Beheadings, Hangings, Shootings Oh My!

jojo

Patron
According to Karen Pouw, the courts are not allowed to get involved with the ethics and justice handlings of the church. So if there is testimony about beatings, torture and forced abortions, that is strictly ministerial justice handlings and cannot be interfered with. This means anything goes folks! The co$ is truly above the law.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Yes and no, it doesn't mean that a church can break the law. That's why a Mormon can have only one wife. So beatings, kidnapping, human trafficking, starving and extortion are actually illegal.

A Jehova's witness can break the rules and have a blood transplant, no JW Elder would be allowed in to a hospital to pull the tubes out even though it's against their rules.

A person has the choice whether to take meds or not. Someone not allowing a patient meds when prescribed would be very naughty. Someone imprisoning a dying woman would not be acceptable for any cult calling itself a religion.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
According to Karen Pouw, the courts are not allowed to get involved with the ethics and justice handlings of the church. So if there is testimony about beatings, torture and forced abortions, that is strictly ministerial justice handlings and cannot be interfered with. This means anything goes folks! The co$ is truly above the law.

Karen Pouw is probably making the mistake of incorrectly confusing the concept of "religous beliefs" vs "religous practices".

Taking it futher Karen Pouw is probably making the mistake of further incorrectly confusing the concept of "religous practices" vs "criminal practices".

She probably thinks that if NAMBLA became a religon then the men in NAMBLA could pratice "Jerry Sandusky rituals" with the boys that they are able to convert into religous NAMBLA acolytes.

Karen Pouw has been M9ing the wrong materials, not that I'm an advocate of M9ing anything. She has been M9ing too much LRH and not enough real world materials.

Rd00

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Karen Pouw is probably making the mistake of incorrectly confusing the concept of "religous beliefs" vs "religous practices".

You think she likes her job? I bet she hates it with a passion, with every press release of any importance being micro-managed by Mr Micro himself, thereby keeping her in a permanent bypass situation.

I remember the first time I spoke to her. I had just arrived in LA and I had to check her out on some issue. On the first or second question I flunked her. She looked amazed! I don't think she was surprised that she got something wrong, but more that her experience had probably been rote checkouts where no-one checks your understanding and as long as you say something it will be fine.

I found her to be quite bright.

Well, apart from that Scientology thing, but many of us used to suffer from that.

Paul

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
You think she likes her job? I bet she hates it with a passion, with every press release of any importance being micro-managed by Mr Micro himself, thereby keeping her in a permanent bypass situation.

I remember the first time I spoke to her. I had just arrived in LA and I had to check her out on some issue. On the first or second question I flunked her. She looked amazed! I don't think she was surprised that she got something wrong, but more that her experience had probably been rote checkouts where no-one checks your understanding and as long as you say something it will be fine.

I found her to be quite bright.

Well, apart from that Scientology thing, but many of us used to suffer from that.

Paul

Paul,

I think the best thing you could do for Karen Pouw at this time would be to contact her and give her another big fat "flunk".

If she says something along the lines of "just following order" then send her to cramming.

Paul's Robot can cram people right?

Rd00

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul's Robot can cram people right?

Rd00

What a Cramming Officer is supposed to do is something like:
  1. Fly the person's ruds
  2. Interview him to determine the real situation requiring the cramming order
  3. If the person made an error, write a cramming program (of stuff already studied that he is supposed to know) covering the why for a slightly more general area, to clear up mu's, false data, do more drilling etc etc
  4. Get the program completed
  5. Send data promptly on what was found and what was done to the originator of the cram.

This is modified by operational necessities like covering both your asses if the cram order is from a stupid exec who doesn't know what he is doing but if you piss him off is likely to have you shot. And making up for missing materials in the hat. The real EP is the guy doesn't end up in Cramming again for the same thing.

PaulsRobot can do (1) superlatively well, assuming the person is sessionable (fat chance with OSA Int staff). PaulsRobot can also do False Data Stripping moderately well.

As for the rest, no way José.

I know you were joking, but I did give it some thought a while ago.

Paul

jojo

Patron

Taking it futher Karen Pouw is probably making the mistake of further incorrectly confusing the concept of "religous practices" vs "criminal practices".

She probably thinks that if NAMBLA became a religon then the men in NAMBLA could pratice "Jerry Sandusky rituals" with the boys that they are able to convert into religous NAMBLA acolytes.

Karen Pouw has been M9ing the wrong materials, not that I'm an advocate of M9ing anything. She has been M9ing too much LRH and not enough real world materials.

Rd00

This is a quote from her statement on ABC7Local.com:
Courts cannot interfere with ecclesiastical ethics and justice proceedings even were Cook's one-sided revisionist history true. She has already been expelled from the Church and a court may not interfere with that without violating the First Amendment. For over a century, the Supreme Court has made clear that courts must abstain from examining matters, which concern church discipline.

Even were Cook's one-sided revisionist history were true... that she was placed in a garbage can and slapped and repeatedly, had water poured over her head, forced to sleep on a dirty floor with ants crawling all over her, deprived of decent food to eat, deprived of sleep, witnessing others being beaten.... if this were true, according to Pouw, a court may not interfere with that without violating the First Amendment.

I don't think Pouw is the only one who interprets the First Amendment this way. I believe the judge in the Headley case may have shared this m/u as well as quite a few other judges in recent proceedings. I think these judges fear interfering with the First Amendment more than they fear the repercussions of allowing the church to continue human trafficking, torture, forced labor, etc. and the FBI, where are they in all this?

Perhaps if the complaints were of a sexual nature instead of human rights something would be done. It seems like that's the only thing they respond to.