I ran into that Ex-GO exec, he not only did not think there was anything wrong with it, he actually was GLOWING AND BASKING IN THE WIN OF IT! This is how deranged the mind of a cult member can become, that their conscience and cringe-reflex response is replaced by a sadistic glee and pleasure is attained by running "OPs" on other people and tricking/deceiving them.

For anyone who hasn't studied "Duper's Delight" it is quite a revelation. In my experience, I routinely found it with ex GO and OSA members, even after they had left the cult. That might be one of the last things to go when a cult member finally peels the final onion layers; lying as a pleasure moment.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Wasn't Jim Kalergis one of the early (first?) OT8s?

Or maybe he was the first NOTs completion.

He was the first something.

As with all Scientologists going OT............

He was the first to go, the last to know.

phenomanon

Canyon
Mary was a really floaty-theta-squirrely kinda gal. I remember even when she was a Class VIII auditing in the COS mission network, she was using NUMEROLOGY tech. Seriously. Taking paid PCs into session all day and then doing someones "chart" by adding up the numerical values of their name. As if.... (LOL)

Proving what? I guess, proving that Scientologists will believe kinda anything.

During the fake "Religious Freedom Crusade", while the Wollersheim case was being tried, the Courthouse was guarded by Scn'ists. Public were unable to view the proceedings because COS herded their OTs into the Courtroom, and blocked anyone else , other than Press.
So Mary and I got phoney Press passes from a fellow EX and used them to enter the Courtroom.
We saw the OTs from COS " auditing" the Judge.
Mary was fun, and always into something.
I wish her good things. It can't be easy making a living at Field auditing these days.

Terril park

Sponsor
During the fake "Religious Freedom Crusade", while the Wollersheim case was being tried, the Courthouse was guarded by Scn'ists. Public were unable to view the proceedings because COS herded their OTs into the Courtroom, and blocked anyone else , other than Press.
So Mary and I got phoney Press passes from a fellow EX and used them to enter the Courtroom.
We saw the OTs from COS " auditing" the Judge.
Mary was fun, and always into something.
I wish her good things. It can't be easy making a living at Field auditing these days.

I think she does quite well. She also does her "ethics" programme which is very popular,
and dosn't include O/W write ups. She can do power, NOTs and also the CBR bridge.
She often sends me success stories which I post around for promotional purposes. Sometimes
in batches of 7or 8. She looks a good 30 years younger than her age.