What's new

Article on Scientology forced abortions removed from Catholic Stand website

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Article on Scientology forced abortions removed from Catholic Stand website.

Victoria Gisondi, the author of the Catholic Stand article "Scientology: The Church of Forced Abortion" reports on Twitter that the story has been removed from Catholic Stand:

https://twitter.com/VGisondi/status/817053669665472512

ymKs1HF.png

Going to the URL of the original article -- http://www.catholicstand.com/scientology-church-forced-abortion/ -- confirms the article has been removed.

The article does, however, continue to appear in Google Cache:

KV4UJ6Q.png

Ms. Gisondi further reports via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/VGisondi/status/816986137776586752

YYG6uIc.png

Full response letter:

C1aEjpvXgAA1OKM.jpg

As indicated in Gisondi first screenshotted tweet, her article continues to be available.

https://twitter.com/VGisondi/status/815197910698704896

HiIPLJC.png

Priests for Life: Scientology: The Church of Forced Abortion – by Victoria Gisondi

http://priestsforlife.org/blog/word...hurch-of-forced-abortion-by-victoria-gisondi/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Scientology: The Church of Forced Abortion – by Victoria Gisondi

December 29, 2016

Fr. Frank

ScientologyLeah.jpg

Victoria Gisondi

December 29, 2016

A&E network just aired its fifth episode of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, an eight part documentary exposing the unbelievable institutional abuse of the Church of Scientology. Each episode has featured mind blowing personal accounts by former members of isolation, interrogation, forced captivity, separation from family members, money extortion and fraud. The church’s victims include the cult leader’s own father, Ron Miscavige.

Perhaps the most mind blowing of all, are the reports of frequent use of coercion and intimidation to force couples to abort their children. The church’s Sea Organization, a high ranking level in the hierarchy of Scientology, depends on the heavy labor of its young members. Interestingly, the majority of these accounts happened to married teens- another strange characteristic of Scientology. Any interruptions to grueling work hours are resented and “discouraged”. Since Miscavige came on board, having children has been banned for Sea Org Members. The church has denied this claim.

However, married couple Marc and Claire Headley told a different story. When Claire discovered she was pregnant at 19, she was isolated and separated from her husband. “Auditors” interrogated her for hours until they broke her down mentally. According to Headley, this is typical procedure for members of the elite Sea Organization. Children and families only get in the way of the mission of Scientology to “clear the planet”- whatever that means. Uncooperative Scientologists are labeled as “suppressive persons” and cut off from spouses and immediate family forever. Those who escape and are recaptured are assigned to years of hard labor and rationed food.

There really wasn’t a choice for Claire. Her abortion was scheduled for her and she was back to work the following day. This happened a second time a few years later.

A broken-hearted Claire tearfully shared her story saying, “Some wounds you can’t heal”. She counted how many women she personally knew who had been mandated to abort and said it was no less than fifty! One woman she knew had six abortions.

Fed up with the abuse, the Headley’s narrowly escaped from the oppressive church but not before being followed, intimidated, and run off the road on a motorcycle.

Incredibly, their story is not unique. A Google search for “scientology” and “abortion” will pull many results. In fact, The Tampa Bay Times ran a story in June of 2010 featuring similar accounts. A woman named Laura Dieckman, who testified in a deposition for a court case the Headleys brought against the church of Scientology, felt pressured as well. Laura DeCrescenzo, Sunny Pereira, and Samantha Domingo also claim they were pushed into abortions they didn’t want. The St Petersburg Times alleged more than a dozen more women who were forced into abortion.

In a 1994 affidavit written by the late Mary Tabayoyon, an ex Scientologist whose son was forced to “disconnect” from her and her husband wrote,

“I told the Medical Officer (Martine Collins) of my pregnancy. She immediately went into action to arrange for my abortion. She told me, that I would naturally be expected to pay for it myself, since it was considered Out Ethics to get pregnant. (Out Ethics in Scientology simply means your reasoning facilities are no longer thinking in a direction designed to promote Scientology and must be corrected)…A friend of mine, Betty Hardin, who works in the treasury division …told me that she used to transport the pregnant women at the base to Riverside, California for their abortions. For about a year, she transported women almost weekly to the Planned Parenthood Center, in Riverside, so that they could have their abortions and follow up check ups that were needed. She said it just became routine. Pregnant Sea Org members were sent to the Planned Parenthood Center to get their abortions. When they returned to the base they went to Ethics.”

In yet another report, a documentary* titled Knowledge Report by ex Scientologist Mark Bunker, a security guard Gary Morehead recounted his story. As the head of security in desert compound in California, Morehead had the job of “persuading” girls to abort and he explained the various ways he would accomplish coercion.

Each new episode of Remini’s docu-series further exposes abuses by the Church of Scientology. As I write this, three more episodes are scheduled to air.

It sounds far-fetched to think that within our free and developed nation’s borders there exists a “church” of fear and coercion where women are mentally broken until they abort their own children. It sounds like the stuff of communist dictatorships; and some have called David Miscavige a dictator. The only thing worse than a church that is pro choice is a church that gives no choice.

Mercifully, evil cannot remain hidden very long before light exposes it. Good for Leah Remini for having the courage to break away and expose this evil.

Read the entire article by Victoria Gisondi: http://www.priestsforlife.org/library/5916-scientology-the-church-of-forced-abortion

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

IMPORTANT NOTE: TWEETS, RETWEETS AND OTHERWISE DISSEMINATING THE STORY ARE NEEDED AND WANTED. IF YOU HAVEN'T JOINED TWITTER YET, PLEASE DO.

[video=youtube;ulNwZjPamTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulNwZjPamTI[/video]

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
CIC, just to be clear, my wtf? wasn't aimed towards you but rather the Catholic Stand for pulling the article.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Don't worry, I took it that way.

That article was from a guest contributor and somehow it must have violated the submission guidelines.

I hope it's either modified and resubmitted or the Catholic Stand covers the issue with their own story. They're orthodox Catholics; I imagine that they have got to be appalled at the stories of forced abortion.

Leland

Crusader
That article was from a guest contributor and somehow it must have violated the submission guidelines.

I hope it's either modified and resubmitted or the Catholic Stand covers the issue with their own story. They're orthodox Catholics; I imagine that they have got to be appalled at the stories of forced abortion.

It is kinda funny that the objector mentions the KKK....and takes a dig at Leah Remini's show....and "positions" the TV Special with the KKK...

After all the KKK is a Protestant Christian Organization....even if radical.

(hope that doesn't get me blasted....I was curious and just googled it...)

So, the Scientology Cult letter writer....is herself, objecting to and hating mongering a religious organization...the KKK.

:unsure:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is kinda funny that the objector mentions the KKK....and takes a dig at Leah Remini's show....and "positions" the TV Special with the KKK...

So, the Scientology Cult letter writer....is herself, objecting to and hating mongering a religious organization...the KKK.

The "objector" is a scientologist for cripes sake. Same BS as the attorney letter to A&E bitching about A&E deciding not to air the program about getting people out of the KKK but not doing so with Aftermath.

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
They're orthodox Catholics; I imagine that they have got to be appalled at the stories of forced abortion.

Orthodox Catholics will be even more appalled at having anything whatsoever, no matter how remotely related, to do with mainstream catholics. The only thing orthodox catholics hate more than mainstream catholics is activist priests. This was original content for Priests For Life, a hardcore mainstream catholic group of activist priests who piss in everybody's cornflakes and enjoy doing so.

So OF COURSE they took it down. If they knew it was a reprint from PFL, they would have never reprinted it in the first place because it's akin to crawling in bed with the devil. It was shock-n-awe WTF-R-U-Crazy??? to even submit it. I was floored when it show it up there, can't believe it lasted more than 5 minutes TBH.

EDIT: Imagine Freedom Mag printing a pro-xanax article by mistake. That's what this was akin too.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes Alicia Selverson needs to ask David Miscavige directly who instigated and allowed so many pregnant Sea Org members to be pressured into having abortions at clinics so David could have money to hide his wife Shelly Miscavige.
And while she is at it she can have a chat with Laura Decresenso and Claire Headly, and then apologize.
She can do that before she goes to court for libel. It might be good amends for being so reactively hanky.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes Alicia Selverson needs to ask David Miscavige directly who instigated and allowed so many pregnant Sea Org members to be pressured into having abortions at clinics so David could have money to hide his wife Shelly Miscavige.
And while she is at it she can have a chat with Laura Decresenso and Claire Headly, and then apologize.
She can do that before she goes to court for libel. It might be good amends for being so reactively banky.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
While we're at it, the Moonies are Christians too (true).

Helena, stirring up trouble as usual.
No, they are not. The Moonies are "Christians too" only if one ignores Christian theology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church#Mainstream_Christianity

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Mainstream Christianity

Main article: Unification Church and mainstream Christianity

The Divine Principle includes new interpretations of the Bible not found in mainstream Christian traditions.[SUP][112][/SUP] From its beginning, the Unification Church claimed to be Christian and promoted its teachings to mainstream Christian churches and organizations. The Unification Church in Korea was labeled as heretical by Protestant churches in South Korea, including Moon’s own Presbyterian Church. In the United States, the church was rejected by ecumenical organizations as being non-Christian. The main objections were theological, especially because of the Unification Church’s addition of material to the Bible.[SUP][113]
[/SUP]
Protestant Christian commentators have also criticized Unification Church teachings as contrary to the Protestant doctrine of sola fide.[SUP][114][/SUP][SUP][115][/SUP] In their influential book The Kingdom of the Cults (first published in 1965), Walter Ralston Martin and Ravi K. Zacharias disagreed with the Divine Principle on the issues of Christology, the virgin birth of Jesus, the Unification Church's belief that Jesus should have married, the necessity of the crucifixion of Jesus, and a literal resurrection of Jesus as well as a literal Second Coming.[SUP][116][/SUP]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Veda

Sponsor
Some background...

Hana Eltringham Whitfield: "There were secretive flights to New York from the ship by Hubbard aides and others for abortions either condoned or ordered by Hubbard... Women who became pregnant did not want to be sent off the ship so they chose, in some cases, to have the abortions and, in some cases, Hubbard ordered them to have abortions".

Interviewer: "So the issue of forced abortions is not new?..."

Hana: "No, it's not new. It existed on board the Royal Scotman."

This is from 1:48 - 3:06, in part four of a six part interview with Hana Eltringham Whitfield.

In this segment, Hana also discusses the death of Susan Meister and the cover up by Hubbard. Also discussed are the scandalous conditions in the children's nursery at the Fort Harrison (Flag Land Base) in 1975, 1976, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAhyNmwI6UI

From the 1952 Philadelphia Doctorate Course:

"We mustn't mention this because, God help us, there goes the moral code. Penicillin took out the disease level and now... [a person] can take a couple of beams of energy.... and terminate a pregnancy. Nothing wild or forceful or upsetting or anything like that. Just make sure the tube opens. It's very simple. There are muscles and so forth that contract and expand at a certain period every month, and that sort of thing."

Gleefully, Hubbard continued:

"Pregnancies that have been as much as three months advanced have been terminated that way... Isn't this fascinating? So you've got something like birth control sitting right there in theta clearing... It's just deadly. One, two, three!"

1952, 'PDC' lecture. Hubbard explains how wonderful it is that "OTs" can now induce abortions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI71dkquCEE

And, from a precept from 'The Way to Happiness' "moral code" booklet, written, in 1980, as PR cover while Hubbard was in hiding after the exposure of his amoral, immoral, and criminal teachings and activities:

On the topic of sex, in 'TWTH', one precept advises against promiscuity, explaining that, "A 'feeling of guilt' is no where near as sharp as ground glass in the soup."

Note that "feeling of guilt" is in quotes.

__________​

As early as 1951, Hubbard had spoken dismissively of "conscience." In the lecture, 'Cause on All Dynamics', he said:

"What is conscience? It is simply a negating against your own, not somebody else's, causes. If there is such a thing as conscience, it would be that...

Now, you want to know anytime in your life when you have felt guilty... you go back earlier and find the postulate that you are guilty of disobeying [and erase the postulate]."

_________​

Hubbard expressed the idea of being free of the "impediment" of conscience more simply, during a ('PDC') lecture in 1952:

"Never be the effect of your own cause."

_________​

And on the family:

"The GE [Genetic Entity] is a family man. The GE is lost without the family. It's very strange but Homo Sap is a family unit. The GE is built on that basis...

And your thetan, by the way, can much more easily go into a group. Families are not good groups."

From 10 December 1952, PDC lecture series.

So much of what is occurring in Scientology today is an echo of what happened - under Hubbard - in the past.

__________​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6uh_mKLbA

More from video #4 of Hana, beginning at 3:50:

"There was... a cover-up, ordered by Hubbard because he did not want Susan's family in the United States to be able to open the casket and to look at the body, and to have their own autopsy done, and come to their own conclusions as to how she died...

Twenty years later, ... the father, Mr. Meister, called Jerry and myself, his voice breaking, pleading for help. He was still searching for information on exactly what happened to his daughter."​

_________​

The 12 February 1967 Policy Letter 'Admin Know-How, the Responsibility of Leaders' -a.k.a. The Bolivar Policy Letter:

"[The power asks] 'What are those dead bodies doing at the door'. And if you [the subordinate] are clever, you never let it be known HE [the power] killed them - that weakens you and also hurts the power source. 'Well, boss about all those dead bodies, nobody at all will suppose you did it. She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn't like me'. 'Well', he'll say if he really is a power, 'Why are you bothering me with it if it's done and you did it. Where's my blue ink?...

...always push power in the direction of anyone on whose power you depend. It may be more money for the power, or more ease, or a snarling defense of the power to the critic, or even the dull thud of one of his enemies in the dark, or the glorious blaze of a whole enemy camp as a birthday surprise...

...Real powers are developed by tight conspiracies of this kind... and if they are right and also manage their man [the power] and keep him from collapsing from overwork, bad temper or bad data, a kind of juggernaut builds up."

JustSheila

Crusader
Disconnection. Coerced abortions. Destroying the jobs, reputations, property, sanity and families of those that disagree. Scientology, this song seems to be written about the heartless scientologists you create and the vicious lawyers you employ.

How can people be so heartless? How can people be so cruel?
Easy to be hard. Easy to be cold.

How can people have no feelings? How can they ignore their friends?
Easy to be proud. Easy to say no.

Especially people who care about strangers, who care about evil and social injustice.
Do you only care about the bleeding crowd? How about a needing friend?

[video=youtube;SrD14jqTtAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrD14jqTtAE[/video]

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
... The GE [Genetic Entity] is a family man. The GE is lost without the family. It's very strange but Homo Sap is a family unit. The GE is built on that basis ...
When I was growing up, my family of origin (foo) was always arguing and battling for control. I got so bad that I decided, if this is what family is all about, who needs family?

Helena