What's new

August 16 08 scientologist assaults Tommy Gorman and is arrested

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
According to what I've heard they have told the public that anons want to kill them!! Then they look out and see these people dancing and laughing and eating cake. Yeah, they really look like a bunch of killers. LOL

hee-hee......they can't even coordinate what they are telling people? Guess that OSA and the various DSA network line has too much enterb on their lines to function properly! Come to think of it, during the Lisa McPhearson tragedy, I remember talking to someone on staff at a different org--and what they had been told didn't really jive with what we'd been told. It might be funny if these bastards weren't killing folks.

byte301

Crusader
hee-hee......they can't even coordinate what they are telling people? Guess that OSA and the various DSA network line has too much enterb on their lines to function properly! Come to think of it, during the Lisa McPhearson tragedy, I remember talking to someone on staff at a different org--and what they had been told didn't really jive with what we'd been told. It might be funny if these bastards weren't killing folks.

I agree. It's such a tragedy. I alternate between being mad, sad, and dying of laughter. So I guess I am roller coastering! LOL :confused2:

How about the line that disconnection is voluntary? I just LOVE that one.:no:

byte301

Crusader
It always gets extremely personal when someone feels they have slipped their foothold. With the exception of Goreman who is always personal. :D

Yeah, TommyGorman TommyGorman is an animal!!! I meant that in a GOOD way. :yes: But at least he doesn't insult people's personal hygiene!

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, TommyGorman TommyGorman is an animal!!! I meant that in a GOOD way. :yes: But at least he doesn't insult people's personal hygiene!

Very true. That's just childish....
Once I found out what happend to his wife, I was okay with his tactics. Specially since the church itself taught him those tactics.:D

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Pixie,

a Scientologist going at a critic in an aggressive manner and then having a bunch of low IQ college student types jeering 'ethics bait' IN LAUGHTER, HAPPINESS AND GLEE after being apparently 'victimisied' is not a 'major success'. Does Tommy Gorman sound victimized to you? Distressed? He sounds exhilarated, the anons sounds like they are having a good time.

If the Scientologist in question assaulted Tommy then he should be handled innthe same manner that Tommy would be handled if he had bashed the brains out of that anon.

Protest numbers in London are down to their lowest. Look at the video outside TCR, with the handful of people scattered down the barrier. I believe that the London Church ignoring the protests has driven the 'attack scientology for kicks' brigade into boredom and they haven't bothered turning out with no target to jeer at or no response.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
That is Mary DeMoss being nice....

......I know that when I have talked and rabbited for ages I get all dizzy. I am suprised that Mary doesn't send herself into a complete spin with all the repetitive yacking.

....Watching Mary's video's over at Xenutv should be an eye opener for anyone.

Apparently she is out and able to, I hope 'recant' and help people in more constructive ways.

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Pixie,

a Scientologist going at a critic in an aggressive manner and then having a bunch of low IQ college student types jeering 'ethics bait' IN LAUGHTER, HAPPINESS AND GLEE after being apparently 'victimisied' is not a 'major success'. Does Tommy Gorman sound victimized to you? Distressed? He sounds exhilarated, the anons sounds like they are having a good time.

If the Scientologist in question assaulted Tommy then he should be handled innthe same manner that Tommy would be handled if he had bashed the brains out of that anon.

Protest numbers in London are down to their lowest. Look at the video outside TCR, with the handful of people scattered down the barrier. I believe that the London Church ignoring the protests has driven the 'attack scientology for kicks' brigade into boredom and they haven't bothered turning out with no target to jeer at or no response.

Wow, you know so much about anon. You must be their leader.

Here are list of links to varying recent protests. 8 months later and still going.

Never defend, always attack, hey Vittorio?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=7189

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=7203

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=7198

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=7207

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=7205

Neo

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Kudos to Tommy Gorman for not retaliating.

At worst Anonymous are doing nothing more than basic bullbaiting that any Scio should be able to deal with. At best they make life look like on giant party out the front of an Org.

I think this was a set up. OSA reads the boards. They know there has been disputes between Anon and Gorman. They know Tommy has reputation as a thug. I think they saw an opportunity and went for it, but like all Scn Ops, it fired straight into their collective foot.

I don't see anything wrong with a bunch of kids watching a Scientologist assult a protester and cheer at the impending arrest. The Scientologist was at fault here.

Whatever happened to good old TR0?

Pixie

Crusader
Pixie,

Well at least now I know who's side you are really on Vittorio. This is not the first time we have disagreed here on the forum about the very same thing. Always the bearer of bad news aren't you. Always down on the protesters. Do you even give a fuck about what the cult have done to people including murder? It seems not. If you're that worried about the scilons why not go back on staff and give them a hand, if you're not already doing so.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I am not on anyone's side- it seems you still have the cult mentality of having 'sides', us vs them, enemys etc etc.

I haven't painted the Church nor the critics entirely black as I have received compassion, humour and entertainment from both sides- so I don't group people up like that/ One Scientologist does not equal every Scientologist. Tommy Gorman does not equal anon and so on.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very verily...

I am not on anyone's side- it seems you still have the cult mentality of having 'sides', us vs them, enemys etc etc.

I haven't painted the Church nor the critics entirely black as I have received compassion, humour and entertainment from both sides- so I don't group people up like that/ One Scientologist does not equal every Scientologist. Tommy Gorman does not equal anon and so on.

That is just so very REASONABLE of you Vittorio! :puke2: :runaway:

Roy, the EP's EP

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

You're right, IMO. And I like what you said in the WTF is the Freezone thread.
I think there's too much Sharks vs Jets, them vs us type stuff occurring on forums. Everyone on this forum, or just about, is anti CofS and pro freedom of speech. That should be enough to satisfy other contributors.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Very true. That's just childish....
Once I found out what happend to his wife, I was okay with his tactics. Specially since the church itself taught him those tactics.:D

Speaking generally, I don't condone tactics which if a CofS member is using them against critics and ex members, others would decry them. If it's a bad tactic, it's a bad tactic. The end does not justify the means. If it's ok for one dude or dudette to do it, then it's ok for someone else. Conversely, if it's not ok to do it, then it's not ok if anyone does. Tempting and understandable? Yes, very much so. Ok? Not really, IMO.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Speaking generally, I don't condone tactics which if a CofS member is using them against critics and ex members, others would decry them. If it's a bad tactic, it's a bad tactic. The end does not justify the means. If it's ok for one dude or dudette to do it, then it's ok for someone else. Conversely, if it's not ok to do it, then it's not ok if anyone does. Tempting and understandable? Yes, very much so. Ok? Not really, IMO.

I don't like the tactic either, but I do like it here and under those circumstances.
The church can suck on their own left nut! They pulled it in!:whistling:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well at least now I know who's side you are really on Vittorio. This is not the first time we have disagreed here on the forum about the very same thing. Always the bearer of bad news aren't you. Always down on the protesters. Do you even give a fuck about what the cult have done to people including murder? It seems not. If you're that worried about the scilons why not go back on staff and give them a hand, if you're not already doing so.

Disagreeing with a critic's tactics does not constitute siding with CofS. In order for a person's stance to be pro CofS, they'd actually have to believe that CofS does the right thing and to say so. I've not seen Vittorio doing that.

Lots of critics on various forums post disagreement or agreement with other critics as to how to go about things. There are discussions on a.r.s. right now about this. It doesn't mean that anybody went back to rejoin CofS or should do so.

I'm not a fan of Tommy Gorman but on this one I agree with Emma. Seems like a set-up. And it's great that Gorman didn't hit back. A lot of people would have been tempted to do so. But on the rest, I agree with Vittorio and believe me when I tell you, I'm not pro CofS and would like to see the organization continue to implode til it's gone, baby, gone.

There are lots of approaches people can take on these things and they aren't going to agree on all of them.

byte301

Crusader
Kudos to Tommy Gorman for not retaliating.

At worst Anonymous are doing nothing more than basic bullbaiting that any Scio should be able to deal with. At best they make life look like on giant party out the front of an Org.

I think this was a set up. OSA reads the boards. They know there has been disputes between Anon and Gorman. They know Tommy has reputation as a thug. I think they saw an opportunity and went for it, but like all Scn Ops, it fired straight into their collective foot.

I don't see anything wrong with a bunch of kids watching a Scientologist assult a protester and cheer at the impending arrest. The Scientologist was at fault here.

Whatever happened to good old TR0?

I think you're right Emma. Besides, those kids all have such low IQ's according to Vitt, that they just didn't know any better then to laugh and cheer! :D

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know what you mean. I just think it's a bit of a slippery slope.

There's no doubt that it is to a degree.
But people don't have to make it a slippery slope by doing the same stuff Goreman does.
Just let it be. He is against the church, and that is good enough for me. It would be another story if he were physically attacking members.
He's using their weakness against them....TR's...or the lack of them.

I personally don't think Goreman is all that tough if it were to come down to a fight. That's a good thing actually.