What's new

Assorted ANZO dox 1982

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
I received some old documents from an ex on this board, I have since digitised them :)

The set includes:

• ANZO Buccaneers Birthday Game Results 1982. Here is an artwork sample -

Classic artwork, you don't see 'em like that anymore. Great pirate lingo as well: "Ahoy 'me Bucco's its General Jo and her SYDD crew racing to the front this week with the top score of 27 points this week!"
  • The ANZO DIV6 Boom Makers newsletter Issue 11 1982
    I like this one because it has a section on quotas, where the top performing devision wins a cake, yes a cake!
  • ANZO Star newsletter 1982
    A lot of old names and stats in here for ANZO ex's to reminisce over.
  • An ANZO SO application/questionnaire circa 1980's
    Contains an unintelligible, undated LRH message.

I also have a couple of FLAG documents, no point creating another thread so I will lump them in here, they include:

• What appears to be a FLB SO newsletter, Vol XV, Issue 101, 11 April 1982.
    It includes a commendation for Karen Jentzsch :)
  • An poorly preserved telex copy, noteworthy for saying "What this means is that we can honestly and realistically clear the planet in 5 yrs" (1981)

Download a zip of the pdf's here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8qbs21o19biswt4/anzo_leaks_1982.zip

If you have troves of old unreleased ANZO SCN documents you would like digitised contact me and I may be able to help :)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
:omg: I remember this stuff! Interesting to see the size of some of the Org complements back then and compare it to today's orgs. :melodramatic:

randomx

Patron with Honors
I was told shortly after these pirate sketches stopped appearing that
they had been drawn by Mark Harris at the CLO Sydney. (Still in)

It had been adjudicated by someone in authority that these drawings were
enmest and entheta.

Mark was removed from post and a new theme for keeping up the birthday game stats was created.

I used to like getting these. They made transferring the contents of my comm basket to the round file really quick. Quite nostalgic for me seeing this again.
Thanks for posting it.

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Hmm, I was there from 80-83, Mark Harris was the cook most of that time, I remember these and thought they were done by Lou ? the Cont Mimeo Officer, a Kiwi who was a graphic artist by trade, consistently upset that his skill was wasted by having to crank that mimeo machine. We were still using hand crank mimeo machines in 83 with wax and graphite stencils!!

Yep, if you look closely at the sail, roughly middle of the right hand side you can see Lou's sig, can't remember or read his last name.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, you're correct, Mike. The artist was Lou Alach.

Lou left the SO and resumed his Graphic Arts career. I haven't seen nor heard anything of him for years. He had a bad case of emphysema and may well have passed on.

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Karen Delac has a commend in one of those docs for 100% FNVGIs, someone more tech savy than me should send it to her!

Purple Rain

Crusader
I remember Sue Langley talking about how there used to be a real "spirit of play" at the CLO ANZO. These materials reminded me of that conversation. She often had anecdotes about special things the execs would do for the crew, and just how different the general atmosphere was at the time.

Marion Whitta was the ACT Pgms Chief HFA (held from above) while I was there. She always struck me as a very gracious lady - tough but fair. I think there was a story that she had been healed from something by Scientology - I don't know if it was something to do with polio - but she was certainly very dedicated.

I know some of the ACT names, even though they were before my time. Ines Prior was killed in a car accident. I remember one of our OT public (her former best friend) joking that she had "finally got her ethics in". Ines had been declared for "out-tech" or some kind of tech crime. I don't think the org ever did as well after that.

Russ Bradbury I ran into in a mediaeval group. He was apparently declared for violating the supervisor's code. He did later send a girlfriend in to the org and she did some services and joined staff for a while, but of course there was a lot of pressure on her to handle the "PTS sit" of being connected to someone who hadn't done their A-E steps.

I never met Keith Luscombe, but I knew his ex-partner and son. They always hoped he would come back to Scientology.

That is all quite fascinating really. Just seeing a WDC telex again is interesting, and makes me feel kind of cold inside. They would have had to have an answer for that now, now, now. A WDC telex was always top priority. It's funny how wrong they were about clearing the planet in five years though. I wonder if they ever believed that themselves.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I remember Sue Langley talking about how there used to be a real "spirit of play" at the CLO ANZO. These materials reminded me of that conversation. She often had anecdotes about special things the execs would do for the crew, and just how different the general atmosphere was at the time.

Marion Whitta was the ACT Pgms Chief HFA (held from above) while I was there. She always struck me as a very gracious lady - tough but fair. I think there was a story that she had been healed from something by Scientology - I don't know if it was something to do with polio - but she was certainly very dedicated.

I know some of the ACT names, even though they were before my time. Ines Prior was killed in a car accident. I remember one of our OT public (her former best friend) joking that she had "finally got her ethics in". Ines had been declared for "out-tech" or some kind of tech crime. I don't think the org ever did as well after that.

Russ Bradbury I ran into in a mediaeval group. He was apparently declared for violating the supervisor's code. He did later send a girlfriend in to the org and she did some services and joined staff for a while, but of course there was a lot of pressure on her to handle the "PTS sit" of being connected to someone who hadn't done their A-E steps.

I never met Keith Luscombe, but I knew his ex-partner and son. They always hoped he would come back to Scientology.

That is all quite fascinating really. Just seeing a WDC telex again is interesting, and makes me feel kind of cold inside. They would have had to have an answer for that now, now, now. A WDC telex was always top priority. It's funny how wrong they were about clearing the planet in five years though. I wonder if they ever believed that themselves.

What a chillingly evil statement (bolded). God.:omg:

I liked Marion, she was a straight shooter... anyone know where she is now?

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron

Still in, apparently. She appears to be VM I/C or something like that. She was a good girl indeed. Marion, wherever you are, get the hell out and get in touch with us!

Purple Rain

Crusader

It was chilling - even at the time when I was more accepting of that sort of 'meat body' point of view. The worst part was that she physically witnessed the accident on the way to work - drove past the site and recognised the car as belonging to Ines. Then she couldn't wait to tell us all about it with absolute glee - face wreathed with smiles. The funny thing is she's not at all an evil person, just totally indoctrinated into that belief system. I have quite a soft spot for this person.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

<snip>

The statement seems evil, but was it really? Because I've observed several accidents (some were fatal) and I saw some pretty strange behavior from some people who were also there. Could it be that this was just her immediate reaction? Her way to deal with what must have had a huge emotional impact on her if she really was her best friend?

Was she still smiling about that a few days later?

Just askin'

randomx

Patron with Honors
I was definitely told that Mark Harris did the pirate cartoons.

Now I find out that I was lied to.

This has put me in shock.
To find out that Scientology lies.

Okay... I`m over it.

I see other comments here about... so and so was nice etc.

The reality is, They were nice while you were cooperating.
As soon as you stop playing the game, every single one of them would throw you under the bus.
It was the ethical thing to do.

Still.... all brilliantly entertaining people for the most part.

Sadness

Patron
Amazing how things changed. Too bad we're all made into zombies hungering for stats instead of brains.

If the energy of those folks could be used for positive good perhaps we wouldn't have so many people protesting over the broken social contract.

I sympathise with those brave ones. I feel the same anger toward my youth stolen by the cult

It is surreal to see these things.

Purple Rain

Crusader
The statement seems evil, but was it really? Because I've observed several accidents (some were fatal) and I saw some pretty strange behavior from some people who were also there. Could it be that this was just her immediate reaction? Her way to deal with what must have had a huge emotional impact on her if she really was her best friend?

Was she still smiling about that a few days later?

Just askin'

Yes, she was.

Purple Rain

Crusader
That is sad...

EDIT:
However, if she really truly believed that her friend was better off now, she still wouldn't be evil, IMHO. Just deluded.

Oh, she's definitely not evil. As I said, I have a very soft spot for this woman. I think she genuinely was happy that her former friend was "getting her ethics in" as she saw it. However, there was also that element of schadenfreude because it proved that suppressiveness doesn't pay. It basically made her right in her own eyes for her acceptance of the PTS/SP doctrine, and reaffirmed her belief in it.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Oh, she's definitely not evil. As I said, I have a very soft spot for this woman. I think she genuinely was happy that her former friend was "getting her ethics in" as she saw it. However, there was also that element of schadenfreude because it proved that suppressiveness doesn't pay. It basically made her right in her own eyes for her acceptance of the PTS/SP doctrine, and reaffirmed her belief in it.

Thanks for explaining that, I think I understand better now. The Schadenfreude bit throws me off a a bit, though.