What's new

As Former Head of Scientology's OSA, What Does Mike Rinder Know?

Mystic

Crusader
That Mr. Rinder was at one time the godfather of OSA doesn't impress me at all in regards to his mental capacities. In fact, it dis-impresses me.

To hold down a job like that requires a mind quite criminally oriented.

Mike's only value is if he does 'fess up. Then he might even move into being valuable to life.

We shall see.

There is a LOT of world-wide pressure on this dying cult and if the discarded remnants like Marty and Mike believe they can salvage something out of the ashes, well TOO FUCKING BAD. If so, they are VERY on the wrong side.

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader
That Mr. Rinder was at one time the godfather of OSA doesn't impress me at all in regards to his mental capacities. In fact, it dis-impresses me.

To hold down a job like that requires a mind quite criminally oriented.

Marty's only value is if he does 'fess up. Then he might even move into being valuable to life.

We shall see.

There is a LOT of world-wide pressure on this dying cult and if the discarded remnants like Marty and Mike believe they can salvage something out of the ashes, well TOO FUCKING BAD. If so, they are VERY on the wrong side.

Then it's about redemption. That's a bridge I'd recommend to him. Also, it's free.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Mike,
Is your brother your Achilles heel? Is he the reason you can't really step out to the other side? A gun with blanks is being held at Andrew's head. He just doesn't know they are blanks. Taryn and Cathy don't know this either. Nor Pat. You don't have to worry about them. As soon as you really cross over the picket line, they will follow suit. No question. Your brother has a high capacity for truth, Mike. Believe me, Mike, your silence is actually making them stay in the church.

You have been dishonorable....to many, many people...and for many, many years. In your silence you are still the henchman you were. You can't speak out because you haven't actually left yet. You are held in check by your own silence. Don't damn yourself to this purgatory because in doing so you damn many others to it as well.

Unless you are guilty of first degree murder you have no reason to not speak. If you are guilty then go and make a deal for immunity. I personally don't care what you've done or what deal you make. I guess you run the risk that no one will like you, Mike, and you'll lose the little crumbs of admiration you now have. So what? Afraid of the PR? You deserve to pay some price, Mike. Let the cards fall so others can live in peace. A little safety for you comes at a very high price for many others.

Turn the page, Mike. Write the next chapter.

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
For whatever reason, I think the circumstances are different with Mike than with Marty, and that he is of a different ilk. In saying that though, I'm not saying that I'm impressed with Mike's actions to date at all, I'm certainly not!

From all the video footage I have seen, the stories I've read and the way he's communication now that he's out, Mike Rinder strikes me as the classical hanger-on. He needs authority, he needs someone to tell him what to do.
That he let it happen to be punched > 50 times by Miscavige shows how deeply seated in his personality this is, which explains why it took little Davy so long to beat this behavioural pattern out of Rinder until he decided to blow.
I believe Marty now fills that void, that gaping hole that Miscavige left behind, though no doubt Rathbun is probably much nicer to him than Miscavige ever was. Rathbun may not order Rinder around, but he's definitely the alpha dog and Mike looks up to him.

As long as Mike is clinging on to Marty I don't see any chance of Mike ever coming clean as you are demanding from him, and as he owes to a great many people.

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
From all the video footage I have seen, the stories I've read and the way he's communication now that he's out, Mike Rinder strikes me as the classical hanger-on. He needs authority, he needs someone to tell him what to do.
<snip>
That's the plan, and I reckon I have a shot at competing with Marty. :coolwink:

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
Trouble is, you're not his role model ;-)

He has chosen the easy path. Blame everything on Miscavige as opposed to actually looking at the root of the problem. Marty is that easy route out for many Scientologists as has been remarked before.

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>
No, but I have friends, and have also been known to get the least expected on board with this endeavour. :)

Also, with truth over bullshit, you've always got a head start and a huge advantage.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

He has chosen the easy path. Blame everything on Miscavige as opposed to actually looking at the root of the problem. Marty is that easy route out for many Scientologists as has been remarked before.
Wait and see, and take care not to underestimate Carmel.

Mystic

Crusader
Mike,
Is your brother your Achilles heel? Is he the reason you can't really step out to the other side? A gun with blanks is being held at Andrew's head. He just doesn't know they are blanks. Taryn and Cathy don't know this either. Nor Pat. You don't have to worry about them. As soon as you really cross over the picket line, they will follow suit. No question. Your brother has a high capacity for truth, Mike. Believe me, Mike, your silence is actually making them stay in the church.

You have been dishonorable....to many, many people...and for many, many years. In your silence you are still the henchman you were. You can't speak out because you haven't actually left yet. You are held in check by your own silence. Don't damn yourself to this purgatory because in doing so you damn many others to it as well.

Unless you are guilty of first degree murder you have no reason to not speak. If you are guilty then go and make a deal for immunity. I personally don't care what you've done or what deal you make. I guess you run the risk that no one will like you, Mike, and you'll lose the little crumbs of admiration you now have. So what? Afraid of the PR? You deserve to pay some price, Mike. Let the cards fall so others can live in peace. A little safety for you comes at a very high price for many others.

Oh Arthur, great posting!!

lurkanon

Patron with Honors
Interesting observations here.

Carmel, good luck, and I hope you are right. Mike is potentially very high value, whereas Marty is indeed a manipulating scumbag and nothing more than noise and a distraction with an ego. I agree there is no hope for Marty, he refuses to answer certain key questions from people (myself included) and cons his adoring followers by heaping praise on those who follow his party line (Marty is King). He seems to need as much adoration as DM, and if you don't adore him sufficiently, you will not be included in his inner circle. After much patient observation, and cutting of slack, I have concluded that he is nothing more than a DM wanna be, and not worth paying any further attention to.

Mike is definitely under Marty's spell, and it is interesting how often Marty gets Mike to write something to back up what he, Marty has said, and vice versa.

Carmel is absolutely spot on in that the key to getting value from Mike is cracking Marty's hold over him. I hope Carmel can pull this off, and that Mike will do the right thing and help bring down a great evil, and so start on the path to redemption. Mike is way more intelliigent than Marty. He is far more valuable than Marty.

Mike - it is time to stop being other-determined and become self-determined. You CAN do it! Come forward, and help bring about justice for all those who have suffered, as you yourself suffered. Do the right thing.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Mike,

Exactly.

Good twin

Floater
Mike,

Yes. :yes: If only......

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
That he let it happen to be punched > 50 times by Miscavige shows how deeply seated in his personality this is, which explains why it took little Davy so long to beat this behavioural pattern out of Rinder until he decided to blow.
I believe Marty now fills that void, that gaping hole that Miscavige left behind, though no doubt Rathbun is probably much nicer to him than Miscavige ever was. Rathbun may not order Rinder around, but he's definitely the alpha dog and Mike looks up to him.

As long as Mike is clinging on to Marty I don't see any chance of Mike ever coming clean as you are demanding from him, and as he owes to a great many people.

Acker, hunderprozentig richtig. Ich sehe ihn auch als den "dienenden" Charakter, das erklärt so ziemlich alles.

AnonKat

Crusader
Acker, hunderprozentig richtig. Ich sehe ihn auch als den "dienenden" Charakter, das erklärt so ziemlich alles.

Ich denke Marty und Mike war beiden sehr introvert Männer und werded geholfen von Scientologie Kominukation Course.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Someone is pronouncing something for the Reischtag, and their character is like Werner Erhart.

Ich denke Marty und Mike war beiden sehr introvert Männer und werded geholfen von Scientologie Kominukation Course.

Marty and Mike are at war and introverting themselves in a manner that golfers do after taking the Scientology communications course.

Ackerland

Patron with Honors

I think Marty was as much introverted before he got into Scientology as Tom Cruise was dyslexic just before he got into Scientology.

Someone is pronouncing something for the Reischtag, and their character is like Werner Erhart.

Who is Werner Erhart?