Bamboozling then, or bamboozling now?

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Scientology is a bamboozlement system where victims get bamboozled by many Scientologists using many means, from the first words that lure us in. We were bamboozled whether we are natural bamboozlers, or whether we are fundamentally prey for the bamboozlers. Scientologists compel and reward bamboozlement.

Free Dictionary said:
bam•boo•zle (bm-bzl)
tr.v. bam•boo•zled, bam•boo•zling, bam•boo•zles Informal
To take in by elaborate methods of deceit; hoodwink. See Synonyms at deceive.
[Origin unknown.]
bam•boozle•ment n.
bam•boozler n.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin
Company. All rights reserved.
bamboozle [bæmˈbuːzəl]
vb (tr) Informal
1. to cheat; mislead
2. to confuse
[of unknown origin]
bamboozler n
bamboozlement n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
Verb 1. bamboozle - conceal one's true motives from especially by elaborately feigning good intentions so as to gain an end; "He bamboozled his professors into thinking that he knew the subject well"
  • lead by the nose, play false, pull the wool over someone's eyes, snow, hoodwink
  • deceive, lead astray, betray - cause someone to believe an untruth; "The insurance company deceived me when they told me they were covering my house"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Retrieved from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bamboozlement

Ron the Big Bamboozler's feigned good intentions and his bamboozlement system certainly were, and remain, elaborate.

As Scientologists, we learned to keep Bamboozletech working as follows:

Hubbard said:
Getting the correct technology applied consists of:
One: Having the correct technology.
Two: Knowing the technology.
Three: Knowing it is correct.
Four: Teaching correctly the correct technology.
Five: Applying the technology.
Six: Seeing that the technology is correctly applied.
Seven: Hammering out of existence incorrect technology.
Eight: Knocking out incorrect applications.
Nine: Closing the door on any possibility of incorrect technology.
Ten: Closing the door on incorrect application.

Hubbard, L. (1965, 7 February) Keeping Scientology Working. Organization Executive Course. Basic Staff Volume (1991 ed., Vol 0, pp 7-13). Los Angeles: Bridge Publications, Inc.

Bamboozlement is inherent in KSW because Scientologists universally do not have the correct technology to produce what they claim they are producing. They do have the correct technology to bamboozle the bamboozleable, who are largely themselves. Scientology Bamboozletech requires that Scientologists bamboozle or at least try to bamboozle everyone about all the bamboozling they're doing. Scientologists will say and do pretty well anything to cloak their bamboozling, even bald-facedly denying they're bamboozling at all.

Scientologists present as being in a condition of bamboozlement. Through time, as long as they remain Scientologists, they maintain that condition of bamboozlement in themselves and others. They are rarely just consumers of Bamboozletech. Regardless of bamboozlement, we also all became bamboozlers to some extent. It is not possible to promote Scientology in any way, without actively bamboozling people. My part in the bamboozlement system generally was delivering “services” to a set of bamboozled Scientologists and doing my part to keep their bamboozlement working. I applied Bamboozletech as standardly as I could over a significant amount of time, and observed enough evidence, as probably every Scientologist does, to make my bamboozlement clear.

The dynamics of the lives of (possibly bamboozled) Scientology bamboozlers are complicated and varied, depending on time and time period on the inside, training levels, auditing levels, staff experience, outward-facing exposure, etc.

Unlike in the Stanford experiment, Scientologists applying Hubbard's Bamboozletech, are commonly both "the jailed" and "the jailers."

It is helpful to observe what the bamboozling Scientologists do after they are given reasonable opportunities to confront now overwhelming evidence that Hubbard was a Brobdingnagian Bamboozler and Scientology is a bamboozlement system. Do they recognize the fact of bamboozlement in themselves and in others, grasp the consequences of bamboozlement, and then reject the system and its appliers that bamboozled them? Or do they just keep Bamboozletech working?

It is at this critical point, where we become aware of the bamboozlement, when most of us reject it, and stop supporting it. Some of the ex-bamboozled even devote themselves to exposing the bamboozlers and their bamboozlement system, and to unbamboozling the still bamboozled. Because Scientology is a malignant bamboozlement system, its bamboozlers seek to suppress and destroy people they consider threats to their system.

For some of us, quite obviously, the realization of the bamboozlement does NOT shatter our worldview, even after knowing about the fraud, even after knowing the necessary facts about Ron-the-Psychopath, and even after knowing about the victims. Some Scientologists remain invested in Scientology and continue to promote and benefit from the bamboozling, and lie about it, as indoctrinated by, and in personality of, the Brobdingnagian Bamboozler.

These people are not on a path out of Scientology, no matter the words or appearances, PR or wishful thinking. The stark truth is that these Scientologists are bamboozling people, in huge part knowingly.

Giving Mark Rathbun the benefit of the doubt, let's say he was initially bamboozled by Hubbard, as most of us were. His position in the Scientology power structure, at least from 1982 when he presided over Scientology's legal affairs, would have made it impossible for him to honestly claim he remained bamboozled.

No, Rathbun has known the truth about Hubbard and Scientology, for a very long time. The exhibits that went into evidence in the 1984 Armstrong trial would unbamboozle anyone. Rathbun has been an unbamboozled bamboozler at least for that long. He is no more bamboozled than Miscavige is bamboozled. They are both Big Bamboozlers.

We know that Hubbard had Scientologists bamboozled. It’s also fairly obvious that DM, Rathbun, et al. are hard at work with the Old Man’s Bamboozletech. As long as the Scientologists keep Bamboozletech working, there will be a need among the rest of us for bamboozlement awareness and prevention. That is the intended focus of this thread.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I looked up the brog word, it means huge, origin is from the place of the giants in Gulliver's Travels, written 1726. But there is no reference that I have seen anywhere for bamboozle. That word always had me puzzled.

I remember when I was in grade school and my brother was in highschool, he told me that was a bonafide word in the dictionary, and I doubted him. It cost me a quarter at a time when quarters were 90% silver. I distinctly remember looking for the origin of that word, but, no reference ... not then, back in 1963, and not now.

I have tried coining a few words, but so far, none have made it into the regular dictionary, altho one of mine has made it into the urban dictionary ... TSAhole.

Pete

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good Post!! :wink2:

I love that word ~ BAMBOOZLED ~ because it so accurately describes Scientology in its entirety!!

I don't think Marty thinks Hubbard BAMBOOZLED him - sincerely, I don't.

To the degree one has been bamboozled and spent a lifetime breathing life into this Church of BAMBOOZLEMENT ~ and has to be RIGHT about their involvement ~ is the degree that they will be OUT! Marty can't come out of it all together - at least for now. He has to justify his involvement because the TRUTH that the entire SCAM - SCAMMED / Bamboozled Marty - is just to much to confront! :omg:

His mind has been damaged and he has no other game to play in life...so fight David MisManagement and be right about that fat fuck - Hubbturd - is the game.

It will take some time for the Indie's to see that Scientology does not work for anyone including them. :whistling:

Marty is doing some damage to Miscavige, that is for sure. So - I do appreciate his courage to disclose the SECRETS that Miscavige is trying so hard to keep!

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Good Post!! :wink2:

I love that word ~ BAMBOOZLED ~ because it so accurately describes Scientology in its entirety!!

I don't think Marty thinks Hubbard BAMBOOZLED him - sincerely, I don't.

To the degree one has been bamboozled and spent a lifetime breathing life into this Church of BAMBOOZLEMENT ~ and has to be RIGHT about their involvement ~ is the degree that they will be OUT! Marty can't come out of it all together - at least for now. He has to justify his involvement because the TRUTH that the entire SCAM - SCAMMED / Bamboozled Marty - is just to much to confront! :omg:

His mind has been damaged and he has no other game to play in life...so fight David MisManagement and be right about that fat fuck - Hubbturd - is the game.

It will take some time for the Indie's to see that Scientology does not work for anyone including them. :whistling:

Marty is doing some damage to Miscavige, that is for sure. So - I do appreciate his courage to disclose the SECRETS that Miscavige is trying so hard to keep!

You might be right, Idle Morgue, at least in part. It is perversely conceivable that Marty doesn't think that Hubbard ever bamboozled him. If Marty is truly, as he presents, a never bamboozled big bamboozler, then he might have recognized Hubbard as a bamboozler and Scientology a bamboozlement system at first contact. I do understand that some big bamboozlers seem to be able to recognize other bamboozlers and bamboozletech instantly, embrace bamboozletech, and don't themselves get bamboozled.

It took me many years to see Hubbard as a big bamboozler, but I can see that someone could see this right away. There definitely are people that embrace bamboozling as a pro-survival activity, even lifestyle, but I can't.

There is the other possibility that Marty is truly psychotic. I think, however, that it still is the best action to communicate straight across to him as if he is sane, and grant him his own knowledge of his own quite clear condition.

He definitely might have never thought that Hubbard bamboozled him, or even that Miscavige bamboozled him. Even if that is the case, however, there is no doubt he knows that he has been bamboozling others, or at least trying to bamboozle various others -- about Hubbard, Scientology, Miscavige, Scientologists, wogs, SPs, his own knowledge and condition, etc. -- throughout his life as a Scientologist.

I really gave Marty the benefit of the doubt. I reasoned that he could have been bamboozled up to 1984, which was when he would have had to deal with the Armstrong documents. As I said, the exhibits that went into evidence would unbamboozle anyone. But Marty knew what was in Hubbard's archive at least by 1982, and had Gerry's statements about what unbamboozled him. Marty has had the statements of thousands of people about what unbamboozled them. He is not psychotic, and he presents as understanding English, even if he claims to not understand simple English.

The Armstrong 1 trial transcripts identify the mountain of evidence I'm talking about, specifically the Reporter Daily Transcripts between 5-3-1984 and 6-7-1984, in the Armstrong 1 legal archive.

While you appreciate something, I don't appreciate Marty's cowardice in not disclosing SECRETS that Miscavige is trying so hard to keep. This willful, indefensible inaction serves Miscavige's command intention, and serves all Bamboozologists' desire or intention to bamboozle.

Maybe Marty would claim that Hubbard never bamboozled him. We'll see. I'm not claiming that Hubbard, and his underlings, didn't bamboozle me. They did. Even if Marty does know that in 1978, or for a brief time, he was bamboozled, it takes some humility and honesty to admit such a thing, and he has not manifested these qualities.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
There is a vital quality of Scientology in its scripture and in Scientologists' application of their scripture that relates directly to all the bamboozling and bamboozlement. Potentially, a pure bamboozlement system could lack this quality. But Scientology is not not pure bamboozlement. That vital quality is Hubbard’s and Scientology’s malignancy. Hubbard was a big malignant bamboozler. Scientology is a malignant bamboozlement system.

Free Online Dictionary said:
ma•lig•nant (m -l g n nt)
adj.
1. Showing great malevolence; disposed to do evil.
2. Highly injurious; pernicious.
[…]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

malignant [məˈlɪgnənt]
adj
1. having or showing desire to harm others
2. tending to cause great harm; injurious
[…]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Retrieved from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/malignant

They are malignant because of Hubbard and his Scientologists’ philosophy, policy, practice, and long, inerasable history of waging war on the individuals or groups that might impede or threaten their pursuit of their goals. Such individuals or groups, of course, are those that tell the truth about Hubbard and his system, which includes its bamboozling and its malignancy.

The settled term in Scientology since 1965 for the people who tell the truth about Hubbard and his system is “Suppressive Persons.” The Scientologists’ Suppressive Person doctrine makes their religion malignant, even if they distance themselves from some of their religious corporations. The malignancy begins with considering SPs “the enemy.”

The fact that Scientologists are organized, and organize themselves, to persecute a class created solely by their scripture and by their application of their scripture means that Scientologists comprise a criminal conspiracy. Their scripture requires a criminal conspiracy against the class it creates. Admittedly some Scientologists are bamboozled about this and actually believe the lies that the criminals heading the conspiracy tell about the people they want persecuted.

In order to hide his malignancy, which was necessary because of his overarching postulate to bamboozle the whole planet into considering him “mankind’s greatest friend,” Hubbard set up secret, “autonomous” units to persecute the enemy. Throughout many of his years in the Sea Org, Mark Rathbun ran a number of those units.

Rathbun has for many years known about the malignancy of Hubbard and Scientology, about fair game in all manner of evil forms unleashed against critics of the bamboozlement. For long periods, under Hubbard and under Miscavige, but always applying Hubbard’s scripture and executing his command intention, Rathbun oversaw the persecution of the SP class. Knowing it was not even remotely socially acceptable, he hid and denied his malignant actions, as he still does.

I didn’t work in the malignant part of Scientology that black PRed or fair gamed the enemy, the truth-tellers. Rathbun has much more first hand evidence of Hubbardian bamboozlement and malignancy, but he remains a Scientologist. The malignancy remains in Scientology, and he knows it.

If I am not bamboozled by Hubbard or Scientology, and nothing since I left Scientology has rebamboozled me, then Rathbun is not bamboozled. He's bamboozling.

I very much doubt that he will do what is necessary to prove he has just been bamboozled, as simple as that is.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Malignant Bamboozlement System.. Very accuratly descriptive.. I like it! :)

The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology is a Malignant Bamboozlement System!

:yes:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
A lot of what the Cof$ Cult gets up to - always inspired by Hubbard, boils down to a simple effort to confuse people.

It is a kind of 'BS Baffles Brains' approach.

It's not working as well as it once did.

Lol.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Steve Hall: OSA's mandate is to "break up SP comm lines" — they do it with reverse Scientology — 3P, etc. Sometimes they pretend to be victims of 3P to turn public opinion against key people — which is itself a sneaky form of 3P. Read my documentation (2 articles on scn-cult) on Xavier Jarquine if you want to see an example of this favorite OSA operation. How do I know all this? I worked undercover for the GO for two years. My job: break up SP comm lines. My tools: All the tech in reverse.

(2012, 24 October) Facebook entries retrieved via Steve Hall attacking auditors on Indie Scientologist FB group.

Bamboozling then, or bamboozling now?