What's new

Banned from MartyLand

bts2free

Patron with Honors
In reply to one of Marty's latest blogs entitled: Ground Zero for the Future of Scientology, I posted my concern about the new Indy movement and the fact that Marty and Rinder are essentially running it.

Well, Marty only allowed a partial segment of my comment to go through and then essentially banned me from his blog, which I rarely comment on anyway.

Regardless, I have some of the same concerns about Marty and Rinder running that show that I'm sure some others have. Anyway, per Marty I should come over here and "motivate." I will then.

Here's the article:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/ground-zero-for-the-future-of-scientology/

Here's my comment in full that was edited:

John Peeler | August 12, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Reply

“David Miscavige, David Lubow, Scientology PIs, Scientology lawyers, and Office of Special Affairs staff are not capable of telling the truth. They are only capable of lying. They have lied so often and brazenly for so long, nobody in his or her right mind believes a single bit of filth that issues from their sinister mouths.”

Marty, this is why there are people who hesitate to trust what’s going on with you and Mike Rinder being the defacto heads of the Independent Scientology movement. I mean you guys ran that shit for so long…

After I blew Int and the blow drill was called to get me back. After it was discovered that I had blown to my mom’s house with threats of Declaring me and ultimately my other Scientologist relatives. After getting fired from my first job since leaving the SO. After having other SO members and PI’s post up in front of our house and follow me everywhere taking pictures and trying to intimidate the hell out of me. I started calling the police and even before they showed up, OSA operatives would blow the scene. (Those police scanners in Security are helpful.) But they kept coming back. Finally I called Kirsten Caetano in OSA and told her that if she or any of her PI’s fucked with me at all, and I laid out out everything from following me, to taking pictures, calling me, etc… I said that I would sue the pants (underwear, socks and all) off the Church, not only for the current harassment at that time, but for false imprisonment charges and human trafficking. I reminded her as well that I too was no tape manufacturer at Gold and had been through every ethics file, pers file and practically every pc folder of everyone RTC and below at the base, and that I would start spilling beans. After that, all’s been quiet.

That was back in 2000, and I know that you, Kirsten, Rinder and Sutter had to be directly running my “cycle” of either recovery or ensuring I didn’t go legal. I know from personal experience of having been an MAA and on several blow drills myself that when someone blows the Int base, especially someone who was on sensitive lines, it’s a major flap on Dave’s lines and takes a number of personnel off post who don’t even have anything to do with Security in the first place. So I have no doubt that you and Rinder were behind the bullshit I endured after blowing and shortly thereafter speaking out. In fact, that’s why I started speaking out in the first place is that you guys wouldn’t leave me alone.

So why would I ever trust you? Especially when I don’t think you’re being totally honest with everything you guys were involved in or know about. Compound that with the fact that you’re repackaging Scientology in some form that will no longer contain the insanity, the beatings, the overboardings, the “noisy” investigations, the knowledge reports, the watching and keeping tabs on other members, the SP declares and so on… How is Indy Scientology going to be different when my whole life in Scientology from 1977 – 2000 contained all of that? It’s IN the policies written by Hubbard. Look, I’m not stupid. I had to study Gary Conely’s IG MAA program and the confidential LRH notes that went along with it until final approval by him. That was 1982 when Hubbard was supposed to be off all management lines. I’ve also read a massive amount of the “R” or “*” advices that were all kept in binders in the PDO library for years. There was a bunch of controlling and scary shit that LRH wanted run on members to keep them in line and to keep people from leaving. I mean the HCO Manual of Justice itself would have been a great tool for the Stasi, and LRH wrote it.

Is that aspect of Scientology going to be extant in the Indy version of Scientology? That’s what I’m concerned about and what many others are concerned about.

Look, I appreciate everything you’re doing in the media and drawing attention to the fact that David Miscavige is a raving lunatic of an asshole. I wholeheartedly agree and experienced that first hand. I witnessed DM beat up Marc Yager near the PDO art studio. I witnessed how almost every exec on the base became Miscavige clones. Even I started turning into someone I was not, and when I realized I couldn’t do that, and couldn’t take it anymore I got the hell out. I still wonder why it took some so much longer than I did to blow and start speaking out because it was already over-the-top insanity by 2000.

Most public Scientologists, Tech terminals, or others who worked less sensitive lines in my opinion are very unfamiliar with the more back channel, internal documents and orders that Hubbard wrote to keep people in line and in the fold. For me it was in my MAA and Sec Checker training, and getting deeper into that that woke me up to a world of Scientology that I didn’t like and eventually didn’t want anything to do with.

I have no problem with people who want to audit each other or believe in a philosophy, but when that philosophy includes methods to control the minds and bodies of others in it’s system, that’s where I draw the line and hope that others here in the Indy movement feel the same way or else somewhere down the line the insanity will grow again like a cancer.

Here's Marty's reply:

John Peeler | August 12, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Reply

“David Miscavige, David Lubow, Scientology PIs, Scientology lawyers, and Office of Special Affairs staff are not capable of telling the truth. They are only capable of lying. They have lied so often and brazenly for so long, nobody in his or her right mind believes a single bit of filth that issues from their sinister mouths.”

Marty, this is why there are people who hesitate to trust what’s going on with you and Mike Rinder being the defacto heads of the Independent Scientology movement. I mean you guys ran that shit for so long…

martyrathbun09 | August 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Reply

Edited to take out your quite rude and motivating dub-in and accusations designed clearly to drive attention from the topic at hand. My wife has faced 1,000 times what you ever faced, boy. And she ain’t sitting around motivating ten years later. When and if you ever get the courage, to confront a tiny corner of your own responsbility I’ll have you back. In the meantime, enjoy your sorrow over at ESMB.

I guess I've been declared an SP by the Indy camp apparently. I'll wear that too with a badge of honor.

It takes some people longer that others to realize that Hubbard, Miscavige, Rathbun, and several others have the same worldview, temperment, vocabulary, and various other traits.

I just don't understand why people even bother going to his site.

The qualities that Hubbard, Miscavige, and Rathbun have in common IS what Scientology DOES. That's the goal, to make a person be like them.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
I guess I've been declared an SP by the Indy camp apparently. I'll wear that too with a badge of honor.

See, that's what you get for bashing LRH-written policies AND marty, you nasty person, you :D

Btw. "the 1000-times worse, boy"-reply was the ugliest he let out so far on his blog as far as I can remember. There were a few others, but this one today really offends me. And I wasn't even involved.

bts2free

Patron with Honors
Is Marty saying that you pulled it in?

Thinking Scientologically, I believe so. He also obviously thinks that after a certain time frame, people should shut up and stop "motivating" about things done to them and by them years ago.

I don't think I was being rude. Maybe there was a bit of Human Emotion and Reaction included in my reply, and Scientologically I can see why he would edit that and ban me "until further notice."

Go figure.

Gadfly

Crusader
When and if you ever get the courage, to confront a tiny corner of your own responsbility I’ll have you back. - Marty Rathboner

Marty is such a dufus.

He throws these loaded words and concepts around in pure Hubbard style - "courage", "confront", "responsibility", and even the "I'll have you back" resonates with the dumbass notion of Scn ethics where they "leave the door open a crack" - for when you supposedly "see the light".

Marty lives in a dream world - a dream world built upon the crazy edifice of Hubbard's "applied religious philosophy". Marty still thinks with FAR TOO MANY Scientology concepts to ever come across as anything but a total fanatic loony Scientologist.

Marty was involved in Scientology, at the highest levels of the lunacy, for a major part of his adult life. I don't expect him to shed much of the stupidity for many years to come - if ever.

Being banned from Martyland is like being prevented from eating dogshit or having someone stop you from stepping on a nail. It is a GOOD THING - being banned from the psycho-land of Marty. It means that you ARE asking the right questions - questions that HE CAN'T CONFRONT and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
In reply to one of Marty's latest blogs entitled: Ground Zero for the Future of Scientology, I posted my concern about the new Indy movement and the fact that Marty and Rinder are essentially running it.

Well, Marty only allowed a partial segment of my comment to go through and then essentially banned me from his blog, which I rarely comment on anyway.

Regardless, I have some of the same concerns about Marty and Rinder running that show that I'm sure some others have. Anyway, per Marty I should come over here and "motivate." I will then.

Here's the article:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/ground-zero-for-the-future-of-scientology/

Here's my comment in full that was edited:

Here's Marty's reply:

Take it as a compliment. Marty is a grade - A loser living from the crumbs that fall from his former master's table.

Scientology's Martin Luther?

300px-Martin_Luther_w.jpg

No, Scientology's Rudolf Hess.

Rudolf_Hess_at_Nuremberg_prison.jpg

He's just scared of the truth.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

bts2free

Patron with Honors
As well, his edit of my comment makes me look like a complete ass without including the rest of it. I guess he's trying to put me in the "paid OSA" camp or something. I felt I needed to post the whole comment so people would see it and know what I had to say to him. Not that my opinion or experience really matters in the whole scheme of things. I just don't want to see that part of Scientology exist anymore - and has existed way before David Miscavige was even born.

loose cannon

Patron with Honors
I just don't understand why people even bother going to his site.

Because some material that he posts is interesting, some other is funny.

But it's the same round and round and little Davey isn't in jail yet nor anybody else who has committed crimes in Co$.

So now I'm finding most of his stuff boring. On the other hand lots of ex-scientologists seem to need a guru.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
As well, his edit of my comment makes me look like a complete ass without including the rest of it. I guess he's trying to put me in the "paid OSA" camp or something. I felt I needed to post the whole comment so people would see it and know what I had to say to him. Not that my opinion or experience really matters in the whole scheme of things. I just don't want to see that part of Scientology exist anymore - and has existed way before David Miscavige was even born.

Post your stuff here - he's an avid reader of ESMB.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Your opinion and experience d-o-e-s matter.:yes:

Marty heavily editing your submission says in action what your missing words were saying.:coolwink:

Face:)

Div6

Crusader

I agree that you need the whole post to get the context. I cannot speak for MR, but I do think that within the context of that series of posts, it was a bit of a derail (I am not saying it was intended that way.)

I do find this part of your OP interesting: "Gary Conely’s IG MAA program and the confidential LRH notes that went along with it ...." For those of us blessed to not have "Int Track", could you elaborate some on this? It is the first I heard of it, and it sounds intriguing.

As for the "H,E and R"...dare I ask if you have commed with him back channel? Like most people, when not in the spotlight and not "out-ruds", you may get a comm-cycle with more "band-width". But YMMV.

Veda

Sponsor
I think you tread into forbidden territory when you wrote that Hubbard was on management lines in 1982, and that his writings were "a bunch of controlling and scary shit that LRH wanted run on members to keep them in line and to keep them from leaving," and would have been "a great tool for the Stasi," etc.

The Scientology Martin Luther cannot allow anyone (other than a wog opinion leader, who might be tolerated, at least for a while) to disrespect the Messiah that way.

Marty responded:

"Edited to take out your rude and motivating dub-in and accusations designed clearly to drive attention from the topic at hand. My wife faced 1,000 times what you ever faced, boy. And she ain't sitting around motivating ten years later. When and if you ever get the courage, to confront a tiny corner of your own responsibility, I'll have you back. In the meantime, enjoy your sorrow over at ESMB."

At least he didn't call you a "punk."

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not excusing Marty, but viewing the latest of his squirrel buster series videos, hes looking under pressure.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I think you tread into forbidden territory when you wrote that Hubbard was on management lines in 1982, and that his writings were some "controlling and scary shit" and would have been "a great tool for the Stasi," etc.

The Scientology Martin Luther cannot allow anyone (other than a wog opinion leader, who might be tolerated, at least for a while) to disrespect the Messiah that way.

Marty responded:

"Edited to take out your rude and motivating dub-in and accusations designed clearly to drive attention from the topic at hand. My wife faced 1,000 times what you ever faced, boy. And she ain't sitting around motivating ten years later. When and if you ever get the courage, to confront a tiny corner of your own responsibility, I'll have you back. In the meantime, enjoy your sorrow over at ESMB."

At least he didn't call you a "punk."

Hey Marty:

e-thug.jpg