What's new

As Former Head of Scientology's OSA, What Does Mike Rinder Know?

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>
Well Mike (and Marty) are not in the same boat as most people Carm - they actively tried to destroy people some of whom are on this board. It aint a question of "oh whoops, my bad".
Man, no argument with ya there.

It is a colossal red flag that neither of them have , to my knowledge, sought out those they tried to destroy and apologize and help them out.

It doesn't matter whether Mike is "newly out" he is not owed anything by people who are not in Scientology. I'm glad you think that he may just deign to speak to the inquiry, given his performance thus far I wont be holding my breath.

The mere fact of running away from Miscavige does not make Rinder a good guy. He ran away, he chose not to defy and to protest and to speak out to DMs face and in public at the base or anywhere else. Instead he put up with for years and then ran.
Agreed with all you say here, except I AM holding my breath.

You know what I felt and expressed about Marty, early on when pretty well all my mates, except you and Zinj, were telling me go easy and give him the benefit of the doubt. For whatever reason, I think the circumstances are different with Mike than with Marty, and that he is of a different ilk. In saying that though, I'm not saying that I'm impressed with Mike's actions to date at all, I'm certainly not!

I don't trust nor support Mike. I just get the idea though that he *could* SEE what I believe he *should* see and do. That's what I'm holding onto (not any *blind* faith).

I see a *chance* that Mike will come to the party, albeit small. I'm looking at that chance, coz as ya know, it would make a huge difference. From where I sit, I want to do all I can to get his testimony regarding perverting the course of justice, for the Inquiry.

Expecting him to find a pair now is hopeful thinking at the very best.
I don't *expect* him to, I just *want* him to, and believe that there is a possibility that he *could*.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I understand what you are doing, Carmel.

And you are right - you should give him a chance.

I'm going to stop saying anything. I actually quit writing "Mike Rinder in Hell" because I felt I was not being fair to him. So far, I've said exactly what I want to say for now.

I am going to be watching very closely - for any sign of hope.

But when I see the present pattern continue, then there won't be a need to keep on hoping that Mike Rinder is anything other than he appears to be right now.

I do hope that John Sweeney asks him about Carmen Rainer, though. And Lisa McPherson. And the files he kept on enemies in every Church of Scientology around the world per policy. And all the people he has tricked, lied to or destroyed for decades in Scientology.

I really want to see his answer to those questions.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Why would Mike Rinder deserve apologies? In the best of circumstances, he wouldn't deserve apologies. Owe some? Yes.

Zinj
In light of this, I retract my earlier statement that I would apologize if he came out with something useful. My "Fuck you Mike Rinder" is hereby assigned permanent status. Thank you Zinj.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
On the other hand, I do see a 'difference' between Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun. And, while it may be a deliberate bit of shenanigans a'la 'good clam/bad clam' it *could* be that Mike really is trying to just 'get by' while kissing Marty's butt for show.

I'm not interested in the soap opera. I don't care. If Mike Rinder had disappeared into oblivion and never said a word, I wouldn't particularly care about him except as a retired thug who deserved to be hauled in and squeezed like a pimple someday. It wouldn't be an issue.

Since he's chosen to be at least 'partially' public, the problem becomes that he's not only not telling all; he's not telling the *truth* in what he is saying.

That's a problem. He's spent decades lying for the Cult; decades 'ruining people utterly' and decades following orders from weasels even worse than he.

Without a hiccup.

Marty is fairly obviously a scammer and manipulator. What's his 'goal'? I don't know. If you do, then you're almost certainly wrong. Marty is circles within circles and games within games and hasn't got an honest bone in his skull.

That Mike associates himself with Marty says too much. Like your momma said; you'll be judged by whom you hang out with.

Mike, if you want to be an honest person, it's not that hard.

Zinj

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Man, no argument with ya there.

Agreed with all you say here, except I AM holding my breath.

You know what I felt and expressed about Marty, early on when pretty well all my mates, except you and Zinj, were telling me go easy and give him the benefit of the doubt. For whatever reason, I think the circumstances are different with Mike than with Marty, and that he is of a different ilk. In saying that though, I'm not saying that I'm impressed with Mike's actions to date at all, I'm certainly not!

I don't trust nor support Mike. I just get the idea though that he *could* SEE what I believe he *should* see and do. That's what I'm holding onto (not any *blind* faith).

I see a *chance* that Mike will come to the party, albeit small. I'm looking at that chance, coz as ya know, it would make a huge difference. From where I sit, I want to do all I can to get his testimony regarding perverting the course of justice, for the Inquiry.

I don't *expect* him to, I just *want* him to, and believe that there is a possibility that he *could*.

You are a good person Carm, I do respect that about you very much. I hope Mike comes through for you in this regard.

I will also be on the look out for the launch of Porcine Airways as well...

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I hope Mike comes to the party too. I agree that he seems like a different type than Marty. Just judging by his own posts to Marty's blog I think there's a difference. But, there is no reason to cater to or coddle him. If he deserves respect, he deserves respect as an honorable man.

As an honorable man, all he has to do is act honorably. He doesn't need coddling.

Hey! Mike Rinder!
HTFU

Zinj

Dobie

If Mike Rinder is really not OSA any more, then Mike Rinder needs to be nice to me. And to Carmen Rainer, and to all the other people he spent decades fucking over any way he could.

Nobody needs to be nice to Mike Rinder until Mike Rinder proves that he is being nice to them.

Alanzo, thanks for your post. I agree with you.
Reading Rathbuns blog makes me sick. Not long ago, Rinder & Rathbun was DMs bloodthirsty pitbulls. Now they are heroes in the independent field by blaming DM for everything. How come?

Do they have a hidden agenda? Sure they have.
All their moves and blogposts are very well orchestrated, to well.
For me it's obvious, they are trying take down DM and take over the church.
They are now running a very successful campaign for a church takeover.
Wait and see...

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Reading Rathbuns blog makes me sick. Not long ago, Rinder & Rathbun was DMs bloodthirsty pitbulls. Now they are heroes in the independent field by blaming DM for everything. How come?

Wait and see...

Welcome to ESMB, Dobie!

Are you here to suppress Mankind, too?

Anonycat

Crusader
In fact Mike - there is a Senate Inquiry into Scientology IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY OF AUSTRALIA right now.

They are presently taking submissions.

There is talk of a judicial inquiry there, too.

Why aren't you helping clean up Scientology in your own home country right now?

Do you care about the people of Australia, or not?

Do you want the Church to continue blaming 11 year old girls for getting them selves molested by grown men, and then coaching them to lie to the police about it to cover it up?

What about all the other abuses that the Church of Scientology is waging against Australians that you know about and you could help stop?

I know David Miscavige is a Big Meanie, but where are the bodies buried in Australia, Mike?

Why won't you help them?

PLEASE be a hero, Mike, and support this! :yes:

Let's do it!

Anonycat

Crusader

Wait and see...

Welcome, Dobie! They need to step up and SAY what they hope to accomplish. Guessing can go on and on; they need to locate their yarbles and say something.