What's new

Bedbugs

ozzie

Patron with Honors
You think bedbugs are bad! what about cockroaches crawling across your nose while you are sleeping in you bunk - one of four or five stacked in a dorm on a ship with no air conditioning in places like Morocco. Where they breed so fast you can't kill em fast enuf. Maybe you had enuf room to roll over but not enuf room to sit up. Cockroaches constantly crawling everywhere - even inside your blankets!
Now that was gross! We did however have cockroach "derbies" where we would be rewarded for finding nests and killing them. If I remember correctly we got something like ten bucks! Mind you ten bucks was a lot compared to what we got paid then - actually it was called "allowance" we weren't allowed to call it pay!

Aaaaaaah those were the days - sigh..............

:old:

ozzie

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
You think bedbugs are bad! what about cockroaches crawling across your nose while you are sleeping in you bunk - one of four or five stacked in a dorm on a ship with no air conditioning in places like Morocco. Where they breed so fast you can't kill em fast enuf. Maybe you had enuf room to roll over but not enuf room to sit up. Cockroaches constantly crawling everywhere - even inside your blankets!
Now that was gross! We did however have cockroach "derbies" where we would be rewarded for finding nests and killing them. If I remember correctly we got something like ten bucks! Mind you ten bucks was a lot compared to what we got paid then - actually it was called "allowance" we weren't allowed to call it pay!

Aaaaaaah those were the days - sigh..............

:old:

ozzie

I love your smile.... (with one tooth missing, thats great!!) :love2:

I remember a few times at PAC, waking up with roaches around. They gross me out even to this day. I wont even step on them because they dirty my shoes. I remember I stepped on one by accident. Those shoes ended up in the trash immediately. I cant stand cockroaches. GROSS!!!

ozzie

Patron with Honors
Roaches

Why thank you kindly Bea! - I kinda like the toothless grin too. :yes:

Yup I hate cockroaches too - always have since that time - you know what is really gross? Waking up to find one in your mouth :drool: :puke2:

As I said ............those were the days....... :eyeroll:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Why thank you kindly Bea! - I kinda like the toothless grin too. :yes:

Yup I hate cockroaches too - always have since that time - you know what is really gross? Waking up to find one in your mouth :drool: :puke2:

As I said ............those were the days....... :eyeroll:

I thank god every night because that has never happened to me.

albert036

Patron
Wasn't Jim Garrett in NWC? They got everyone who was OT III who wasnt suicidal and put them in NWC at one point. Dont know if he stayed.

Binda? Who is that. Vague memory... dont remember.

Jim Garrett went to NWC Int and was the Services Chief, then got busted and was in the ILO galley.

Lyci Binda was or still is the IMEC Rep – a total cunt. Last I knew she was being replaced by Sarah Fear, former EEI and currently IMEC Comm..

petraph33

Patron with Honors
Sarah Fear

So this is where Sarah is, still at Int, so sad. Do you know what happened to Odile Mueller (she might have her maiden name again now) last I heard was that she was LCI, but she was supposed to go uplines to be ED Int's sec?? And do you know what happened to Helen and Phillippe Lumbroso? Helen was CFD EU and Phillippe the CO I HELP EU, but Helen reportedly moved uplines to be the IFD? I would appreciate any information you have on them or if you know anyone who could have the info. Thanks :thumbsup:
Petra

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I remember a few times at PAC, waking up with roaches around. They gross me out even to this day. I wont even step on them because they dirty my shoes. I remember I stepped on one by accident. Those shoes ended up in the trash immediately. I cant stand cockroaches. GROSS!!!

Sounds like a job for ROBOMAN!

Seriously, give roaches a whack with Paul's Robot Auditor.

Or take the charge off with The Yawn Machine. You can use it offline anywhere, even riding your bike if you're careful. :)

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Assuming its something the pc wants handled.

What about loving spiders? I love them. They are cool.

I prefer spiders to roaches too. I don't usually mind the odd spider crawling around a room I'm in, although I won't allow webs to remain there. It helps to live somewhere where they aren't poisonous. :)

With the Robot suggestion, yes, it is really about getting rid of unwanted charge. Wanting to remove roaches from a space one lives in is natural. Freaking out over one isn't, unless it crawled up your nose or something. Having them as pets and adoring them would be strange, although the admiration per se tends to be therapeutic.

Paul

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I dont freak on them. I just dont want them under my shoes. I dodge them. I cant stand having them on my shoes. Gross.

I have found brown recluses in my place. Doesnt spook me at all.

I guess I believe in Fate. That is my God.

I'm not moving out of the way for anything. Except my shoes will not end up above any roaches. Eww!!

----

Hey Paul, do you remember the two guys from the boiler room at PAC? The ones that live there (or they did until about 2002 or 2003?).

One day I was at the horseshoe waiting for a ride. I think I was headed to the HGB. There was a HUGE roach (palmetto? Is that what they are called) running around on the sidewalk. The one guy from the boiler room was walking by and he was saying hi to me and did not see the bug. As you know, I am horrified about them being on my shoes - and he stepped on it by accident. The bug just hunkered down. He lifted his foot as he was walking, and the bug just got up and ran off. I mentioned it to the guy and he said "thats cause I'm walking 6 inches off the ground".

He was a cute old man. Probably not living anymore.

Rumor was the two of them came with the building when we bought it. I dont know if that is true, but they were around a long time.

I know one of them accidentally fell out of the 7th floor window once. He lived. Broken bones or something. Maybe that was another rumor.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey Paul, do you remember the two guys from the boiler room at PAC? The ones that live there (or they did until about 2002 or 2003?).

I remember one old guy from there, and a remark from someone in Pac Base Crew that when he died they'd be screwed because he knew so much about the boilers and no-one else there knew squat by comparison.

Palmetto Bugs. Yes. Hardy creatures!

Paul

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I remember one old guy from there, and a remark from someone in Pac Base Crew that when he died they'd be screwed because he knew so much about the boilers and no-one else there knew squat by comparison.

Palmetto Bugs. Yes. Hardy creatures!

Paul

They replaced all the boilers in the 2000's and so I think they were automatic (I am not sure, I dont know squat about boilers) and did not need full time maintenance anymore.

I believe one of the guys passed away years ago. The other one is just living there in the boiler room. Hes been there since the 70's and that is what he does.

I dont know if he does anything more than cleaning there now.

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
...The other one is just living there in the boiler room. Hes been there since the 70's and that is what he does.

I dont know if he does anything more than cleaning there now.

Yeah, I know who you're talking about. Don't remember his name but must've been in his 80's, always wore white coveralls. Someone said he came with the buildings when they were bought (joke?). I don't know, He didn't seem like staff, was never at musters or any meetings, just saw him at meals.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
bedbugs and bleach

I remember the bedbugs. I was often on all nighters doing special projects with impossible deadlines, so would be going to bed 2-3 in the am at times and saw those little buggers crawling up the walls after having feasted on me!!!!! Fleas are small, bedbugs can get up to a centimeter in size. Especially when they are full of blood.
That is an experience I wont ever forget.

Does anyone remember the food poisoning episode at PAC in 1975? Quaranteen and projectiles out of both ends? On mattresses on the floor of one room in the corner of the complex, dozens of us for over a week. I was on the EPF and was told that an RPFer had washed the dishes with bleach, yet failed to rinse. I was told the RPFer was an SP and at the time that sounded so bad and horrid. I dont know that I believe much of what I was told. Especially now that I am considered Fair Game.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
Yeah after being EPF IC for years. Dunno where he is now except in HGB?

Lissie Binda was some kind of int exec, maybe from wherever they ran the int missions from? I know she was on the mission to st hill size asho that was run by someone from WDC. She was very short and had short dark hair. Scary when she yelled!! omg

I always wondered about that mission, because it failed, so were these high high up execs "mission ineligable"?

So were lots of OT IIIs suicidal then?
it was Lyci Binda...Born and raised from NY CLO........her mom is still trying to connect with her after 25+ years of disconnect ..so sad