What's new

Asking For Some Help....

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
The difference between Scientology and TZM, about what you posted is:

LRH and Scientology wrote that crap to bring people in and make more money.

Peter Joseph and The Zeitgeist Movement wrote that to inform people of the truth, regardless of it they joined or not.

Big difference.

You read to me slightly sick with Scientology beliefs.

"LRH and Scientology wrote that crap to bring people in and make more money."

I very sincerely dont believe the above, as do many ex scientologists...some on this forum who actually knew and worked with him.

But if that is your belief, I can understand your animosity. And also your relative unfamiliarity with the volumnious works of Hubbard where he warned against the very things the zeitgeist movement also warns of.

To label me sick is too simple an explanation. Also an indicator of your ignorance.

You came on to this forum trying to raise a personal army. I am also anon and not your personal army.

But in my opinion you are welcome to join the ongoing discussion....

ItzMeRon

Patron
I didn't give you much of my time. Sorry. I don't know how many boards I want to be on. It's starting to take too much time. I feel really at home on this one.

But you did come to the right place. Alex is the only one I've seen on this board who claims to be a church member. I think you'll see a lot of other viewpoints, too.

Anyways, if you could sort of surgically remove the ideas in the Aims of Scientology, from the rest of the theory and practice, Alex is right. These are the goals of Zeitgeist, and probably the goals of any logically thinking person. But "Scientology" is such a giant bundle of stuff, good and bad, few non-Scientologists would want to say there is a similarity.

You're welcome here, IMR.

-mac

Thank you.

But the "aims" make all the difference in the world.

ItzMeRon

Patron
"LRH and Scientology wrote that crap to bring people in and make more money."

I very sincerely dont believe the above, as do many ex scientologists...some on this forum who actually knew and worked with him.

But if that is your belief, I can understand your animosity. And also your relative unfamiliarity with the volumnious works of Hubbard where he warned against the very things the zeitgeist movement also warns of.

To label me sick is too simple an explanation. Also an indicator of your ignorance.

You came on to this forum trying to raise a personal army. I am also anon and not your personal army.

But in my opinion you are welcome to join the ongoing discussion....

Ma'am,

Again, like a Scientologist would, you twist my words and my meaning.

I did not come here to raise a person army. I came here to make people aware that I have identified Scientologist in hopes that people here can help them best, being the people here are more than likely most qualified. I do not need to raise a personal army and nor would I want to. That is just silly.

And you do read sick with Scientology beliefs to me. There was no ignorance about it because you have your own admittance.

I hope you get some real help if you are involved in the Cult of Scientology. Please call Tory Christman. She will help you.

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Ma'am,

Again, like a Scientologist would, you twist my words and my meaning.

Stereotyping and generalizing. Nasty!

And you do read sick with Scientology beliefs to me. There was no ignorance about it because you have your own admittance.

I question the wisdom of calling other contributors "sick".

I hope you get some real help if you are involved in the Cult of Scientology. Please call Tory Christman. She will help you.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows who Tory is. We don't need exit counselling.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
An "avowed" and ex cult (not in CofS) Scn'ist replies

The difference between Scientology and TZM, about what you posted is:

LRH and Scientology wrote that crap to bring people in and make more money.

Only Hubbard and Hubbard alone wrote the alleged "crap" in question.

It's a matter of your opinion as to whether it's crap and why it was written. There's no question in my mind that Hubbard was fanatically interested in money and power. However, I am quite sure from all the reading and research I've done that he was interested in creating a methodology that would actually work. There are many indications that this was so.

Peter Joseph and The Zeitgeist Movement wrote that to inform people of the truth, regardless of it they joined or not.

One person's truth is another person's b.s. We all have varying and individual concepts of what's true and what isn't.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I was calling a spade, a spade.

No, you were posting your opinions about another contributor and you were breaking the rules of conduct of the board.

Here:

Forum Rules

1. Treat others with respect.
You are to respect every other user on the board despite any personal, religious and political differences. The following will not be tolerated:
Personal insults
Ad hominems
Threats or promotion of violence

ItzMeRon

Patron
No, you were posting your opinions about another contributor and you were breaking the rules of conduct of the board.

Here:

Forum Rules

1. Treat others with respect.
You are to respect every other user on the board despite any personal, religious and political differences. The following will not be tolerated:
Personal insults
Ad hominems
Threats or promotion of violence

Oh, please. What a load of crap. I was and am very respectful. And I can remain so as I call it like I see it.

ItzMeRon

Patron
No, calling someone sick is not respectful.

Obviously.

I said she reads slightly sick with Scientology beliefs. I did not call her mentally sick or sick in the head or some other kind of disrespectful remark. I was trying to be as kind and respectful as I could be while being honest and open about my thoughts and remarks. I was explaining why she had the point of view she had. I was arguing against the points and not the person.

Honesty and truth matter more to me than anyone's rules. Also, respect matters to me as well and you will always have my word that I will be so.

It must be sad for those who regard authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority.

And besides, I feel I have not broken any of your "rules" thus far.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It's ad hominem. (Btw, Alex is a guy). It's impolite. That's two things right there. If someone called you slightly sick and told you to get help, you would probably not like it. And whether or not you or anyone thinks a comment like that is true, even if it were true- it's still ad hominem. It's personalized. It's about the person and not the forum/subject matter.

I've reported the post.

If this continues, I will place you and this thread on ignore.

ItzMeRon

Patron
It's ad hominem. (Btw, Alex is a guy). It's impolite. That's two things right there. If someone called you slightly sick and told you to get help, you would probably not like it. And whether or not you or anyone thinks a comment like that is true, even if it were true- it's still ad hominem. It's personalized. It's about the person and not the forum/subject matter.

I've reported the post.

If this continues, I will place you and this thread on ignore.

When someone is part of a cult and makes the opinions they do BECAUSE they are in a cult (brainwashed), then it is not ad hominem at all because I am addressing the substance of the argument very much with the very fact that they are involved in a cult at all and that is why they speak as they do. It falls out of the bounds of belief and now moves into the realm of being brainwashed. I can give you example after example of why you would be wrong here. He also produced evidence I would have needed to make my claim already so I did not have to.

I did call him a Ma'am instead of a Sir based on the pic that was posted. I assumed it was a women and I am sorry for that. Please forgive. I had a friend who was a girl named Alex before.

If multiple people told me to get help or said I was slightly sick with Scientology (because I would then be in a cult), I would wonder why. If it is alot, then I should wonder why. It would be constructive criticism in my mind.

Do not threaten me with ignoring either. You might just do alot of people a favor by doing so at all.

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I don't need to be instructed about mind control, thank you very much. I left CofS. I'm not a member of any group.

And, yes, when you talk about an INDIVIDUAL contributor and say what they should do and that they're sick, then it's ad hominem. Regardless of whatever you think may be behind it.

Ok, you're in my ignore list now.

ItzMeRon

Patron
I don't need to be instructed about mind control, thank you very much. I left CofS. I'm not a member of any group.

And, yes, when you talk about an INDIVIDUAL contributor and say what they should do and that they're sick, then it's ad hominem. Regardless of whatever you think may be behind it.

Ok, you're in my ignore list now.

No wonder why you call yourself "The fool on the hill". I can now agree.

For you to ignore me is no big loss whatsoever.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, that degenerated quickly. :melodramatic:

Ron, could your needs be filled by posting links to stories on this site? If no one else wants to post on Zeitgeist and you think it's really necessary, I will. But somehow it seems more efficient if we could just cross-link or something. There are a lot of stories already here. Plus I'm lazy.

-mac

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well, that degenerated quickly. :melodramatic:

Ron, could your needs be filled by posting links to stories on this site? If no one else wants to post on Zeitgeist and you think it's really necessary, I will. But somehow it seems more efficient if we could just cross-link or something. There are a lot of stories already here. Plus I'm lazy.

-mac

This is what happens when someone has already made up his or her mind about others and posts from and about that perspective more than, say, Scientology. It makes real mutual discussion impossible and was clearly never a match made in heaven to begin with.