What's new

BBC Panorama: Desperate Lies 2010 (footbullet from Freedommag)

Scn.Hun

Patron
There is already an answer to the BBC Panorama program on (xilon link!!!!!) freedommag.com
If you don't want to risk that the CofS finds out who you are then don't visit their xilon site but watch the Youtube version. I warned you!
Unsafe freedommag version: http://www.freedommag.org/special-reports/bbc/panorama-desperate-lies.html?link=coverimage

Safe youtube version:
First part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_W_HvQ8M2w
Second part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg5Oh76zJkU

BBC: Panorama Exposed (2007)
First part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7iFj1L5HnQ
Second part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j3EVS-JSx8

Last edited:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ditto!

I can't stomach watching these, can someone do a brief overview?
Ah...don't bother.

Also note, I clicked the "freedommag" link and my computer slowed way down - I did a "delete all" and it had quite a bit of stuff to get rid of... unusual, since I had just cleaned up all history, cookies, tem files and stuff yesterday...

Just sayin'... :confused2:

EP

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Also note, I clicked the "freedommag" link and my computer slowed way down - I did a "delete all" and it had quite a bit of stuff to get rid of... unusual, since I had just cleaned up all history, cookies, tem files and stuff yesterday...

Just sayin'... :confused2:

EP

I only looked at a bit of the first You Tube - I wouldn't go anywhere near freedum links...

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
Well, I hadn't eaten today yet, so I thought I 'll give it a watch.

It's the typical church DA stuff they dish out on a regular basis, and ofc as usual it ranges from comedy gold to making one puke. I am sure there several footbullets in it as well, but I just wanted to get over it and did not bother to look too deep.

In short, Sweeney is low-life tabloid reporter who seeks to make up for his shouting match with tommy spokeshole davis, by paying off the notorious drunkards, bullies, abusers and apostates Rinder and Rathbun.

And thats about the content, which takes them 20 minutes to deliver.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Interesting, in the first segment, Mike Rinder is portrayed as a 'junior assistant to Church Spokesman, Tommy Davis'. But, later in the segment, he's charged with 'getting revenge' on the man 'who replaced him' :)

Zinj

Scn.Hun

Patron
Mike Rinder an executive or junior assistant

There are some lies in the video about Mike Rinder. They say that he was removed from executive position in 2002 and worked up to the position of junior assistent in 2007, but they call him an executive every time when they show him on the video from 2007. How can it be???

My comments are between [brackets]

The first video on youtube at 00:50
"Mike Rinder, a former church executive, removed 5 years earlier [in 2002] for a continued pattern of incompetence ..."
"Now [in 2007] worked up to the position of junior assisten."

The fourth video on youtube at 2:52
"Next, Scientology executives insist on taking them to the Churches Pacific coast complex ..."
There are two scientologists on the video: Mike Rinder and Tommy Davis. So they should be the executives.

The fourth video on youtube at 7:57
"A church executive confronts Sweeney and asks him ..."
The church executive on the video is Mike Rider, in 2007. Oooops.

FOOTBULLET!!!!!!

Last edited:

themadhair

Patron Meritorious
Hoping Sweeney got decent audio of the Rinder family confrontation. Would show the cult deliberately lied about it.

Scn.Hun

Patron
Interesting, in the first segment, Mike Rinder is portrayed as a 'junior assistant to Church Spokesman, Tommy Davis'. But, later in the segment, he's charged with 'getting revenge' on the man 'who replaced him' :)

Zinj

Yeah, and look at the first video from youtube from 7:48 to 08:06. Miker Rinder is sleepy and skinny like hell. That's what RPF does to someone.

Scn.Hun

Patron
Tommy Davis lies

Tommy Davis told to John Sweeney in 2007 that Scientology didn't send private investigators after him, but in the scientology video you can see all the footage the PI's made.

Another FOOTBULLET!!!!!! :D

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
:drowning:

Well, I made it through the first one. That narrator's voice just cracks me up. . . .trying to use the tone scale . . . kind of reminiscent of that horrible "can we ever be friends" tape from years ago. I think those people get so used to how they sound doing their TR's that they don't realize how ridiculous it sounds to those of outside the Truman Show.

The only people they are going to reach with this are the ones already so indoctrinated it wouldn't matter anyway. But you've gotta give them credit for trying. They're going to go down swinging anyway.:punch:

It is kind of intriguing to watch them try to climb out of this with 1950's tech that wasn't really that good even back then.

:hourglass: :timebomb:

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Desperate Lies is a Desperate Attempt to have a first strike at Panorama. I am sure that the gen-pop will see through this fraud.

Wisened One

Crusader
Made it throu like 1 minute of the first vid. Gawd. Ain't gonna bother watching until after I watch the REAL Program on BBC, first!

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
who will see their videos anyway?

We are talking about a worldwide highly respected channel (BBC) which will be seen by millions all over the world.
$cientology's version and story will hardly be seen by anybody at all, as they don't hapen to be a broadcasting company, but just a shitty little cult that makes films and send them out to people, or posts them on Youtube.
Wonder how many hits their videos will get?
Don't they realize that they are trying to bite off more than they can chew?
Pathetic little insignificant CULT!! :yes:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I wonder how much their Desperate Lies (and its future distribution on numerous junk-mailed DVDs...) cost to make?

A lot of Golden Era's work is done by agencies now, because they're so short-staffed. A video editing job like that, with voiceovers, titles and graphics... quarter of a million? Half a million? Not including the cost of management time.

Wise investment? I think not.

I look forward to getting a copy, though. Souvenir. I'll keep my Panorama recording in the same box.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
There are some lies in the video about Mike Rinder. They say that he was removed from executive position in 2002 and worked up to the position of junior assistent in 2007, but they call him an executive every time when they show him on the video from 2007. How can it be???

My comments are between [brackets]

The first video on youtube at 00:50
"Mike Rinder, a former church executive, removed 5 years earlier [in 2002] for a continued pattern of incompetence ..."
"Now [in 2007] worked up to the position of junior assisten."

The fourth video on youtube at 2:52
"Next, Scientology executives insist on taking them to the Churches Pacific coast complex ..."
There are two scientologists on the video: Mike Rinder and Tommy Davis. So they should be the executives.

The fourth video on youtube at 7:57
"A church executive confronts Sweeney and asks him ..."
The church executive on the video is Mike Rider, in 2007. Oooops.

FOOTBULLET!!!!!!

Rinder talks about being taken out of the hole to speak at an event after 2002. The video footage of the event will have the title they gave him for the event.

This will show they are lying in this video.