What's new

Belfast Gay Pride says no to Anonymous

Antagone

Patron
What "assumption" do I have?

Quite a few.

They were rejected on the day before for the Belfast Pride Parade. That's the absolute. They gave VERY valid reasons meant to and by the committee.

No we were not. We were given downright lies which can easily be disproved by a read of the Belfast Anonymous site.

I would be very shocked if the Pride Committee didn't have an office, phone number or email.

Thank you for displaying you did not read my original post at all. If you had, you would have seen I sent a reply.

What I have yet to see is a follow up call mentioned or a visit to the office. Only waiting for volunteers to reply, I'd hate to see what these folks do for a living. I work in events and if I don't hear from entities that I wish to participate in I follow up or goto the office.

Agan you seem unable to grasp basic facts. The parade was today, I received the email rejection yesterday. No telephone number is listed for the organisation and I would be dubious of approaching their offices until I'm assured that the lies they included in their email to myself is an aberration. Until then I will assume that any group with can meet a polite application of participation with such fallacies would view my approaching their offices as some form of threat.

Generally, with most Pride's, you can walk up to the Marshall's and ask for entry. Seeing that the event is occurring now I'm sure we won't have a response to that until later after the event. I've yet to see them not allow for an oversight if you bring the paperwork or speak to the leaders in charge.

You really don't read my posts do you? I've already reported what happened to the Anons who were standing in a public area, where they had every legal right to be.

How can we question and whine when an organization made a decision. Esp when there's no relevance to the situation.

I'll question and whine, as you so sarcastically phrase it, when I, and other participants in Belfast Anonymous, are blatantly accused of something we had not done.

Antagone

Patron
Weird message you got back, if you´r denied, whe talk of training or did I miss something?

Out of curiosity, is the pride festival still controversial in Ireland?

No, you didn't miss anything and I'm surprised the organisers of a major event weren't able to compose a more coherent email. However, we are talking about the same people who looked at our forums and read that we were threatening to take part whether permission was granted or not. Since no such threat exists on our site, I'm going to go with the idea that both their reading and writing skills aren't up to much.

Arcangel

Patron
or the primary focus to come was to protest a cult.

Secondary, prior to last evening you did not call or visit the Belfast Pride office in the weeks leading up after the submission of the application you didn't call, email or visit the Belfast Pride office to check on the status.

This above activity would have occurred well before Friday before the receipt of the email you described. I'm asking about pro-activity. I'm sure those that DID march in the parade worked with the office and did not receive the "yes or no" the evening before.

Arcangel

Patron
Basically, what you got was a kind of fuck off message with where to meet and line up. How difficult is this to comprehend, seriously?

More importantly what are you bringing to gay pride belfast with Anon. What purpose of protesting Scn is benefit to Gay Pride? (Have yet to get a response.)

Lastly, what does Belfast Anon contribute to the gay community there in volunteer hours, cash or professional expertise like those on the floats (in the response email) do?

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
Arcangle, you can catch more bees with honey.

in order to get empathy you must give a little empathy. :coolwink:

p.s i had no idea........but it explaines a tun :ohmy:

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
Arcangle, you really are an ass. You ask "What purpose of protesting Scn is benefit to Gay Pride? (Have yet to get a response.)"

Are you just acting stupid or is it an inherent part of your nature? May I answer your question with another question before I answer your original question?

What's the point in protesting scientology at all? Why even bother?

Public education, about an evil organisation, including gays and the whole spectrum of LGBT, repeat this 3 times.

And as I'm here I'll add this regarding the scientology attitude to gayness.

My brother is a scientologist for the last 23 years and gay. He told me that gayness was out-ethics and therefore the cure was to find the correct Conditions Formula and apply that. As I recall he was suggesting Liability on the Second Dynamic, for starters, going lower if necessary.

When he gets to "Find out who you really are," he will discover that he is gay.

Unless of course he denies this and tries to "suffer on up through the conditions", in a state of denial.

You will probably say that scientology is not an evil organisation, I sir, will disagree with you.

The evidence proves that it is.

Arcangel

Patron
As a proud member of the US gay community, having fundraised in 12 major cities, I am fully aware of the reasons to protest for the gay community. This is not, in any published source, on the list of what Anon protests here in the States or Internationally.

I can list many things Anon can spend their time protesting rather than a totally illogical, inane and pointless cult. Where are the Anon protests in Uganda or Iran. How about the severe hate crimes towards LGBT in Germany or even the UK?

How about marriage rights or domestic living laws here in the US like we do even at Pride events?

Who cares what a crackpot FAILED sci-fi writer developed for people who had mental issues walking in the door?

I was a receptionist at NYFD. I saw the body routing take place and minus 1 person didn't see anyone stick around b/c they saw the rouse.

PM if you want to protest something quality for our community.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I'll question and whine, as you so sarcastically phrase it, when I, and other participants in Belfast Anonymous, are blatantly accused of something we had not done.

I presume the Belfast Pride Parade has already happened. There is no point in arguing and venting over something that is over and done with. Everyone that has posted on this thread has valid points.

I am on the Parade Committee for Christopher Street West who sponsors the Los Angeles Gay Pride events every year. We had several applications which where denied, and then challenged, and with a little research and clarification, the applications were accepted.

I would encourage the Belfast anons and fellow anons from around the world to use this time to educate the Parade committee there in a considerate & professional forum so Belfast Anonymous can be a full participant in next year's parade. Crying over the past resolves nothing.

Arcangel

Patron
Smurf I sit on Philly's but what purpose is Anon doing? For a cult but not GLBT issues. I'm just curious why anyone wastes their time Scn is for nutjobs...check out most popular media and AP polls.

small steps

Patron with Honors
Smurf I sit on Philly's but what purpose is Anon doing? For a cult but not GLBT issues. I'm just curious why anyone wastes their time Scn is for nutjobs...check out most popular media and AP polls.

just wondering....why are you here? people wasting their time protesting scn? really? :confused2:

AnonKat

Crusader
As a proud member of the US gay community, having fundraised in 12 major cities, I am fully aware of the reasons to protest for the gay community. This is not, in any published source, on the list of what Anon protests here in the States or Internationally.

I can list many things Anon can spend their time protesting rather than a totally illogical, inane and pointless cult. Where are the Anon protests in Uganda or Iran. How about the severe hate crimes towards LGBT in Germany or even the UK?

How about marriage rights or domestic living laws here in the US like we do even at Pride events?

Who cares what a crackpot FAILED sci-fi writer developed for people who had mental issues walking in the door?

I was a receptionist at NYFD. I saw the body routing take place and minus 1 person didn't see anyone stick around b/c they saw the rouse.

PM if you want to protest something quality for our community.

Anonymous came out of the Internet, blah blah Natural nemisis, little thing called free speech, trolls

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPd9Gd5vAD8

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBP4PM3oirk

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQAFqMLoUbM

Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-D0kbWvo0

Part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brC-qaMnisE

Part 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt-dImRR2QY

just wondering....why are you here? people wasting their time protesting scn? really? :confused2:

YOU seem to have am m/u on the purpose of ESMB. This is a MESSAGE Board for EXSCIENTOLOGISTS. Note the name. It does NOT have as it's stated purpose being PROTEST CENTRAL. Many exscientologists ARE involved in protesting the Co$ and they often intercommunicate about such matters on this board, but that is not the "why" for the existence of this board.

As Emma has said: (http://www.forum.exscn.net/index.php?)
This message board is for ex Scientologists to freely discuss mutual experiences in Scientology. It covers such topics as L. Ron Hubbard, David Miscavige and current management, auditing and training, Ethics tech and its application, OSA, fair game, Clear & OT levels, Freewinds, and recovering from a cult experience.

Non-ex's are also welcome to participate here, but they are not welcome to deflect this board into some other intended purpose.

Mark A. Baker

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Non-ex's are also welcome to participate here, but they are not welcome to deflect this board into some other intended purpose.

Mark A. Baker

Do you have a citation for that?:whistling:

The question for Arc is, why would someone come here to complain about people complaining about Scn?

'Get a Life' is oh so passe...

Zinj

byte301

Crusader

Why do you think the cult is in the media so much lately? I'll give you two guesses. Because of Anonymous would be the right guess. They made it safe for us exes to speak up.

I guess from your point of view scientology isn't protest worthy but from where I sit it is.

I happen to disagree with abuse, slave labor, child neglect and abuse, and enforced abortions. That's why I protest that inane little cult. And because I happened to have been a member of that cult and feel some responsibility to expose it now.

Sounds like being a scientologist was just a lark to you. That's fine by me. But don't denigrate other people's efforts to expose it.