What's new

AS IF. . .

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
. . .

In sales, there is a little, unseen but very powerful trick called "The Assumptive Close". Prospective buyers are treated as if is assumed they have already decided to purchase the product/service. The issue of whether they actually want or even need the product is taken off the table and not open for discussion.

Scientologists call this manner of controlling people "tone 40" or "8C". They even add their own extra twist to the knot that binds cult members, which is the presumption that the product is not only valuable, but invaluable. Think eternity or its gruesomely unconfrontable alternative:

"The whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman and child on it and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology. This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the trap now, we may never again have another chance."

The compelling, but always invisible, psychological force that is brought to bear down with its full weight upon Scientologists' weary shoulders is a weapon, as if there is no choice:

"When somebody enrolls, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe--never permit an "open minded" approach. If they're going to quit let them quit fast. If they enrolled, they're aboard, and if they're aboard, they're here on the same terms as the rest of us--win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half-minded about being Scientologists."

Never permit. Never let them. How's that for "total freedom" and the "return of full self-determinism"? LOL.

As if is the invisible crazy glue that cements Scientologists into their trudging-forward, zombie-like walk through life. One of the most insidiously effective ones is this:

Scientologists are willing to do virtually any nonsensical or harmful act to self/others, as if the tech works (and in the end it will turn out fine and everyone will live happily ever after).

Jump

Operating teatime
. . .

In sales, there is a little, unseen but very powerful trick called "The Assumptive Close". Prospective buyers are treated as if is assumed they have already decided to purchase the product/service. The issue of whether they actually want or even need the product is taken off the table and not open for discussion.

Scientologists call this manner of controlling people "tone 40" or "8C". They even add their own extra twist to the knot that binds cult members, which is the presumption that the product is not only valuable, but invaluable. Think eternity or its gruesomely unconfrontable alternative:

"The whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman and child on it and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology. This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the trap now, we may never again have another chance."

The compelling, but always invisible, psychological force that is brought to bear down with its full weight upon Scientologists' weary shoulders is a weapon, as if there is no choice:

"When somebody enrolls, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe--never permit an "open minded" approach. If they're going to quit let them quit fast. If they enrolled, they're aboard, and if they're aboard, they're here on the same terms as the rest of us--win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half-minded about being Scientologists."

Never permit. Never let them. How's that for "total freedom" and the "return of full self-determinism"? LOL.

As if is the invisible crazy glue that cements Scientologists into their trudging-forward, zombie-like walk through life. One of the most insidiously effective ones is this:

Scientologists are willing to do virtually any nonsensical or harmful act to self/others, as if the tech works (and it will all turn out alright in the end).

Yes, it's AS IF they are treating the TRUTH as some kind of manufactured agreement with what someone wants you to think .. oh wait.

Also what sticks in my craw is the whole treating children AS IF they were 'thetans in small bodies'. What an easy thought-stopping meme to use to make people deny children their childhood and the love and affection and quality time they need to grow up and thrive. :clap:

HelluvaHoax!

Scientologists willingly submit and obligate themselves to overwhelming debt, as if their "money flows will increase" by teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Scientologists willingly submit and obligate themselves to overwhelming debt, as if their "money flows will increase" by teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

Teetering? On the brink of?

Since when did you start whitewashing the cult's history and minimizing the harm of the cult, you fucking revisionist?

:coolwink: :biggrin:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
. . .

Scientologists are willing to do virtually any nonsensical or harmful act to self/others, as if the tech works (and in the end it will turn out fine and everyone will live happily ever after).

so true - Scientologist's caving in other Scientologist's is all Scientology is. And for what? No Clears, NO OT's - just a bunch of asshats pretending to know and pretending to be certain!

I should know - I was one of the asshat's that pretended too when I was in!!:lol:

Jump

Operating teatime

Since when did you start whitewashing the cult's history and minimizing the harm of the cult, you fucking revisionist?

The teetering is part of the process. When you fall headlong into bankruptcy and your family falls apart, the cult acts AS IF for some reasons only you know, you did not apply the tech correctly.

Either that or a comma was misplaced and then they act AS IF you would need another few hundred gees to re-do the levels. Don't have it? Too bad.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
The teetering is part of the process. When you fall headlong into bankruptcy and your family falls apart, the cult acts AS IF for some reasons only you know, you did not apply the tech correctly.

Or, most likely your ethics are out. Probably from not donating enough.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Also what sticks in my craw is the whole treating children AS IF they were 'thetans in small bodies'. What an easy thought-stopping meme to use to make people deny children their childhood and the love and affection and quality time they need to grow up and thrive. :clap:
QFT
Thank you!
This is a topic that is a real hot button for me.. More so today then when I first started researching Scn let alone "Scn watching" daily as of 2011.. I know it's bc I just had my baby and while it always bothered me now I have a very emotional reaction to it. So thank you for mentioning this key evil of how Scientology destroys families, abuses children and raises children to become adults with most likely some serious baggage they just didn't need. Life is hard enough being an adult wog raised by your everyday run of the mill dysfunctional wog family..I have the ultimate compassion for the children and the children who become adults raised in Scn.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Either that or a comma was misplaced and then they act AS IF you would need another few hundred gees to re-do the levels. Don't have it? Too bad.

Ah shit.... Back to cramming for me.

HelluvaHoax!

LOLOL

That's funny. I really disliked that too and was planning to change it. Thanks for reminding me!!

Okay, I am diving back into that post to improve the suppressiveness of my suppression.

HelluvaHoax!

EDIT: A fellow SP (noname) has helped me to see that my suppression of Sector Salvagers is kinda reasonable. Here, let me try to do an amends and make up for the lack of damage. . .

Scientologists willingly submit and obligate themselves to overwhelming debt, as if their "money flows will increase" by driving themselves into bankruptcy and worse.​

In addition to this effective blow to the enemy, I have also helped contribute to the fall of Scientology by promoting to others to use windex and micro-fiber cloths to clean windows, rather than ammonia and newspapers.

:hattip:

Jump

Operating teatime
I must admit, ammonia and newspaper does make for sparkley clean windows.

However, a clubbed seal would use that info AS IF it proved that 'scientology works and it helps people'. :duh:

HelluvaHoax!

Scientologists terminatedly handle people who tell the truth (like "SP" Paulette Cooper) by insanely & criminally "manufacturing crimes" like framing them for bomb threats so they are unjustly imprisoned--as if they are creating a world without insanity & criminality.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
EDIT: A fellow SP (noname) has helped me to see that my suppression of Sector Salvagers is kinda reasonable. Here, let me try to do an amends and make up for the lack of damage. . .

Scientologists willingly submit and obligate themselves to overwhelming debt, as if their "money flows will increase" by driving themselves into bankruptcy and worse.​

In addition to this effective blow to the enemy, I have also helped contribute to the fall of Scientology by promoting to others to use windex and micro-fiber cloths to clean windows, rather than ammonia and newspapers.

:hattip:

Ammonia? The amazing tech bequeathed to us that I read only mentioned wet newspapers, you squirrel!

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
. . .

<snip>

In recent years, several cold-callers have tried to use that technique with me and it's really one of the best ways to piss me off and to make absolutely sure that I will never do any business with whomever they represent.

Do people really fall for that shit?

Story time:
Cold caller wakes me up after a hard night's work (bad move #1), tries that technique on me (bad move #2) and doesn't accept a friendly "No thanks" (bad move #3). So I get a little more ugh... "explicit":

Caller: "You called me a stupid asshole!"
I: "Yes, because that's what you are. Want me to get more explicit? Because I'd be happy to oblige."
Caller: "You know I can sue you for that insult, right?"
I: "Fine, go ahead. I'd love to inform the judge about your illegal sales methods." (Cold calls are illegal in Germany)

I can't remember the rest of the conversation which was some more wake-wrong-tech from him. When it was no longer amusing, I just hung up the phone.

7 hours later that idiot called again and tried another technique: "I'm so sorry, I was so wrong, I want to apologize yadda yadda yadda. Now about my product: Are you still absolutely sure you don't want it?"

LOL, some people never learn. :biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

Scientologists knowingly laugh when L. Ron Hubbard says he was "nearly run over by a freight train on Venus the other day", as if enjoying time with a sociopathic liar is part of a modern science of mental health.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

A young man, who used to be on staff, finished off his contract and during the credit bubble where anyone could get credit - did not even have to have a job...:whistling: went off to FLAG (The MECCA of technical EXTORTION) to do his "Bridge" and left his Wife and small children at home to fend for herself. She was on staff...so her children stayed with a 14 year old sister of a staff member along with a few other poor kids, whose parents were on staff.

He cranked up his credit cards and bought up to Power and stayed at Flag for a LONG time to complete the Bridge. Due to the powerful mind control techniques used by the REGGES at the MECCA of HELL - he also did ALL THREE L'S!

When he came back - he acted like quite the moron - all puffed up, 10 feet tall and bullet proof. He continued to purchase more MEST like the money grew on trees. He was an "L's" completion. The money will just flow to him!

Life soon kicked his ass and reality of having to pay off the credit cards with REAL CASH - soon bestowed him and his wife.

Their house was foreclosed on, cars repossessed and a slew of lawsuits from creditors. They lost everything!!

He filed bankruptcy and showed absolutely no remorse.

He stated something about "pirates and bums" and said it was HIS fault, he did not apply the correct ethics formula....:duh: and he WAS NOT CLEAR

His wife left staff and they did not come around much after that fun trip up the Bridge to Bankruptcy and Foreclosure, compliments of the Church of Scientology.

I wonder if he will go CLEAR and OAT TEA? He certainly should have the "power" to do that after doing all three L's...:wink2:and POWER PLUS!!

He really was the "source" of all of his create! LOL Oh, if he would only say those magical words..."I created my reactive mind but can stop it and control it" - this would have never happened!!:lol:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientologists terminatedly handle people who tell the truth (like "SP" Paulette Cooper) by insanely & criminally "manufacturing crimes" like framing them for bomb threats so they are unjustly imprisoned--as if they are creating a world without insanity & criminality.

:hysterical: