ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

BASIC INTRODUCTION TO HYPNOTIC INDUCTION

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by mockingbird, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Leon, It depends on whether you're talking ology or membership experience. With the latter, a lot of people were blackmailed and coerced. It was often very difficult to assert oneself.

2. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Hubbard only matters because he created an alter-ego that still exists.

Hubbard devised, and spent several decades refining, deceptive and manipulative doctrine - shrouded in "truth" and "goodness" - which he used on his followers.

It was the perfect mix: the ultimate "glue" formula.

There are laws against fraud. The fraudsters are responsible, not their victims.

The system Hubbard developed is maliciously booby-trapped.

Good luck sorting it out.

3. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

When trying to deliver information as you did, it may be read by those still under the influence. LaFayette said that Certainty is Knowledge and Knowledge is Certainty. This is the kind of word salad styling that almost makes sense, but serves no purpose, at first glance. To me, word games like that are for the already indoctrinated, so if Ron has used hypnotic suggestion and personality revisions on a person, they would hear that, and probably react by thinking - yeah, that's me. I get it. Ron gave me the tech, and I am certain in my knowledge. This is what indoctrination is.

in·doc·tri·nate
    verb \in-ˈdäk-trə-ˌnāt\
    To teach (someone) to fully accept the ideas, opinions, and beliefs of a particular group and to not consider other ideas, opinions, and beliefs.

He often gave words new meanings to achieve his goals of indoctrination, but how can you inform one who has chosen to build into their personality, these flawed ways of seeing the world?

4. Leon-2

Leon-2 Patron Meritorious

Another person can cause an event to happen. How you experience that event - both during and after it took place - is entirely your own doing. No one else is involved in that.

5. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

In a sense, I think that you are somewhat correct but not in a way that you would agree with

Visual hallucinations in schizophrenia: confusion between imagination and perception

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18444716

6. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

There's no troll like an old troll.

Given the pain and anguish suffered by the victims of Hubbard's evil cult, why else would somebody want to post the above on an ex scientologists bulletin board?

7. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Claire Swazey

I think he's another ex member. I assume that's why he'd find it interesting to post here.

9. Gib

Gib Crusader

of course he has no use for the COS.

but he has use for scientology.

I myself do not. The amount of time and effort I spent studying scientolog is actually a waste of a lifetime. I could have become a real engineer, or real philosopher, or even got a doctor degree,

and I would have been better off, now that I look back.

10. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

Definition of shore story < Interesting! By Mike McClaughry

"When we were about to take liberty in Hong Kong, we were given a briefing that the communists there were looking to capture one of us guys who worked in the intelligence department. If they found one of us, they would kidnap us and take us to Russia where we would be tortured and interrogated. We were told to remove the designations from our uniforms that indicated what our job was aboard the ship. While on liberty, if anyone asked us what our job was, our shore story was to tell them that we worked on the flight deck."

11. Gib

Gib Crusader

I hear yah Arnie,

scientology is one big shore story. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

12. Claire Swazey

Wasn't contesting or debating any of that. Leon is Leon, you are you.

13. Gib

Gib Crusader

what is Leon's POV?

from your POV?

14. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

If you have come to that point where you have found absolute understanding then you must realize, in that understanding, that others are still going through a learning process. So where your are in your complete understanding, why even respond to posts such as these?

15. George Layton

Now all you need to do is turn that thought around Claire, put the same askance to yourself as you are mockingbird. Simply imagine that your theory is less valid then the other. That Mockingbird has something to teach to you, not learn from you.

16. George Layton

If another person is involved in it while it is happening, I'm gonna guess that, yes, someone else is involved.

17. Claire Swazey

My comment to Leon about Mockingbird was pretty mild. I said that while I do sometimes think Mockingbird is talking at rather than talking to or with, that I thought that, ultimately, this is healthy and that it's because we're all just trying to figure out what to do and think after spending so much time and losing so much in the cult. I would guess that this is the reason most of us emphasize whichever points we choose to emphasize and do so as we chose.

And, as Kurt Vonnegut was wont to say, so it goes.

18. Gib

Gib Crusader

What's to figure out?

the cult is a scam, there are no clears or OT's.

While I believe we are talking to two Claire Swazey's.

One is Claire out of the COS

and one is Claire who has a husband that is still chasing the state of clear & OT in the freezone.

thus, we have two Claires posting here.

I, myself, know there are no clears and OT's.

19. Claire Swazey

Makes no sense. Having a husband doing FZ stuff doth not a CofS member make.

The plural form does not use apostrophes.

20. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Cults: Dr. Margaret Singer Speaks at Conference

[video=youtube;g9rj4R4QhQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9rj4R4QhQg[/video]

Dr. Robert J. Lifton on Destructive Cults

[video=youtube;8yDoPD5GeCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yDoPD5GeCE[/video]

Steve Hassan's Combatting Cult Mind Control - Audio Book Part 1 (abridged)

[video=youtube;fC8EK4UlaFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC8EK4UlaFs[/video]

Steve Hassan's Combatting Cult Mind Control - Audio Book Part 2 (abridged)

[video=youtube;fxq_ri42N5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxq_ri42N5A[/video]​