What's new

Back when you were in, how did you feel about SQUIRRELS??

Mystic

Crusader
Did you ever see him cry, give an emotional cry that produced actual tears, or a tear in his eye, or wettness. For a bad thing, or a good thing?

I cry all the time over a emotional scene in a movie.

You got it, Gib. Although he did present some human traits, he was cold, deadsoul, heartless, no capacity to feel human emotions particularly sympathy, empathy and love. The one and ONLY time I ever saw him show any caring was one time it was raining and he met his wife with an umbrella as they went to lunch.

JustSheila

Crusader
Did you ever see him cry, give an emotional cry that produced actual tears, or a tear in his eye, or wettness. For a bad thing, or a good thing?

Antisocials can cry when feeling sorry for themselves. Some can cry on cue for others' situations but it doesn't mean a thing - it's just good acting.

I personally question whether Hubbard ever made a personal sacrifice in order to assist another person without bragging and boasting and using it as some sort of PR thing to show the world how incredibly wonderful he is?

Mystic

Crusader
It was also interesting to note that the Hubbard thing had a fixed personality. He didn't change, he could not "go with the flow". And yes, he constantly needed agreement, compliance, dominance.

Bluntly said, it/he was incapable of giving a shit.

And let me add that the thing did not "think". Like you and I, sometimes we ponder a situation, a question. The Hubbard thing could not do that. He never pondered, considered, thought about. :hysterical: yet he would carry on and on about "considerations".

Gib

Crusader
It was also interesting to note that the Hubbard thing had a fixed personality. He didn't change, he could not "go with the flow". And yes, he constantly needed agreement, compliance, dominance.

Bluntly said, it/he was incapable of giving a shit.

And let me add that the thing did not "think". Like you and I, sometimes we ponder a situation, a question. The Hubbard thing could not do that. He never pondered, considered, thought about. :hysterical: yet he would carry on and on about "considerations".

ok, you are now describing the OT's I know, to a lessor degree.

One in particular I know very well, who has become less involved, is starting to think and ponder questions, instead of being all knowing. :laugh:

And you are also describing DM. LOL

Whenever I heard the word "squirrel" I immediately thought of cute little harmless furry creatures, and I couldn't imagine how they could be a threat to the most ethical, on source group of of beings on the planet.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Cafe Press has lots of "Obey the Squirrel" coffee mugs, t-shirts, water bottles.

obey_the_squirrel_can_insulator.jpg

Also:

Other squirrel stuff

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hubbard was just an artificial entity used as a "channel" for some 267 lower-consciousness beings. His capacity to feel was awful, his recognition of people was terrible. When talking with him/it/whatever, it was like something was always missing. He was just a vacuum of soulless nothing. I now find him totally unimportant.

Please explain how you arrived at this amazing claim? Who counted these 267 beings? Is it your "knowingness"? Someone said so? Enlightenment received by smoking something? This is not flippant, I'd REALLY like to know how you arrived at this statement?

as i have said, i never drank the koolaid when i was in. i pretty much had no particular opinion of squirrels other than i didn't wish to be one. in fact i had decided that, if necessary my exit strategy should it be needed as it seemed likely to eventually be (history of man. i just never expected to have the enthusiasm for that book as i did for SOS) would be to go back to such christianity as i held in abeyance to study in CoS and i would NOT decamp to a squirrel group

and in san francisco where i began the scn people were a much hipper sort. some went back to 1950 and knew people who founded CADA. we used to talk about dianology and EST. no one was in favor of them but neither was there fervid zeal in condemning them, nor categorically against "SP's" who were usually only temporarily declared

some members of this board know that sanity often was found in scn back in the day

and others have known only the george orwell/hieronymous bosch of it...

as it happens gibby, mystic's second wife mary lou once told me of seeing hubbard weep. she was a real sprite of a woman and she was on the apollo when ron cancelled overboarding (one of several times he cancelled it apparently) after a pregnant woman had been tossed over the gun'l's. mary lou peeped through a doorway just after ron had announced it and saw him with his head in his hands crying

i'm with you gibby...

i weep often and it's joy (usually beautiful music) as often as sorrow. and when i'm in really good shape i can produce tears at will. best i ever did was a reading of jack hirschman's elegy for jack micheline, "the open gate" and at the last pair of lines i produced a copious flow of tears from my right eye while keeping my left eye dry...

phenomanon

Canyon
as i have said, i never drank the koolaid when i was in. i pretty much had no particular opinion of squirrels other than i didn't wish to be one. in fact i had decided that, if necessary my exit strategy should it be needed as it seemed likely to eventually be (history of man. i just never expected to have the enthusiasm for that book as i did for SOS) would be to go back to such christianity as i held in abeyance to study in CoS and i would NOT decamp to a squirrel group

and in san francisco where i began the scn people were a much hipper sort. some went back to 1950 and knew people who founded CADA. we used to talk about dianology and EST. no one was in favor of them but neither was there fervid zeal in condemning them, nor categorically against "SP's" who were usually only temporarily declared

some members of this board know that sanity often was found in scn back in the day

and others have known only the george orwell/hieronymous bosch of it...

I lived in San Francisco. Was it me you were talking with? Description of conversation fits me.
As you say, there was sanity in scn , at least here and there. It never seemed to last long.

phenomanon

Canyon
as it happens gibby, mystic's second wife mary lou once told me of seeing hubbard weep. she was a real sprite of a woman and she was on the apollo when ron cancelled overboarding (one of several times he cancelled it apparently) after a pregnant woman had been tossed over the gun'l's. mary lou peeped through a doorway just after ron had announced it and saw him with his head in his hands crying

i'm with you gibby...

i weep often and it's joy (usually beautiful music) as often as sorrow. and when i'm in really good shape i can produce tears at will. best i ever did was a reading of jack hirschman's elegy for jack micheline, "the open gate" and at the last pair of lines i produced a copious flow of tears from my right eye while keeping my left eye dry...

That's interesting. I would never have expected LRH to cry.

I lived in San Francisco. Was it me you were talking with? Description of conversation fits me.
As you say, there was sanity in scn , at least here and there. It never seemed to last long.

way cool pherenome...

were you in ARCBA?

i don't recall women from ARCBA but there was old jack spears, did you know him?

and you didn't get yer knickers slightly in a twist when i called you pherenome before did you? i vaguely recall you might have. it's a playful little mis-dup. as you might know pherenomes are body odors that attract the opposite sex and in fact you do sort of turn me on as a being by being such a lively little old lady and the personification of can be and often with the study of the old goat's work

yes, sanity can be short-lived in groups...

someone always starts pinchin' someone else's old lady...

Mystic

Crusader
Please explain how you arrived at this amazing claim? Who counted these 267 beings? Is it your "knowingness"? Someone said so? Enlightenment received by smoking something? This is not flippant, I'd REALLY like to know how you arrived at this statement?

Well, WildKat, after I first initiated (chakra opening, first initiation of enlightenment, soul opening) back in August of '91, I continued to follow the inner path and in the course of doing so one learns. One learns a lot! Yeow momma! And this is one of the things I learned.

Really...what's not to love?
If you're gonna be a squirrel...just be cute and lovable while you're doin' it! :biggrin:

10430826_10152137355032688_8976704044096304903_n.jpg

Here's to VERBAL TECH!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Squirrelling is one of those "a-ha" moments for me...

In the early days, it's all about whatever's true for you yada yada yada, use what works yada yada yada

and then all of a sudden , you need to be 100% agreeable...

-snip-

When was that?

"There was a difference between the ideals inherent in the Dianetic hypothesis and the actions of the Foundation in its ostensible efforts to carry out these ideals. The ideals, as I saw them, included non-authoritarianism and a flexibility of approach. The ideals... continued to be given lip-service, but I could see a definite disparity between ideals and actualities."

Dr. J.A. Winter, who wrote the Introduction for 'DMSMH' in 1950, from his book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics', 1951.

__________​

"In a healthy and growing science, there are many men who are recognized as being competent in the field, and no one man dominates the work... to the extent that Dianetics is dependent on one man, it is a cult."

John Campbell, editor, 'Astounding Science Fiction', 1951.

__________​

In March 1955, Hubbard wrote the 'Manual on Dissemination of Material'.

"Never defend. Always attack...

"If you discover that some group calling itself 'precept processing' had set up and established a series of meetings in your area, you should do all you can to make things interesting for them.... The least that could be done in such an area is the placement of a suit against them... The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win.

"The law can be used very easily to harass... If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."

___________​

And from the 1959 'HCO Manual of Justice':

"Overt investigation of someone or something attacking us by an outside detective agency should be done more often and hang the expense. It's very effective. Often an investigation by a private detective has alone closed up an entheta source or a squirrel organization...

"Tell the detective, 'We don't care if they know you're investigating them for us. In fact, the louder the better'."

__________​

And these instructions regarding a squirrel group:

"Any meeting held by them should be torn up. The names of persons attending should be collected...

"Treatment - They are each fair game, can be sued or harassed...

"Harass these people in any possible way..."

'HCO Executive Letter', 27 September 1965

_________​

23 December 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists:

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists.

"Such suppressive acts include public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a suppressive person or group pronounced a suppressive person or group by HCO; failure to handle, or disavow, or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons."

_________​

The Class VIII Course was developed in 1968. Its product per the pack was “A zealot for Standard Tech.”

"You say, 'Yes, but this PC could sit there for a month without any auditing.' It’s god damn well better he did. If there’re two people who have entirely different opinions on what ought to be done with this case, then either one or the other of those two different people do not know standard tech, because if they knew standard tech they would not have any divergence of opinion."

And this part, which is a fine example of hypnotist Hubbard's doubletalk:

"Standard tech isn’t what I say it is. It’s what works. And what works has already been established. So it isn’t for me to say it’s different. And it isn’t for anybody else to say it’s different either, because we fought for it, and we won it the hard way. Now let’s consolidate it."

See!?! Dr. Winter and John Campbell were wrong in 1951 when they said those terrible things! Scientology is anti-authoritarian!

overbord.jpg

Class VIII student being thrown overboard into the filthy, sewage-ridden, dock water. He probably disagreed with Scientology's anti-authoritarian teachings.