Patron
Auditing Recalls with 56 perceptics. I'm wondering if there's
a tech. terminal with experience who will give a round up on
the percentage of people who can run basic Dianetics processes,
running out locks, secondaries and engrams against those
who are not up to it. This I believe is sorted out on the Bridge,
with ARC Straightwire. Can you reveal your experiences as
a PC, and what you experienced when you recall an event in an
auditing session, i.e. what do you perceive.

What percentage of people out of the general populace do you think
have the ability to be run on basic Dianetics technology; and does ARC
Straightwire sort this out?

My guess is that less than 10 percent of people can recall past events,
to the extent of having charge release. Also that ARC Straightwire,
(which is the running processes out of the book Self Analysis) would work
on that same percentage to any appreciable degree, and only slight
improvements over 100's of hours are possible.

Has anyone experienced a huge ability increase to recall life events on
the lower levels Scientology?

Veda

Sponsor

The "56 (55?) perceptics" - so I was told - was the result of posting a list of "perceptics" and inviting others to add to it. The book, 'Self Analysis' uses a far shorter (and more realistic "perceptics" list), and "ARC Straightwire" is a simple recall process that doesn't necessary involve a set list of "perceptics."

It's easier to "run locks" (unpleasant "key ins"), than it is "secondaries" (loses, which could be said to be a kind of heavy "lock"), and "engrams" would be the most difficult, as these (per theory) would contain pain, threat to survival, and (degrees of) unconsciousness, and even these "engrams" would be a kind of "lock" on the "basic engram," which was (1950) supposed to be around birth, or the prenatal area, or even conception, then became (with Hubbard attempting to upset his former business partner Don Purcell) ("basis basic") from "trillions of years" ago.

There are some who do not have "mental imagery" in their "recall." In Dianetics, it's common practice to ask the person, "What do you see?" and for these folks that's a problem. They have other senses ("perceptics") in recall but not the visual, so cannot see "mental image pictures," and were usually regarded as difficult cases, that is until Hubbard decided that almost everyone was already "Clear" and should exit the "Missions" and flock "up lines" with their checkbooks in hand, at which point having any sort of difficulty "running Dianetics" usually meant the person was probably already "Clear." Being "Clear," the person could be placed on a program, at an "upper org," where Hubbard had easier access to the money - that is prior to his looting the "Missions".

I've no idea what percentage of the populace can "run Dianetics," but the percentages would likely dwindle as one went from "lock" to "secondary" to "engram" to "basic engram," then "basic basic engram" to super-engram, etc. (It goes on and on, potentially, just turn up the sensitivity on your e-meter).

I can't say that I, personally, "experienced a huge ability increase to recall life events" on the "lower levels," as my ability to recall was already pretty good.

As for "PCs," it varies. In Scientology/Dianetics, under the pressure of expectation to recall past lives, PCs will indeed recall "past lives," and much of that, IMO, is imagination. (I know one could check for "dub in," but that's seldom done, and pretty much anything is accepted, with the auditor usually delighted that the e-meter is behaving as expected (needle falls, TA rises, TA blows down, PC has cognition, "VGIs," needle floats, etc.)

Having looked at a fair amount of PC folders (in $cientology), a lot of the "past life incidents" ("engrams") are pretty "light," and appear to be re-cycled Hubbardian "whole track" ('History of Man', etc) tales, or scenes from movies, etc. Only a small percentage appear to be actual intense occurrences.

Away from $cientology, IMO, there can still be some benefit to the auditing experience but, as the Xenu-people of the Scientology Freezone have demonstrated, that initially potentially beneficial early auditing can lead to the land of Hubbardian Grimm-fairy tales rather quickly. So beware.

Located this post which describes auditing 'Self Analysis' (somewhat informatively) outside $cientology. Hope this helps.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=94279&postcount=25

Veda

Sponsor
Thanks for the reply. I seem to be a Black V case myself, that's from the Creation of Human Ability book.

Sorry to hear that you're an "occluded case," but look on the bright side. You won't need to worry about having the catharsis experience exploited:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=243380&postcount=53

Yes, that was another response to one of your posts. Others seem to be sizing you up as a troll. Trolls can assume multiple viewpoints to create effects, create trust, create apathy, etc. You be dat?

I've no idea or opinion at this point, but then again I haven't been paying close attention.

cantsay

Patron Meritorious

to the extent of having charge release.

These statements seem a bit silly to me. Almost everyone is capable of closing their eyes, remembering something upsetting that happened the other day, and going through it over and over (ie with a Dianetic auditor) til they feel better. Thats not rocket surgery.

To say less than 10 percent of people can recall past events,
to the extent of having charge release
is rediculous, unless you have amnesia.

ARC straightwire is good for training recall, but can get boring.

Whether Dianetics can handle something extremely traumatic is something Im not entirely convinced of. And whether it produces a "clear" as stated in Dianetics is definitely false. But can it handle the charge of that time you rear-ended that mercedes and the bloke screamed at you for it and scared the bejeezes out of you? Yeah, I think so.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> To say less than 10 percent of people can recall past events, to the extent of having charge release is rediculous, unless you have amnesia.<snip>
Erh, that's 'past events' from previous lifetimes I think.. And I also think the the percentage is zero..

Imagining, yes certainly.. And in astounding detail too.

Allright. There ARE a some very interesting tales of past lives around that will almost convince you.. But fact is that past lives have never been proven..

And proof is needed in a question as important as this!

Wheter we are undying spirits, or meatballs..

Without the neccesary proof we must admit that we don't know.. Unless we choose to be dishonest with ourselves. And select to have amnesia with regard to our integrity..

:yes:

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
If someone just says "recall", I take it to mean "can I recall what I did after I got out of bed this morning". If they mean "recall past lives", they need to specifically say that. *sigh*

I dont think this guy really knows what he is on about anyway. He wants statistics and proof about processes he doesnt understand from people who no longer believe in these processes work.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
A curious thing about this.. If the theory of Dianetics does anything, it explains that you can NOT trust your own mind! - Engrams and implants affecting your conciousness.. Masquerading as your thoughts and feelings..

So why would a scientologist, of all people, consider 'mental images' true? - Yu'd think that a scientologist would conclude, as per Dianetics, that such was possibly a product of his faulty mind... Yu'd think that he knew to keep that in healthy doubt? - Ahh.. But doubt is a social crime of sorts.. Worse than BO! - According to Hubbard..

Hmm.. It was 'recalled' in 'session', and verified by a feeling of certainty.. A cognition.. And by a certified auditor telling you about a floating needle?

Only under these specific circumstances can a scientologist feel certain about his recall and/or judgement?

No matter how outlandish the recall?

Hubbard also defines insanity as inability to differentiate between true and false! - He wrote Dianetics, which teaches that you can't differentiate...

Until you're Clear.. He promises that you can when your'e Clear! - At which time Hubbard concedes that you qualify for voting rights..

But then there are Body Thetans! - They 'work' like the 'reactive mind'.. They masquerade as your thoughts and feelings! - And they are in infinite supply.. Millions and millions of 'em..

And you need to get rid of 'em to 'regain' your sanity!

Think it will ever end?

:confused2:

uniquemand

Unbeliever

I've run a lot of successful sessions, and some that just ground. On the ones that ground, I was trying to get the person to report perceptics or experience the incident more than they wanted to or could. I think what needs doing is what CAN BE COMFORTABLY CONFRONTED. The person may eventually want to "completely erase" something, but at present, they may not be willing or able to confront it. I look for gradual improvement, rather than breakthroughs. Breakthroughs do occur, but if you try to force it, you grind, and I think it's harmful to the subject.

I just have people look at something until they see more of it, see it from a different perspective, and are no longer interested in looking at it, and then move on to whatever DOES have their interest.

Interest is the primary indicator of charge. Work until the interest is gone, and you are following the file clerk to the next biggest area of charge. I see the "reactive mind" as Gerbode's "Traumatic Incident Network". As you deactivate different buttons around an issue, the issue itself becomes more confrontable. As different issues become deactivated, issues that were previously unconfrontable become more interesting to the person, and more confrontable. Working really directly at an issue, unless it's currently of interest to the person, I believe is inefficient and damaging.