What's new

Back in the real world. Hello!

raydarNI

Patron
I am a former Scientologist from the UK and I thought it would be interesting to connect with others who have landed back on the real world after jumping off Hubbard's road to nowhere.

I was a staff member at a small SMI Mission in Northern Ireland. I did not reach any high levels in Scientology, but I was a FZ practitioner before I joined the CoS. I left because I couldn't go on lying to myself about a) Scientology or Dianetics actually working or b) L. Ron Hubbard being a good, praiseworthy man when neither is the case.

I'm currently de-programming myself with a few books such as 'Messiah or Madman' and enjoying not having to give up my time writing letters to people begging them to come to the Mission for 'free introductory services'.

In short, Hello!

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
welcome raydarNI Enjoy yourself here. Unusual that, going FZ first then SMI mission, well at least it is the first I have heard of such.

raydarNI

Patron
I was originally FZ but the movement is pretty non existent in the part of the world I live in. I had to join SMI in order to do courses, which I thought was a good idea at the time :no:

Antagone

Patron
Hi Raydar. You maybe know me already since I'm one of the folks who turn up outside the Belfast Mission every month or so to protest. Good luck with getting back into the real world and I sincerely hope more people up in those little attic rooms decide to do the same.

Despite what you might have been told, it's not personal with us protesters and I've said many times that a lot of Scientologists aren't bad people, rather that they get sucked in because they believe it's a good thing.

If there's anything I can ever do for you just drop me a PM.

AnonKat

Crusader
very_happy_kitty.jpg

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I am a former Scientologist from the UK and I thought it would be interesting to connect with others who have landed back on the real world after jumping off Hubbard's road to nowhere.

I was a staff member at a small SMI Mission in Northern Ireland. I did not reach any high levels in Scientology, but I was a FZ practitioner before I joined the CoS. I left because I couldn't go on lying to myself about a) Scientology or Dianetics actually working or b) L. Ron Hubbard being a good, praiseworthy man when neither is the case.

I'm currently de-programming myself with a few books such as 'Messiah or Madman' and enjoying not having to give up my time writing letters to people begging them to come to the Mission for 'free introductory services'.

In short, Hello!

Hi Raydar!

So there is a mission in NI? Wow.

I remember when John Duignan and I were over in Dublin to visit the Mission there - jeez that was over 20 years ago!! There was nothing in the North in those days.

Where is the Mission?

Glad you are out!

Antagone

Patron
The Mission is at 121 Great Victoria Street - according to the neighbours it has been there about four years now.

Anonymous is there as well and we've got a pretty dedicated local cell :thumbsup:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
The Mission is at 121 Great Victoria Street - according to the neighbours it has been there about four years now.

Anonymous is there as well and we've got a pretty dedicated local cell :thumbsup:

Oh OK - I know where that is (well roughly). How is it doing?

raydarNI

Patron
The Mission in Belfast is doing extremely poorly. I was recently over in London at the Tottenham Court Road org and was talking to some poor bookstore girl who worked some ridiculous amount of hours there: I told her that Belfast have sold about two books in the last five months and she was horrified.

The org in Belfast only survives because the owner of the construction services business on the top floor is a Scientologist and pays the rent. Looking at the org's finances in the last few months, the average intake is probably about £1.50 per week and there are (to the best of my knowledge) no Scientologists paying for courses there, all are staffers.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
knights of NI! We are but simple travelers who seek the enchanter who lives beyond these woods.

Welcome to the forum mate. :thumbsup:

AnonKat

Crusader
The Mission in Belfast is doing extremely poorly. I was recently over in London at the Tottenham Court Road org and was talking to some poor bookstore girl who worked some ridiculous amount of hours there: I told her that Belfast have sold about two books in the last five months and she was horrified.

The org in Belfast only survives because the owner of the construction services business on the top floor is a Scientologist and pays the rent. Looking at the org's finances in the last few months, the average intake is probably about £1.50 per week and there are (to the best of my knowledge) no Scientologists paying for courses there, all are staffers.

The Spirit or Thetan is leaving the Church of Scientology and it has almost dropped the body.:coolwink: