What's new

Attention! Important notice concerning Lucas Catton

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
ethercat wrote over at Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum:

on: September 16, 2012, 10:10

It has come to my attention that someone is using the email address [email protected] WHO IS NOT THE REAL Lucas Catton. It is extremely important if you receive an email from that address that you realize IT IS NOT "CoolHand" Luke, and that you do not respond as if it is.

Please DON'T BE FOOLED.

Also, please post this message far and wide, so everyone can be informed that [email protected] is an IMPOSTER.

As far as I can tell, the real Lucas "CoolHand" Catton, aka Luke, is the real thing.

Also posted in the Forum News section of this forum.

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11463.msg26022.html#msg26022

CoolHand replied:

Re: Attention! Important notice concerning Lucas Catton
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 13:21

Wow, thank you for posting. If anyone does receive or has received any emails from whoever is trying to impersonate me, please send me a PM.

- Luke

AnonyMary

Thanks, Mary and Ethercat.

That's pretty adolescent behavior -- on (I assume?) OSA's part.

Any PMs to me may also be sent to:

[email protected]

TG1

Very funny!

I'm presuming that someone registered to the forum using that email address and that is how it came to ethercat's attention. She's a moderator there.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
ethercat wrote over at Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum:

on: September 16, 2012, 10:10

It has come to my attention that someone is using the email address [email protected] WHO IS NOT THE REAL Lucas Catton. It is extremely important if you receive an email from that address that you realize IT IS NOT "CoolHand" Luke, and that you do not respond as if it is.

Please DON'T BE FOOLED.

Also, please post this message far and wide, so everyone can be informed that [email protected] is an IMPOSTER.

As far as I can tell, the real Lucas "CoolHand" Catton, aka Luke, is the real thing.

Also posted in the Forum News section of this forum.

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11463.msg26022.html#msg26022

CoolHand replied:

Re: Attention! Important notice concerning Lucas Catton
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 13:21

Wow, thank you for posting. If anyone does receive or has received any emails from whoever is trying to impersonate me, please send me a PM.

- Luke

ReallY? OSA what a bunch of fucking retards.

OSA, Shame on you for being so damn stupid.

CoolHand

Patron with Honors
Thanks AnonyMary and Ethercat. Yes, juvenile for sure. Apparently they've gotten wind of some things brewing behind the scenes, or they're just idiots. On second thought, it's probably the latter :coolwink: whether it's OSA-related or not.

AnonyMary

Update on Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum:

ethercat
Global Moderator

Mary, thank you for reposting on OCMB, ESMB, and FB.

Quote from: billybob on September 16, 2012, 18:31

Interested to know what prompted this warning...
Has there been an active attempt to undermine Lucas Catton in some way?
Possibility that it's an OSA op?

The email address has been used for at least one purpose, to register an account here. It is (or at least, was) receiving email. Luke confirmed that it is not his email address. I don't know if anyone has received email from that address; I hope if someone has, they will speak up.

The account was used to try to intimidate or fish for info from a member here. It didn't work. I will not say anything more about this incident, though.

I can't think of a legitimate reason why someone would sign up [email protected], come to a forum focused on Narconon and other scientology front groups, and then use the account that way, can you?

Considering how damaging Luke's knowledge could be to the Narconon operation, it wouldn't surprise me to find out he might be on the receiving end of some ops, but I'll let Luke comment on that, if he wants to.

Normally, I would not divulge anyone's registration info. I don't view impersonation of a high-profile defector as a normal situation, or one that warrants any concern for the impersonator's privacy. I don't want anyone to be deceived and fall into harm's way.
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11463.msg26058.html#msg26058