What's new

Beghe, Moltavo, Rathbun and the Law

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
As an aside, I'm always amazed at the amount of PI activity surrounding the cos. I simply don't know of any organization that does it on that scale. It's simply very bizarre.

I'm sipping my morning coffee and thinking that these people really are from another planet.

And, if M&M really wanted the threat to go away, how come they don't simply call in some documentary film team [eager students with nothing better to do] to follow them around. This type of documentary would be an easy sale to many news outlets. Cable TV would squeeze it in between "Cops" and "Pit Bulls and Parolees".

Bizarre, bizarre, bizarre.

Has anyone on this message board seen anything like this outside of the cos?

The only way that this overuse of PI's makes sense is if DMiscavage is genuinely afraid of losing his position and perhaps going to jail. What is he hiding?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The only way that this overuse of PI's makes sense is if DMiscavage is genuinely afraid of losing his position and perhaps going to jail. What is he hiding?

What ISN'T he hiding?

The assault/battery and financial irregularities over ten or twenty years are almost common knowledge, as well as the Lisa McPherson mess. Why stop there? There's no-one around to say "no" and his conscience doesn't work any more if it ever did.

Paul

What ISN'T he hiding?

The assault/battery and financial irregularities over ten or twenty years are almost common knowledge, as well as the Lisa McPherson mess. Why stop there? There's no-one around to say "no" and his conscience doesn't work any more if it ever did.

Paul

Miscavige isn't alone, Rathbun is doing his best to keep the focus off of the cult's abuses and on his silly ass games with Miscavige.

Boojuum

What ISN'T he hiding?

Paul

What combination of mis-deed and prosecuting attorney would result in anything happening?

Apparently, the FBI has heard a lot of testimony but nothing has happened. If the Federal government is going to make a case, they'll need to justify a huge expense because the cos will fight any allegations tooth and nail. If the US government spends 20 million dollars prosecuting a case which only shows that DM slapped some underpaid staff members and gave himself a big salary, it's not enough of a crime to warrant pursuing the case. The Feds would need something more substantial and I'm not sure what it is. There's the rub for Davey, who knows full well what the Feds would like to hear as I suspect do M&M. I don't know where the bodies are buried, thankfully, and maybe that's why PI's don't follow me around.

It's my understanding that a federal prosecutor has to select from numerous cases of murder, racketeering, money laundering, prostitution, and various drug crimes. Only the crimes with the strongest evidence make it to trial.

IMHO, the only way Davey gets to trial is with very strong evidence (that he's had years to shred or otherwise conceal) AND a prosecuting attorney makes the conscious decision that the cos is a very bad organization that needs to be stopped. The cos seems to be working hard at convincing the public that it is indeed a bad organization so the likelihood of David Miscavage being brought to justice becomes more likely every day.

Gadfly

Crusader
What combination of mis-deed and prosecuting attorney would result in anything happening?

Apparently, the FBI has heard a lot of testimony but nothing has happened. If the Federal government is going to make a case, they'll need to justify a huge expense because the cos will fight any allegations tooth and nail. If the US government spends 20 million dollars prosecuting a case which only shows that DM slapped some underpaid staff members and gave himself a big salary, it's not enough of a crime to warrant pursuing the case. The Feds would need something more substantial and I'm not sure what it is. There's the rub for Davey, who knows full well what the Feds would like to hear as I suspect do M&M. I don't know where the bodies are buried, thankfully, and maybe that's why PI's don't follow me around.

It's my understanding that a federal prosecutor has to select from numerous cases of murder, racketeering, money laundering, prostitution, and various drug crimes. Only the crimes with the strongest evidence make it to trial.

IMHO, the only way Davey gets to trial is with very strong evidence (that he's had years to shred or otherwise conceal) AND a prosecuting attorney makes the conscious decision that the cos is a very bad organization that needs to be stopped. The cos seems to be working hard at convincing the public that it is indeed a bad organization so the likelihood of David Miscavage being brought to justice becomes more likely every day.

Yeah, the Church of Scientology, simply by BEING the Church of Scientology and following standard LRH policy, cannot help but "work hard at convincing the public that it is indeed a bad organization".

Opter

Yeah, the Church of Scientology, simply by BEING the Church of Scientology and following standard LRH policy, cannot help but "work hard at convincing the public that it is indeed a bad organization".

Exactly.:omg:

Opter

Boojuum

Sortof like gravity.

AnonKat

Crusader
xenubarb | June 5, 2011 at 10:23 am | Reply

Hey Marty,
The next time you come to LA, I would love to trail around with you and get the full RTC experience.
I was suspicious of the Montalvo story. Too many unexplained holes people were trying to fill in with speculation. Good to know.
BREAKING NEWS! This just in, TMZ does not vet its sources or research stories given them by Scientology, Inc.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/a-race-against-jail/#comment-127681

Marty is distorting the facts as he has a history of doing.

According to TMZ: "Montalvo went to the Malibu cop shop and filed a report. The Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff's Station investigated the incident and sent the case to the D.A. for possible misdemeanor battery prosecution against Beghe."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/01/x-men...ontalvo-process-server-assualt-confrontation/

There is nothing in the article that says Danny filed charges against Jason. People file reports all the time with the police & sheriff, and if, in their investigation they believe an incident occurred, they forward the info to the DA for a final decision on whether to bring charges. The DA rarely brings charges against a defendant if the victim refuses to prosecute.

The fact that Marty is claiming a deputy sheriff will soon be out of a job demonstrates that, in fact, an incident did occur, the extent of which we do not know.

Seriously... if the weed-wacking incident was a "blatant lie" made up by OSA, why would be Marty be claiming that a deputy sheriff risks losing his job over it?

Gadfly

Crusader
Sort of like gravity.

There are so MANY possible applicable analogies.

The apple never falls far from the tree . . . .

Throw the rock up in the air, and it WILL always fall down (often on your head if you are dumb enough NOT to move out of the way) . . . .

Geez, Hubbarded DESIGNED the whole organization to function on the simple notion that:

If you do THIS, then THAT will happen! And, he makes very sure that you will ONLY do what he spelled out exactly in Scientology policy. To do otherwise is a severe "KSW violation". :ohmy:

And, THAT keeps happening over and over and over and over as far as the nasty/deceitful/manipulative results of the Church of Scientology go. The Church members simply MUST "follow standard LRH policy", and the HUGE reservoir of "negative Scientology data" will only continue to grow, week after week, month after month, and year after year.

It seems that a sort of "critical mass" (hee-hee, "critic") will have to be reached, where the "law of diminishing returns" will necessitate a point where the sum total of the combined "facts and evidence making the Church of Scientlogy look REALLY stupid, nasty and bad" will get SO incredibly large & MASSIVE, as compared to any "good and positive news" (which will almost always ONLY be church manufactured PR), that the Church of Scientology may suffer a near cataclysmic IMPLOSION where it suddenly experiences a sort of "fission process" where it rapidly eats itself up and VANISHES! :omg:

Dang, wouldn't THAT be nice! :yes:

It is sort of a "bubble". Like the housing bubble that existed for so long right before the stock market crash in 2007-2008 leading up the RAPID disintegration of Lehman Brothers. The stock market, the housing market, AND the primary "big Wall Street firms" were/are all built and sustained on a HUGE MOUNTAIN OF LIES. As the nature of SOME of these lies became known, specifically as related to sub-prime loans, financial derivatives, credit default swaps, the bubble collapsed. And, it collapsed fast and hard. As the Church of Scientology is built on a HUGE BUBBLE of lies, false assertions and, and the common intentional misrepresentation of "truth", once this is SEEN and SPOTTED, the whole thing will have a tendency to contract HARD.

Last edited:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Law

The thing is CofS has lost 90% of it's members in the last 3 years simply from people sharing their stories. Every week more Scilon's see that the Church is not interested in saving humanity and looks at what is going on. Each book from former members has put another piece to the puzzle out there and backed up stories of abuse.

We don't need Marty to "mock up" stories, in fact I find it ALL very tedious.
Why would the cult even waste their time with him anyway??
It's not like he is anyone of importance (IMO).

It's too bad Marty wasn't around 60 years ago to save us from Hubbard and his Radical Scientology

Re: saving us

Chuck, I feel it is more a case of jealousy that HE does not have the (cob) job.

It goes well beyond jealousy. He wasted his entire adult life being Miscavige's waterboy in a silly ass role playing game and when he was no longer of use to Miscavige, he was kicked to the curb.

About two years ago he finally realized what an utter chump he was and he wants revenge, but he has to be careful not to expose any of Hubbard's abuses or expose the truth about Hubbard and his cult in any way, since he relies solely on perpetuating Hubbard's silly ass con game for income.

It's like watching an episode of the Jerry Springer Show that never ends.

Outethicsofficer

Where's the video footage of the threat to pedestrian lives by driving on the sidewalk?

Where's the footage of the car used as a missile into Mikes car?

Where are the police reports?

No we get footage of 20 MPH down Pacific Coast Highway and a blurry bandana.

Bullshit!

And if the car was rammed they would have had to fill out an insurance claim on return of the rental, no dox...
James

Boojuum

The stock market, the housing market, AND the primary "big Wall Street firms" were/are all built and sustained on a HUGE MOUNTAIN OF LIES. ... As the Church of Scientology is built on a HUGE BUBBLE of lies, false assertions and, and the common intentional misrepresentation of "truth", once this is SEEN and SPOTTED, the whole thing will have a tendency to contract HARD.

It's the lying thing that is the basis of an unsustainable organization. I just heard a terrific interview with James Stewart who just wrote a book about the destructive nature of perjury. http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2011/04/james-b-stewart-how-perjury-affects-society.html

The book highlights how lying was at the basis of the recent financial meltdown but moreso how people such as Martha Stewart, Bobby Bonds, Scooter Libby, and Bernie Madoff readily committed perjury which is a FELONY in order to gain a superficial level of success. These people all asked co-workers to lie while under oath using the loyalty button as leverage. :hotwater:
Typically, the underling has NOTHING to gain and is committing a federal crime while protecting the illegal activity of the person in power.

Hmmmm. Sound familiar?:hmm:

The cos has been lying about so much for so long. The news media and even message boards like this thrive on exposing these lies, which makes life for Davey pretty squirmy.

Reminds me of an old redneck saying, "You go to hell fer lyin', same as stealin'."

Atcause

Patron
What's this little tid bit all all about?

"Did you make Rinder get into an accident yet? Then you didn’t cut him off enough, you didn’t dirty his needle enough, you’ve got to drive the fucker off the road. Put them in jail goddamn it! Put the motherfuckers in jail. Fuckers, Rinder and Rathbun would have had them in jail by now!

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
What's this little tid bit all all about?

"Did you make Rinder get into an accident yet? Then you didn’t cut him off enough, you didn’t dirty his needle enough, you’ve got to drive the fucker off the road. Put them in jail goddamn it! Put the motherfuckers in jail. Fuckers, Rinder and Rathbun would have had them in jail by now!

ah, Clammie is starting to think she might end up liking the newbie after all...this is kinda priceless

"Fuckers, Rinder and Rathbun would have had them in jail by now!”

It's the Same Old Shit - can't get any good help. All of the good thug-bots are wise to DM's shakey paper tiger, and are staying away, so he has to pay for dick-wad substitutes - it's Hubbards old havingness scale in action... Next he'll waste the substitutes... and then.....

He'll have to reinstate M&M so they can off themselves.....

Maybe we all should take the N.Y.I. mail order PI course, and DM can pay us all that groovey cash, hell - we're at least as twice as smart as your average thug-bot.

Mimsey the enforcer

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Real

Can anyone verify that Marty was followed by PI's in 6 cars ??
Video just looks like heavy traffic to me, just saying....

I just watched 60 minutes - the piece on Lady Gaga - about how she studies the sociology of fame - how she creates attention, and on how to put it on what she wants to be seen.

Your point, Lohan2008, is spot on, M&M want to look like they are being followed, they want Casita Blanca to be assaulted by various pi's - it is just PR spin to make themselves important. Much the same as DM needs them - to keep the flow of money coming into the Ministry of Truth. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in cahoots.

The other story was the excavation under Jerusalum by Jewish Archeologists. The wife and I were struck by the ron-bot glow in their eyes as they are buying up Arab houses from the poor, and reselling them to Jewish settlers, are planning on bulldozing 22 houses for a religous theme park, all this to regain their homeland of 3500 years ago - 500 years before Mohamed strode the earth - religous one-upmanship - their stary-eyed certainty David walked the earth in those caves they are excavating - god - so familiar, so scary.

Mimsey the couch potato