What's new

Asking For Some Help....

ItzMeRon

Patron
Ladies & Gentleman of this forum,

This is my first post here. However, I have been following your cause for a long time.

My name is Ron. I live 10 minutes from Clearwater, Florida. Knowing the truth in life did not truly start for me until I discovered the truth about Scientology. I speak about the truth of Scientology as I can.

I will not bullshit you all. I come from another forum. The forum is the the zeitgeist movement. I do not know if you have seen the Zeitgeist films but it is something I believe in and find to be true. My post and words here today are not trying to sell you on the message whatsoever. It is not my intention. The reason why I come here today is to make you all aware of something that kinda worries me.

The Zeitgeist Movement forums only started nearly a month ago. Since then, I have been able to positivly identify one admitting Scientologist and another person supporting them. The first, I cannot find the post, but it is in my profile of posts on these boards. The second is here:

http://thezeitgeistmovement.com/joo...fireboard&Itemid=3&func=view&catid=8&id=28963

The second poster said he was a level 2 before clear.

Here is what I am asking for:

I know there is a massive amount of information relating to Scientology and religion over all between everyone posting here. I would like someone with expert knowledge to speak on the Cut of Scientology in the Zeitgeist Movement forums. Please speak of your personal experence. Please give videos or whatever you can. Tell them I sent you. I do not care. The important fact is to list information and even personal experences about Scientology so people know better and understand concepts of religion. This is important.

The admin of this forum is not taking me to seriously as far as Scientology and the danger it poses, or so I feel. I am finding Scientologist are visting our forums already and posting. These people need help. And so, I am asking for your help.

If you are a person who can speak on religion and/or Scientology, please visit our forums. My feeling is not enough people know the truth about this organization and I want to see the truth shine true.

Here is the link for the forums:

http://thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/

You all already do the world good and are helping to do it better with your stance. I ask for your consideration on this matter and helping by simple imput on the matter of Scientology and/or Religion. Thank you for your time.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome ItzMeRon,

Well isn't life a wonderful thing. I have just watched the Zeitgeist movies - a few evenings ago. How timely of you to pop in here.

I see your problem. Completely.

I know others who are aware of the Zeitgeist movement. I shall send out the pigeons with messages.

Thank God for the internet!

ItzMeRon

Patron
Welcome ItzMeRon,

Well isn't life a wonderful thing. I have just watched the Zeitgeist movies - a few evenings ago. How timely of you to pop in here.

I see your problem. Completely.

I know others who are aware of the Zeitgeist movement. I shall send out the pigeons with messages.

Thank God for the internet!

Thank you. You do not know how overjoyed I am at your response.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Thank you. You do not know how overjoyed I am at your response.
Another idea for you; you could always post a link to ESMB on your forum.
That way Zeitgisters who are interested would be exposed to a LOT of information about scientology, information good and bad from many viewpoints.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome ItzmeRon,

I am really glad you posted here. I am still connected with lots of Scientologist who are in and they do promote the Zeitgeist video. I did not know that they had a forum. I think I'll join and see what my old cult members have to say.

Again thanks for posting.If you want to comunicate with me in private just PM me. Maybe we can help each other to free those who are already in or those who might be thinking :omg: of joining that distructive cult.

TP

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The admin of this forum is not taking me to seriously as far as Scientology and the danger it poses, or so I feel. I am finding Scientologist are visting our forums already and posting. These people need help. And so, I am asking for your help.

HUH??

I'm sure the admin of this forum is aware of the danger of Scn (or CofS). She's said as much in the past. It's not like this is some new revelation.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
HUH??

I'm sure the admin of this forum is aware of the danger of Scn (or CofS). She's said as much in the past. It's not like this is some new revelation.

He feels the admin of the zeitgeist forum does not think as it should regarding scientology...

In otherwords it is fertile ground to black pr scientology.

He is asking for help to go to the zeitgeist board and convince people scientology is bad by a proponderance of similar opinion, as facts and discussion is too difficult.

But He should be cautioned that bringing other boards troubles to esmb is considered bad form by the mods and admin here.... :whistling:

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome: ItzmeRon!

I've seen that Zeitgist video...rather interesting, but strange! :ohmy:

Someone here said that scientologists are promoting this Zeitgist movie. Why would they do that? I wasn't quite aware that there were scn concepts within it? :unsure:

Anyways, welcome to ESMB! :yes:

And I'll go check out those links you've provided, too, thanks!

ItzMeRon

Patron
He feels the admin of the zeitgeist forum does not think as it should regarding scientology...

In otherwords it is fertile ground to black pr scientology.

He is asking for help to go to the zeitgeist board and convince people scientology is bad by a proponderance of similar opinion, as facts and discussion is too difficult.

But He should be cautioned that bringing other boards troubles to esmb is considered bad form by the mods and admin here.... :whistling:

You are correct on what I mean.

However, I do not mean to bring "other boards troubles to esmb". But yes, I did think about that perspective. My thoughts on this were against it at first, but then again I remember that you all know best and I thought you all would be best qualified to help......And if you wanted to. I am sorry to trouble any of you.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are correct on what I mean.

However, I do not mean to bring "other boards troubles to esmb". But yes, I did think about that perspective. My thoughts on this were against it at first, but then again I remember that you all know best and I thought you all would be best qualified to help......And if you wanted to. I am sorry to trouble any of you.

FYI I am a church member and an "avowed" scientologist.

I kinda resent that you want to interject the anti scientology crusade into the zeitgeist movement...

It is a distraction from important things....there are plenty of other places to soap box about scientology.

Many of the things in the zeitgeist movement parallel what scientology has, and wants to, accomplish, but please do not derail zeitgeist because of your dislike of scientology.

ItzMeRon

Patron
FYI I am a church member and an "avowed" scientologist.

I kinda resent that you want to interject the anti scientology crusade into the zeitgeist movement...

It is a distraction from important things....there are plenty of other places to soap box about scientology.

Many of the things in the zeitgeist movement parallel what scientology has, and wants to, accomplish, but please do not derail zeitgeist because of your dislike of scientology.

You are twisting my meaning and my words in this quote.

You are being disingenuous about why I made this post.

I am sorry you see this as "distracting from important things". I did not.

If you think that "Many of the things in the zeitgeist movement parallel what scientology has, and wants to, accomplish...", then I am afraid you are either out of your mind or did not concept the Zeitgeist Movement very well.

I will never derail Zeitgeist because of my feelings on one topic or another. Do not be silly.

Perhaps all of this can be expected from an "avowed scientologist".

It appears I have come to the wrong place. Thank you all for your time.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are twisting my meaning and my words in this quote.

You are being disingenuous about why I made this post.

I am sorry you see this as "distracting from important things". I did not.

If you think that "Many of the things in the zeitgeist movement parallel what scientology has, and wants to, accomplish...", then I am afraid you are either out of your mind or did not concept the Zeitgeist Movement very well.

I will never derail Zeitgeist because of my feelings on one topic or another. Do not be silly.

Perhaps all of this can be expected from an "avowed scientologist".

"If you think that "Many of the things in the zeitgeist movement parallel what scientology has, and wants to, accomplish...", then I am afraid you are either out of your mind or did not concept the Zeitgeist Movement very well"

Here is a link to the synopsis of the zeitgeist movement from the site:

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/synopsis.htm

Contrast that in part with:

"The Aims of Scientology, by L Ron Hubbard

civilization without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, and where man is free to rise to greater heights, are the aims of Scientology.

First announced to an enturbulated world in 1950, these aims are well within the grasp of our technology.
Nonpolitical in nature, Scientology welcomes any individual of any creed, race or nation.
We seek no revolution. We seek only evolution to higher states of being for the individual and for society.
We are achieving our aims. "

Similar aims, and scientology has a long history of battling the established order, both in government and the private sector, in ways that parrallel wheat the zeitgeist movement is doing.

Scientology was instrumental in breaking open important information about watergate, the pentagon papers, and has gone head to head with intelligence agencies around the world since its inception.

Yes some believe that in the form of the Church of Scientology, the philosophy has been co-opted, me amoung them, but if you were to study the philosophy in abscence of the cultish aspects of the church, you could possibly come to different conclusions about the parrellels.

In your battle against "scientology" you are targeting the symptoms of the church, not the root causes of those symptoms, and mistargeting by too broad an attack.

There....I now feel that I have pee'd into the wind...

ItzMeRon

Patron
"If you think that "Many of the things in the zeitgeist movement parallel what scientology has, and wants to, accomplish...", then I am afraid you are either out of your mind or did not concept the Zeitgeist Movement very well"

Here is a link to the synopsis of the zeitgeist movement from the site:

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/synopsis.htm

Contrast that in part with:

"The Aims of Scientology, by L Ron Hubbard

civilization without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, and where man is free to rise to greater heights, are the aims of Scientology.

First announced to an enturbulated world in 1950, these aims are well within the grasp of our technology.
Nonpolitical in nature, Scientology welcomes any individual of any creed, race or nation.
We seek no revolution. We seek only evolution to higher states of being for the individual and for society.
We are achieving our aims. "

Similar aims, and scientology has a long history of battling the established order, both in government and the private sector, in ways that parrallel wheat the zeitgeist movement is doing.

Scientology was instrumental in breaking open important information about watergate, the pentagon papers, and has gone head to head with intelligence agencies around the world since its inception.

Yes some believe that in the form of the Church of Scientology, the philosophy has been co-opted, me amoung them, but if you were to study the philosophy in abscence of the cultish aspects of the church, you could possibly come to different conclusions about the parrellels.

In your battle against "scientology" you are targeting the symptoms of the church, not the root causes of those symptoms, and mistargeting by too broad an attack.

There....I now feel that I have pee'd into the wind...

The difference between Scientology and TZM, about what you posted is:

LRH and Scientology wrote that crap to bring people in and make more money.

Peter Joseph and The Zeitgeist Movement wrote that to inform people of the truth, regardless of it they joined or not.

Big difference.

You read to me slightly sick with Scientology beliefs.

ItzMeRon

Patron
:welcome: ItzmeRon!

I've seen that Zeitgist video...rather interesting, but strange! :ohmy:

Someone here said that scientologists are promoting this Zeitgist movie. Why would they do that? I wasn't quite aware that there were scn concepts within it? :unsure:

Anyways, welcome to ESMB! :yes:

And I'll go check out those links you've provided, too, thanks!

Scientologists are not promoting the Zeitgist movies or the movement at all. The person you heard that from is either confused or full of crap.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron

I didn't give you much of my time. Sorry. I don't know how many boards I want to be on. It's starting to take too much time. I feel really at home on this one.

But you did come to the right place. Alex is the only one I've seen on this board who claims to be a church member. I think you'll see a lot of other viewpoints, too.

Anyways, if you could sort of surgically remove the ideas in the Aims of Scientology, from the rest of the theory and practice, Alex is right. These are the goals of Zeitgeist, and probably the goals of any logically thinking person. But "Scientology" is such a giant bundle of stuff, good and bad, few non-Scientologists would want to say there is a similarity.

You're welcome here, IMR.

-mac