bed time stories

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Back in 1981 when I was D/CO EU I had ben talking with my sister back home in the UK and she reminded me about our father telling us bedtime stories and I realized that I had not been doing that for Chris. So I decided to do something about it. Chris shared a room with three other boys in the Nordland - two of them were Swiss French kids (father's name - Andre?) and on Saturday nights I would sit up in the room and tell them stories. Well, English stories. It got to be a very elaborate thing and, by one point there were 10 kids crowded in the room, none of whom were actually falling asleep. So if you meet any of those kids now and they have memories of Butter Mountains, dragons and Marzipan Mines - you know where they got them.

An an aside - did you know what incredible memories 6 year old kids can have for stories? Man, all the details had to be right - every week.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
In my daughter's very young years, I read short simple bedtime stories to her just before she went to bed. I did this almost every night for quite awhile. (And she would remind me on some occassions when it looked like I was busy.)

I recommend that all parents do this whenever possible. :)

(We also had alphabet learning just before bedtime... then later... phonics reading leasons that I made up. And she would remind me on some occassions when it looked like I was busy.)