Associate with Positive People after leaving SCN

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
This is really special, thank you.

My daughter has experienced some nasty school stuff with girls at her school, and positive affirmations have really helped her. Girls can be so catty and cruel, and being in an all-girls' school has its ups certainly, but it also has its downs. Unfortunately (or fortunately, as it is a very expensive school) she is on a part scholarship with the other half being funded by her grandmother who wouldn't have her go to any other school, but the nasty whispering behind hands and the exclusion-type of bullying has been very cruel, which made it difficult for her last year. She nearly left at the end of last year.

When we were in Sydney, as you know, we joined the protest. My daughter was immediately welcomed by the Anons and accepted for who she is and what she believes. Totally accepted. They made her feel welcome and part of their group. This built her confidence up so much that she held her head high and went back to school on the first day knowing that she was ok. She didn't need to change herself to fit in with the bitchy girls at school, but she is ok for who she is. I obviously have tried hard to help her overcome this, but it was the Anons who sealed it for her, as well as her other out-of-school friends she has in the music scene that she's part of.

I'm going to put this quote onto a poster for her and she can put it in her room. It will help us all.

:goodposting:

:thankyou:

Does anyone remember in about 2001 when a video came out of an interview with some lady who schooled LRHs kids or something? I can t remember her name, she had black curley hair with a big white streak. She ran one of the Scn schools in the US.

This video was touted in our org as the example of how children should be educated. It was used as a briefing for Scnists to convince them to pull their kids out of school and homeschool them instead. The video was a complete pile of verbal tech. She compared schools to "mordor" and that it was evil to send children there. But like your daughter, if kids never got the chance to see what destructive actions can do , and figure out how to handle these situations, they are missing out on a lot of life skills. You daughter now has an advantage in life :yes: Besides, mean kids are everywhere, it doesnt matter what school you go to.

The video had some good points, but lots of things I didnt agree with - eg you shouldnt teach kids to share etc.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
But like your daughter, if kids never got the chance to see what destructive actions can do, and figure out how to handle these situations, they are missing out on a lot of life skills. You daughter now has an advantage in life :yes: Besides, mean kids are everywhere, it doesnt matter what school you go to.

I agree, Cantsay. It's called resilience, and although I really have to fight to hold back tears sometimes when she tells me what it's like some days, I know that she is going to come out better off for dealing with it by holding her head up and carrying on. This is a school where self-harming is almost epidemic, and the use of anti-depressants is as well. Lots of little rich girls who have never been told, No, and when they are they can't deal with it. Sad for them, and sad for society.

But I think my daughter will be fine. She has us supporting her, and she has good self-esteem. She's just a bit different from the other girls at school, speaks her mind, and is very independent and quite mature. She's also very academic and musical which puts her in the 'nerd' category. We might yet pull her out and have her do her last year in a co-ed school, but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for your support! :)

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
High school is probably the hardest stuff she will have to deal with in the next 10 years. If she is coping ok, she is bound to do fabulously afterwards! Good luck, and dont stress too much!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Doc,

Associate With Positive People? Yes.:thumbsup:

One of the most positive persons that I ever met after I got out of SCN and back into college was a post-doctoral researcher in nematology. I really liked her a lot, Dr. Freckman. She let me do all the math analysis on one of her papers and I was surprised that she let me do all that. (She later went to Antartica to do more research. I was pleasantly surprised some years later when I saw her on TV on an educational channel.)