What's new

Bad news re Inquiry at *this* stage. It's off.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Cross-posted from another thread
It's been over 3 years since the suicide of Edward McBride and the resultant refusal of the CofS to turn over his PC and Ethics folders to the Coroner enquiring into his death.

We'll possibly never know the whole story but many of us here have a pretty good idea of what may have occurred to provoke Edward's desperate action.

The next time someone dies/suicides as a direct result of CofS practices here in Australia, I hope we'll all take the time and effort to remind our political leaders and their spineless followers that they could have easily prevented that inevitable tragedy.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have also tweeted my displeasure to @KevinRuddPM on Twitter as follows ....

@KevinRuddPM Where our tax dollars go: http://leavingscientology.wordpress...-miscavige-lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous/

and

@KevinRuddPM What if it was your kid? #Scientology

Don't let my tweets be lonely people. I think we all know what to do ....

'RABBOTT' needs to hear exactly what we all think of their courageous decision today.

:coolwink:

Here's mine:

@KevinRuddPM Dude! Do you realize how many votes you probably lost today? See question 513 at this link.http://www.abc.net.au/thedrum/polls/

I might have said "Honorable Dude," as a form of respect, but he just lost mine. (Besides, it wouldn't have fit in the tweet. :D)

Lynn

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why gee wiz TGZ, I thought it was a good idea.:confused2:

It is a good idea. We did it about three months ago. Now we need to do it again with reference to today's decision.

I didn't know that. This makes a lot of sense.

The focus should be on the abuses of the CofS. Any broader stroke would be wrong-targeted.

Paul
and
The prob with an inquiry the way Nick wanted to set it up ie: into tax deductability of religion more generally is that their is an inquiry underway into taxation matters and one that is just about to report on all taxation matters including tax deductability.

He should have just gone after the COS and he might have had a chance of support (esp around the forced abortion)

I can understand why people are upset with the major parties and they deserve some blame but so does Nick. Though he should be praised for increased negative media coverage that the COS has received

Jimmymac, I didn't get that impression at all from Xenophon's speech. He was very much focusing on the abuses and the crimes. Tax exemption is part of it.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Emma,

This looks like we might have a long extended battle here.

I suggest that we have another section on this board specifically for threads concerning the enquiry. The we could gather up all the bits and pieces that keep getting buried and make some stickys of things like email addys of the pollies and where to send petitions etc.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It's all grist to the mill.
When you're talking about the CofS there's no shortage of things to be outraged about!
I think the general public are beginning to understand this.
There'll be more (not less) media coverage as a result of today's events.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Here's mine:

@KevinRuddPM Dude! Do you realize how many votes you probably lost today? See question 513 at this link.http://www.abc.net.au/thedrum/polls/

I might have said "Honorable Dude," as a form of respect, but he just lost mine. (Besides, it wouldn't have fit in the tweet. :D)

Lynn

Excellent tweet, Lynn! The honorable totally would not have fitted in that tweet, but the 'dude' was a hilarious touch!!

*rofl*

It may even be better than mine! I'm hoping to witness further such exemplary tweetified creativity on the ESMB front!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
^^^ And the PR is as important as the inquiry! - I'm disappointed about the inquiry being off of course, but I'm not surprized by this 'political' development. It's that 'religious freedom' bind that politics got themselves mired in... And which Scientology utilizes while laughing their asses off..

The TV documentaries are very effective! - I even think that the 4 Corners Docu might find it's way to danish television..

:yes:

gerry

Patron with Honors
This is infuriating, but at the same time, it gives the impetus to step up. This one won't be shoved under the carpet this easily.

Good call

Keep strong, you have raised an awareness that will have its own life.

Keep it up and
Take care

A paddock of spuds take a while to grow

Michel

Patron with Honors
Though I'm disappointed it really means that the media, Anons and EXes are going to pour the heat on the CofS to near breaking point until it goes our way.

If OSA is celebrating now, well, they won't be in the next month when they realize just what this means.

More and more allegations and charges will ensue, even the most blinded CofS supporter will begin to discover the truth and leave, either that or become a recognised enabler of criminal activities.

GO FERAL!!

Let's make Australia the first Scientology free continent!

That's would be a win!:happydance:

Michel

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just to put it all into perspective, when was the last time the cult had a "win" and we got the good press? :D

All of the media in Oz (and a lot elsewhere) smell lots of stories in this and they aren't giving up - they are all over Scientology and none of it's "cult-positive.":no:

I'm sure now I'll have even more people on the street ask me about the cult and everyone I've spoken to before today has been AGAINST Scientology from the start.:yes:

Of course I do nothing to alter their correct perceptions.:whistling:

Michel

Patron with Honors
I have a suggestion...

(Background) In the 70's, as a staffer, we would periodically receive a request to write to some head of state somewhere complaining about a human rights complaint, or a psychiatric procedure being 'allowed', or whatever. We never questioned it: we were told it was a global scientology response and each one of us had to write a letter around a basic format, or else (we all know the 'or else'). :angry:

It occurred to me to use the same venue with the Australian Parliament. Why not get the email addy's or snail mail addresses of the PM and the Opposition (if their parliamentary format is the same as in Canada). Then every X on the planet can deluge them with thousands and thousands of statements about each of our dealings with the clams. We can state that we are foreigners, but still, citizens and family of the global village and the we not only think but know that scio is nothing but a sci-fi type so called healing and corrupt syndicate. :thumbsup:

Who knows? Maybe it will work as it did in the 70's? :confused2: :happydance: :thumbsup:

Hey Zorg, that's a great idea! Let's use the same tools that the Cult used to discredit the opponents. I am going to see if i can find or built an email list. Will let you know.

Michel.

Mystic

Crusader
I do not feel a "loss" at the present outcome of this. The future is always on our side. And the amount of news exposure on the cult because of Australia has expanded enormously. News organizations and reporters no longer back down from this cult of infuriating madness and its sicko psycho dictates from that dead Hubbard thing.

Michel

Patron with Honors
Emma,

This looks like we might have a long extended battle here.

I suggest that we have another section on this board specifically for threads concerning the enquiry. The we could gather up all the bits and pieces that keep getting buried and make some stickys of things like email addys of the pollies and where to send petitions etc.

I agree Kookaburra, we should have a section here, where we could find an email listing and a kind of standard petition that every ESMB member could use.

Immagine the 2,500 members sending a petition to all members of the Australian government.

And 2,500 denounciations to the Australian Police.

What do you think?

Michel.

gerry

Patron with Honors
Just keep feeding the media people with real life stories of what scientology was for you.

They are hungry for real stories.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
The prob with an inquiry the way Nick wanted to set it up ie: into tax deductability of religion more generally is that their is an inquiry underway into taxation matters and one that is just about to report on all taxation matters including tax deductability.

He should have just gone after the COS and he might have had a chance of support (esp around the forced abortion)

I can understand why people are upset with the major parties and they deserve some blame but so does Nick. Though he should be praised for increased negative media coverage that the COS has received

It is a good idea. We did it about three months ago. Now we need to do it again with reference to today's decision.

and

Jimmymac, I didn't get that impression at all from Xenophon's speech. He was very much focusing on the abuses and the crimes. Tax exemption is part of it.

^^^ And the PR is as important as the inquiry! - I'm disappointed about the inquiry being off of course, but I'm not surprized by this 'political' development. It's that 'religious freedom' bind that politics got themselves mired in... And which Scientology utilizes while laughing their asses off..

The TV documentaries are very effective! - I even think that the 4 Corners Docu might find it's way to danish television..

:yes:

I think the problem exploited by the PM and opposition leader in their cop-out is that Xenophon's call for an enquiry did cross over to the already existing enquiry into charitable status of organisations.

I asked about this a couple of months ago, but the whistle blowers did not answer the point.

Our old friend Neo did some work on that enquiry, which I understood was looking into the lack of tests and ease with which charitable status is given in Australia.

This is the taxation key both in Oz and in the UK, where the cult operates under the Australian charity COSRECI. It is the means by which they don't pay VAT, Corporation Tax, Minimum wage, etc. It is the "religious cloaking" that Larry Brennan set up for LRH.

It is the cloak that Rudd and Co. are shrouding themselves with. It is the CofS's "ser fac" that they use in their reverse processing tech to hide behind.

There are separate issues:

• Religious/charitable status
  • Crimes
  • Abusive mind control

If they are kept separate the world domination cult cannot muddy the scene with their religious ser fac!

So, I understand the enquiry into charities is concluding, correct? Did Xenophon and the whistle blowers give evidence to it on the false religiousity and charity? If not, is it possible to still do so? Larry Brennan's affidavit states he is willing to testify to any enquiry, was he appraoched? has he testified to that enquiry?

Are the police still investigating the reported crimes in Oz?

Anonymous. protesting exes and whistle blowers have done a great job in raising public awareness about the mind control. At protests now, in the UK, the public are well aware of the mind control nature of the cult and presumably the CofS is shrinking as a result.

I think the tax exemption is for the poiticians, the crimes are for the police and media and the abusive mind control is for the protestors and the media.

The cult will shrink and die it is just a matter of preventing too many more victims while it does so.

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
Interesting fallout from recent events indicate that Xenophon's action and recent media is putting a lot of heat on. I know my local MP here quite well, (friend of the family) and she knows I was involved in Scientology. She asked me about the 4 Corners program and whether I considered this to be factual. I was able to update her about my current status and thoughts re the c of s. I filled her in on the disconnection policy and the recruitment of young teenagers. She was quite distressed at what is happening to families in scientology.
She mentioned that if there is any move at a state (SA) level she would like to know which way to jump on it. She is a long term member with the ear of ministers and a good network. So, the message is permeating through various levels and gaining momentum.
I think it is interesting that an mp would originate possible action at a state level. There may well have been discussion or perhaps there are moves afoot. Rann (Premier SA) has been a vocal critic of scio since being accused of taking an inappropriate donation from the church for political favours.

Jakadak

Patron with Honors
What a disapointment this is for all of us!!:bigcry: bloody rudd and abbot:nervous:this is just the begining!!!:thumbsup:anyway good work Carmel you have done well:coolwink::happydance:

aaron saxton

Patron with Honors
stopping Scientology

Most of us are not really surprised by the "no inquiry". What is important is that a hell of a lot more people know about what is going on than 6 months ago.

And at the end of the day, that stops new victims, but is little comfort for those caught in it.

We all have to realise that the C of S is good at this. They have been towing the line legally for 60 years and frankly, are used to winning. They are gifted in the legal area. It is not just money, the Structure of the C of S and how they operate gives them higher levels of success because they are involved in a bad activity, and Ron was a master of bad activities.

It is hypothetically possible that if we even had 20% of the public behind the removal of Scientology, that it would still continue. Even if we had 80% there will still be growth in Scientology numbers.

The SO is looking at the world with 6.7 Billion. Not just Australia 20 M, UK 60m? and USA 330M?. They are looking at 6,700M potentially.

It begs the question, how to stop the C of S.

I beleive it can be done in 5 years, 10 years or 50 years. The question is, when do we want it to come to an end?

The sooner the better I would imagine for most.

The entire Scientology empire worldwide has several weakness and they can be exploited. They are well cloaked weakness, but it is omnipresent all the same.

It was perhaps 3 months ago in New Zealand where I posted a video calling to arms a lot of people worldwide. And I got a lot of flak for it. We all love doing what we want to do against them. And any idea to unite a force to tackle these people on a particular line of action was rejected out of hand.

The SO is an organisim to learn from. It's struture is well formed, designed to absorb attacks and expand. An apparency of failure is never a victory. Their declining numbers can be interpreted as a downward spiral. What about what they are doing in Africa, South America, China, Russia, the Eastern Block? Ex-Scientologists have a use to them as well. That is how ex-Scn's are seen. There is always a use for them as far as the SO strategy goes. Liabilities can be assets.

I have been in the thick of the SO. So have many Ex's. And, Ex-SO know that the SO is not child's play to shut down. Anyone deeply involved with CMO upper levels, CST, RTC, archives, ASI, IAS etc. knows that the SO is looking well into the future.

It took only a number of hundreds decades ago to re-establish Scientology worldwide, and that is when it WAS being questioned by many governments.

I am not saying we do, but just a friendly reminder to not under-estimate the SO. DM, Napoleon, Hitler, Saddam, Khan etc. were all mad men. But they were still brilliant.

The SO handlign Scientology under fire?

They have been there before.

Many times.

They bounce back. Constantly.

I am well reminded how the SO obtained C.A.N. They actually helped to expand it, so that they could eventually take it. And when they did, they got a bigger database than they had ever hoped for.

There were lessons to be learned from that as well.

There is a way to weaken Scientology within a 2 year period to the point where they will fail.

Ironically, it will not take more effort than is being exerted now. It just means focus on certain elements.

The key to the non-existence of Scientology will only be accomplished by eliminating the Sea Org or forcing the Sea Org to implode. Without proper SO control 24/7, Scientology worldwide will then be a soft target.

And it can be done.