What's new

Atack: What David Mayo told me about L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology, and the upper levels

RogerB

Crusader
I've moved on from Scn. I think a lot of curious, brave souls have gotten involved in scn for all the good reasons. They were people that would dare go against social norms, in search of answers to life's most enigmatic and unanswered questions. I think some of the bravest people in the world have gotten involved. But I moved on as a great many of you have done.
Yes, you are correct on all points you make above. The guys and gals that got in in the '50's and early '60's were a rather special bunch. It is sad that Hubbard did not match them in good intent, but instead was promoting a con based on humankind's long, long standing wish to know the truths of our existence.

And welcome, Julie!

RogerB

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Yes, you are correct on all points you make above. The guys and gals that got in in the '50's and early '60's were a rather special bunch. It is sad that Hubbard did not match them in good intent, but instead was promoting a con based on humankind's long, long standing wish to know the truths of our existence.

And welcome, Julie!

RogerB
Ya, the cats around here aren't buying it.

46269dd0f24f0135172e005056a9545d

Terril park

Sponsor
I've moved on from Scn. I think a lot of curious, brave souls have gotten involved in scn for all the good reasons. They were people that would dare go against social norms, in search of answers to life's most enigmatic and unanswered questions. I think some of the bravest people in the world have gotten involved. But I moved on as a great many of you have done.
Condolences.

I've had some revelatory experiences with Scn
processing but am also happy to look at other ideas.

Would you like to tell us what you moved onto?

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've had some revelatory experiences with Scn processing but am also happy to look at other ideas.

Hmmm.... maybe picking up ruthless evicted BT's and providing them a safe environment ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gib

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think that David did go into some detail in his publications and lectures. From the AAC onwards through IRM and Causality I think he was very explicit in his ideas. I think he mapped the route out. But I also think his views were beneficial in their own right.

Hi Julie, good to hear from you. I was referring to what he said in "Reconnection" which wasn't really a serious tech discussion journal but a means for people, mostly in the UK, who had either been kicked out of the CofS in 1982 or left in disgust to talk and share ideas about what to do or where to go next. (It had some humour too.) I'm glad to see that he did this elsewhere.

Gib

Crusader
Thanks Julie for answering my question. David did PM a few years ago regarding a post I made and he asked a question. At the time I didn't know if it was him, paranoid I was, how to prove it that he was David Mayo. We had a few PM's back and forth and I answered his question truthfully. I'm afraid I got in in 1987 and didn't know much about his court case nor excess to files. In fact when I got in, I never heard of you two, not until 2012 when I started researching the internet.

When Tony O posted his passing, I did cry for I have seen his videos on you tube, what a good soul, I am sad.

I do have another question if you don't mind. Can you confirm the story of Hubbard telling David and Bill Franks about ARCX's causing blows and not withholds?

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I'd like to know what happened to the tech training videos that came out in 1981. I got to watch four of them in the basement of the Miami Org on Giralda St in Coral Gables. I think they were directed by LRH having given David the script. His very first acting debut? . Many 5th invader themes including a doll who's sense of smell is so keen he can get drunk from sniffing a discarded bottle. One was a story where David as C/S found the psychiatrist SP who made some celebrity woman go PTS. Anyway, though kinda cheaply done, they were amusing. Researchers have found just about everything the C of S has pulled from view. The archivists have found it all.....but not these little souvenirs of a time gone by, just prior to the shit hitting the fan.

I was cleaning a minute ago preparing to move some things. I often have my photos stuck in books. Not as bookmarks, but just a habit. Came across at least a dozen old pics tonight. Who prints them any more. Serendipitous to find this photo of David where he talked about the Happiness RD pilot.
This was a Flag mission event held at the Sheraton, Miami Beach in the summer of 81. I had taken several photos of the Miami C/S and others plying David with questions.

Wearing a white suit was the latest thing.

4dzijP.gif
20180223_003625.jpg

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
And thank you for the validation but even more so thank you for the permission for us also to move on.
Maybe some of us have just been waiting for a highly respected terminal to let us know that it's more than OK to move on, it's vital to.
Maybe you didn't know that this is what you were in effect doing but nonetheless thank you ever so much!
But then again I think you knew.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Condolences.

I've had some revelatory experiences with Scn
processing but am also happy to look at other ideas.

she said she moved on, not onto. To me that means she left because the subject was not worthy of further study.

No clears or OT's, aye Terl?

Julie Mayo

Patron
When we look back historically, I think that the AAC will be looked upon as an advancement. Then in 1986, we started a whole new venture with the Institute for Research into Metapsychology. Then we developed Causality. Two of the most important components were getting physical exercise and getting further educated.

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I was just thinking of you and David when you came on. I was looking at pics of Christ's College Cambridge and thinking of the Cambridge Platonists and how many great movements there have been, researching how spirit works with the mechanics of the world. I was looking at a few essays under the heading of metaphysics too. Especially what has been studied at Stanford. I thought it was an advancement too, to take IRM and get it away from what Scn had been. By whatever labels we call our mental and spiritual phenomena, there is still perceived something there worth investigating obviously. I think it was wise that David moved toward objectivity instead of subjectivity. I mean, if you're going to look at Causing things, instead of rummaging around the mind.

I like to think of David having moved on to someplace like Cambridge or whatnot, where like minded researchers are still working on the secrets of the universe. LOL. Sincerely though.

In so many other religious beliefs as well as in ancient cults of the Greeks, spiritual phenomena was discussed without snickering about BTs. Spiritual structures, essences and natures seeming to animate living things were probably like phenomena observed by ancients , only without projection a story of a galactic despot. Well, maybe....actually, there were many ruthless despots in those religious myths. Certain natural phenomena were considered to be locked in a fixed pattern as a result of the previous battles between envious gods.

I thank you guys for bringing the spirit of humanism with you when you came out of the C of S. It got many to break the habit of doing penance under the disdain of a critical church which viewed people as evil doers who must be flogged ...sec checked until we were spiritually pure. The 'purity' game and going back round again thru the paces til you deserve immortality is old. Once, when Ken Urquhart had me in session I protested that I felt sentenced to here as a 'punishment' by some chastising tribunal. With compassion, he asked if I could remember WHAT it was I had done wrong. No, nothing, he knowingly nodded in empathy. A guilt trip. LOL. It was like the C of S at that time had taken on the identity of the gatekeepers, giving no one a pass thru to their true freedom.

Tonight, before clicking here, I was reading up on where the term 'metaphysics' came from. I think the term 'Metapsychology' was aptly chosen for the subject you had chosen to research.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/plotinus/

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Yes its ambiguous. For example Alan Walter moved on
after Scn and onto Knowledgism.
well, I won't be ambiguous. The day you state "there are no clears or OT's but I did get some wins from doing scientology", I'll be happy.

Until then, nope.

PS, that's the clear of scientology/Hubbard cognition, and it costs nothing!

Terril park

Sponsor
well, I won't be ambiguous. The day you state "there are no clears or OT's but I did get some wins from doing scientology", I'll be happy.

Until then, nope.

PS, that's the clear of scientology/Hubbard cognition, and it costs nothing!
I like Mayo's idea that one gets clearer.

With regard to OT I'm less clear. (excuse the pun) I
learned to ext at will before I had even heard of Scn.
This may be considered to fall under the various defs
of Theta Clear.

Then I separated from someone who was at least theta clear on OT 2. Totally happy in a dis incarnate state. She fits
in the definition of OT. Something I've not obtained. I
know someone who was able to go ext and travel without a
body. She has never done Scn.

So I've had some personal experience of theta clear and
interacted with a dis incarnate OT.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

of Theta Clear.

Then I separated from someone who was at least theta clear on OT 2. Totally happy in a dis incarnate state. She fits

No. Please find out how to describe NON-Scientology experiences without using Hubbard's words. "Clear" is a word describing something Hubbard made up -- NOT anything outside of Scientology. There are actual, real words that exist for experiences outside of Hubbard's little cult. Find them. Use them.

"OT" is a word made up by Hubbard to describe some Scientology concepts. There are actual, real words that exist for NON-Scientology things you are describing. Find out the real world terms for these things because, by your own words, they are not related to Scientology.

You think you are communicating but, by conflating real world experiences with Hubbard's non-applicable and Scientology-specific terms, you are confusing things. It would be better if you stopped doing that.

Please.

Gib

Crusader

of Theta Clear.

everybody, I hope, is clearer about any subject.

For instance, when we was young we learned 1 plus 1 equals two. And then we learned algebra, and then calculus, and so on. So we become clearer about mathematics.

For instance, our car doesn't start, worked perfectly fine the day before. So we research and become clearer on why it didn't start.

Hubbard and scientology specifically state clear and OT, he sort of gave a reason to be Clear and OT. That reason was was actually simply having perfect recall and health, and also in our "whole track" in the OT levels.

I'm afraid your story just doesn't do it for me. In other words, I don't believe you. Your story is just another Hubbard story.

If you can provide proof of your story, I'm all ears.

Terril park

Sponsor
everybody, I hope, is clearer about any subject.

For instance, when we was young we learned 1 plus 1 equals two. And then we learned algebra, and then calculus, and so on. So we become clearer about mathematics.

For instance, our car doesn't start, worked perfectly fine the day before. So we research and become clearer on why it didn't start.

Hubbard and scientology specifically state clear and OT, he sort of gave a reason to be Clear and OT. That reason was was actually simply having perfect recall and health, and also in our "whole track" in the OT levels.

I'm afraid your story just doesn't do it for me. In other words, I don't believe you. Your story is just another Hubbard story.

If you can provide proof of your story, I'm all ears.
Its my story. My experience of ext. predates my
knowledge of Scn and Hubbard.

I can't prove it.

A google of "Proof of spirirtuality" might lead in that
direction. Here's one from the first page.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/biocentrism/201112/does-the-soul-exist-evidence-says-yes