Austin Texas Research

Hi, I've been talking to the texas church of scientology in austin, which is just about to open a newly renovated building.
I've done just about all the research I can short of becoming an on staff scientologist for awhile to really understand the organization by being a part of it.
Does anyone have anything I should know before I try this in order not to get sucked in?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi, I've been talking to the texas church of scientology in austin, which is just about to open a newly renovated building.
I've done just about all the research I can short of becoming an on staff scientologist for awhile to really understand the organization by being a part of it.
Does anyone have anything I should know before I try this in order not to get sucked in?
Try what? I can guarantee that if you are talking to any church of scientology, you are being lied to and they are trained to be experts at it...so even though I suggest you simply stay away from them and go looking elsewhere for some truths.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Some things you can't really know just by being part of it.

I was part of it for 10 years and didn't understand the organization until after I left and read about the first hand experiences of hundreds of former scientologists.

You won't hear the truth when you're in there because it is considered a criminal act within the CoS to tell the truth if it makes others question their involvement in Scientology. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

If you've done ANY research at all about the organization you'd of found out that it is abusive to its own members and staff.

Hubbard was a master at deception and manipulation as well at clearing bank accounts.

What exactly would be attempting to understand by "being part of it" that you can't understand from being outside?

Some things you can't really know just by being part of it.

I was part of it for 10 years and didn't understand the organization until after I left and read about the first hand experiences of hundreds of former scientologists.

You won't hear the truth when you're in there because it is considered a criminal act within the CoS to tell the truth if it makes others question their involvement in Scientology. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

If you've done ANY research at all about the organization you'd of found out that it is abusive to its own members and staff.

Hubbard was a master at deception and manipulation as well at clearing bank accounts.

What exactly would be attempting to understand by "being part of it" that you can't understand from being outside?
I do realize how they treat their staff, but the thing I want to learn is the emotions. How does it feel to be in scientology, what is the atmosphere, these kinds of questions I cant answer just by hearing it from people.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I do realize how they treat their staff, but the thing I want to learn is the emotions. How does it feel to be in scientology, what is the atmosphere, these kinds of questions I cant answer just by hearing it from people.
But why? Given, as we know, that Scientology is a cult that brainwashes and entraps people, what any believer Scientologists will tell you isn't real. The emotions they allow themselves to show aren't real. What they would say isn't true, they can't know or say the truth.
So why?

But why? Given, as we know, that Scientology is a cult that brainwashes and entraps people, what any believer Scientologists will tell you isn't real. The emotions they allow themselves to show aren't real. What they would say isn't true, they can't know or say the truth.
So why?
Because I'm obsessed with scientology, and besides hearing different people going over the same information, I cant think of anything else to sate my curiosity except actually taking the crackpot courses, and working briefly for scientology.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Because I'm obsessed with scientology, and besides hearing different people going over the same information, I cant think of anything else to sate my curiosity except actually taking the crackpot courses, and working briefly for scientology.
Well,"obsession" is a good place to start. Stick with that and you might fit right in.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
That gets handled on the purif. If that doesn't handle it, the TR's will take care of it, and if not, the objectives will take care of it. Or maybe ARC straightwire. Or...

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
That gets handled on the purif. If that doesn't handle it, the TR's will take care of it, and if not, the objectives will take care of it. Or maybe ARC straightwire. Or...
Absolument! Whatever it is - Scientology can help with that! It's a mantra. Remember it well.

Stick around here and we'll have you looking and sounding like a staff member in no time.

And bring cigs, lots of cigs, enough to hand out...they will Luv U!

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Have you considered getting professional mental help with your obsession to dive into a dangerous cult?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

If you are genuinely only 19 years old (as mentioned in your profile) with so much free time on your hands ... be very, very careful. You are exactly what they are looking for and they will pour on the charm until you bite ... and (if you love attention as I suspect you may do) you could even find yourself believing the crap they will tell you about how special/important/perceptive/needed/valuable (bla bla bla) you are.

:byefly:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mara,

You should read all the featured threads here to better understand what it is like for starters.

You're playing with fire with your obsession. You may find yourself coming back here in 10, 20 or 30 years smacking your head for what a fool you were.

Co$ is a dangerous cult. Why dangerous? Because it can consume your entire life and will leave you with nothing in the end that was worth the investment of your life.

I was 19 when I got involved. 32 years later I left. I don't recommend it.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Being naïve (having or showing a lack of experience), is definitely a major item that the Church of Scientology has depended on for recruiting new people.

I've been there and done that.

The pseudo-science was so attractive/convincing to me that no Div 2 reg even had to find a "ruin" on me.

Last edited:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
If you want to help yourself or others do not even play with the sciobots. If you want to understand something - like fire - do you go into a burning building? To understand the power of the wind do you step into a tornado? To understand about a cult talk to the survivors, listen to their pain, hear them as they share their story. If you want more you will not get validation from me. You walk through those doors and dabble you will not be the same when you come out. You will not change them. I do not know who you are but you need something you will not find there.