What's new

Battlefield Earth - officially worst movie EVA !!!

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors
Everyone to the mess hall, it's time for ORG awards!! We are going to be watching Battle Field Earth...AGAIN!!!! lolololololol

Stupid me, i thought it was just a bad movie. Turns out that it is actually the best movie ever and due to SP film critics and the wog's inability to confront quality cinema, this movie got horrible reviews.

I always found it funny that people would say shit like the above but at the same time say that the book was actually good and that the movie was based off a very small part of the book which is why it was so bad...but still the best movie ever.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Everyone to the mess hall, it's time for ORG awards!! We are going to be watching Battle Field Earth...AGAIN!!!! lolololololol

Stupid me, i thought it was just a bad movie. Turns out that it is actually the best movie ever and due to SP film critics and the wog's inability to confront quality cinema, this movie got horrible reviews.

I always found it funny that people would say shit like the above but at the same time say that the book was actually good and that the movie was based off a very small part of the book which is why it was so bad...but still the best movie ever.

I've not read much science fiction ever so cannot compare Battlefield Earth to other books, but I actually enjoyed it.

Even after I was long out of the CoS and Declared SP I was still looking forward to the movie when I heard it was coming out.

I saw some really bad reviews before going to see it, but was thinking that could be due in part to some anti-Hubbard/Scientology bias, and that the movie had to be better than was portrayed in the reviews I had read. There's been quite a few times in the past where a movie had really bad reviews but still I enjoyed watching it anyhow.

That wasn't the case with this movie. :no::omg:

I was really stunned and disappointed with how bad and unwatchable it was. It was truly the worst movie I had ever seen, with no close runner up.

The original screenwriter for Battlefield Earth actually apologized for this movie. :biggrin:
http://www.blastr.com/2010/03/battlefield_earth_writer.php

Here's an excerpt:
Let me start by apologizing to anyone who went to see "Battlefield Earth." It wasn't as I intended—promise. No one sets out to make a train wreck. Actually, comparing it to a train wreck isn't really fair to train wrecks, because people actually want to watch those. ...

I researched Scientology before signing on to the movie, to make sure I wasn't making anything that would indoctrinate people. ...

At dinner, John said again how much he loved the script and called it "The 'Schindler's List' of sci-fi."

My script was very, VERY different than what ended up on the screen. My screenplay was darker, grittier and had a very compelling story with rich characters. What my screenplay didn't have was slow motion at every turn, Dutch tilts, campy dialogue, aliens in KISS boots, and everyone wearing Bob Marley wigs. ...

I refused to incorporate the notes into the script and was fired.

I HAVE no idea why they wanted to go in this new direction, but here's what I heard from someone in John's camp: Out of all the books L. Ron wrote, this was the one the church founder wanted most to become a movie. He wrote extensive notes on how the movie should be made. ...

The only time I saw the movie was at the premiere, which was one too many times.

<snip>

Last edited:

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors
Funny story, the only movie i ever saw that was on par with this one was Art of War with Wesley snipes. To my surprise I latter found out that they were actually sold together at a really low rate.

Badlygiven

I'm glad I've never seen it. Some of Hubbard's early SF is Ok. I enjoyed Death's Deputy, Final Blackout, etc. . But I read a little of a story with some hero that was slightly too heroic was it Jettero Heller? I 'm blissfully ignorant because it was lousy and I was at that time de-scientologized enough to appreciate that.

mrtampa2

Patron
I was SO member when it came out... It did horribly in the box office, DM was scarred - we were sent out in buses to watch it daily to try to get some box office number for this movie. I personally was forced to see it 11 times. I enjoyed the back seats where I was able to take nice naps - as I hardly got any sleep when working in Clearwater...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I was SO member when it came out... It did horribly in the box office, DM was scarred - we were sent out in buses to watch it daily to try to get some box office number for this movie. I personally was forced to see it 11 times. I enjoyed the back seats where I was able to take nice naps - as I hardly got any sleep when working in Clearwater...

LOL

One day somebody will produce a 10-Part Documentary called:

KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING
Dub-Ins, Delusions & Defiantly Dumb Dupes

And one (1) of those ten parts will be simply titled: "KEEPING STATS WORKING"

And actors will re-create how Scientology super-gurus Commodore/COB faked their flummoxed fanatics and fools with fantasy stats.

Such as:

--sea org slaves being bussed to see boxoffice bomb BATTLEFIELD EARTH with the incredibly stupid idea that the extra ticket sales (paid for by duped parishioners) would make any even slightly noticeable difference ("Hey, wow! Ron's movie was down last week with only $13,021 in gross receipts worldwide. But this week Ron's movie is in total power with $ 19,892 !!!" (i.e. 140 staff members were each ordered to see the movie 10 time...which accounts for the sudden "surge" of $7000 new boxoffice, LOL)

--Scientologists being ordered to go into bookstores nationally to buy copies of Mission Earth in order to scam it up to the bestseller list. They were using "donations" by other scientologists. Then they'd re-sell those same copies to bookstores after convincing them the book was hot.

--Senior management having nothing but crashed stats to report at major events "manufacturing" something they can brag about to "prove" the BIG LIE that they are perpetually in power. ("...and that's not all that we did to ensure that this planet will be safe for theta beings for eternity--we released 7.4 billion promotional particles to planet earth, one for every single man, woman and child!" Some time later a staff member blows and confesses that the "particles" were the number of DOTS that, under magnification, can be seen in normally printed matter. So they are saying that they "sent out" and "disseminated" billions of dots, meaning they printed up a one-page flyer and handed it out for a couple hours on a local street in LA._​

Hey, there are hundreds of other absurdly asinine Scientology StatScams[SUP]tm[/SUP], don't get me started! LOL