What's new

Believe it or not Ron is loved worldwide!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Since I have never made any foolish scientific claims about Scientology or Dianetics, I am under no obligation to support my non-existent claims with any such citations.

I will respond to the post with your citation after I have studied it and done some homework.

Michael A. Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Thank you! Let me know when you have done some preliminary homework.
Then we can discuss this subject further.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Thank you! Let me know when you have done some preliminary homework.
Then we can discuss this subject further.

Note to Scientologists wishing to replicate and authenticate Ron's R/D: If it is helpful to establishing bona fide protocols supporting the scientific method and proper double-blind controls, I happen to know of a sporting goods store that has a baseball bat in the window.

freet43

Patron with Honors
anesthesia awareness

Here's an abstract from a recent article in pubmed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20661203

Awareness during anesthesia: a problem without solutions?

Leslie K, Davidson AJ.

Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia. [email protected]
Abstract

Awareness during anesthesia has been the subject of much research and commentary in recent years. In this article, we review the recent publications in the area of anesthesia awareness and attempt to answer the question: Is awareness a problem without solutions? The incidence of awareness has been reported in benchmark studies to be about 0.1%, but two recent studies in Spain and China have reported incidences of awareness of 1% and 0.4%, respectively. Recent studies have confirmed that awareness is more common in women undergoing cesarean sections (0.26%) and in children (0.5-1%). There are very few trials that provide strong evidence for awareness prevention strategies. The best current evidence from one randomized trial suggests that bispectral index monitoring identifies the presence and reduces the incidence of awareness in high-risk patients. More trials are needed and two large ongoing trials are exploring the value of monitoring end-tidal gas concentrations and maintaining adequate age-adjusted values during surgery as an alternative method to prevent awareness.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Since I have never made any foolish scientific claims about Scientology or Dianetics, I am under no obligation to support my non-existent claims with any such citations.

I will respond to the post with your citation after I have studied it and done some homework.

Michael A. Hobson

That is a good point to back off from. Regroup and re-evaluate.
That is what I have done for many years, now.

HelluvaHoax!

Yes, my opinion exactly. But, Shhhh! Let this play out and see where it goes.
I am looking for someone to effectively argue that the Fox Dianetics study was a complete lie.

I have personally conducted the double-blind test, exactly per LRH and got exactly the same results.

I put on the double-blinders (Dianetics and Scientology) and everything looked just perfect.

blinders-712828.jpg
blinders-712828.jpg

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Here's an abstract from a recent article in pubmed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20661203

Awareness during anesthesia: a problem without solutions?

Leslie K, Davidson AJ.

Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia. [email protected]
Abstract

Awareness during anesthesia has been the subject of much research and commentary in recent years. In this article, we review the recent publications in the area of anesthesia awareness and attempt to answer the question: Is awareness a problem without solutions? The incidence of awareness has been reported in benchmark studies to be about 0.1%, but two recent studies in Spain and China have reported incidences of awareness of 1% and 0.4%, respectively. Recent studies have confirmed that awareness is more common in women undergoing cesarean sections (0.26%) and in children (0.5-1%). There are very few trials that provide strong evidence for awareness prevention strategies. The best current evidence from one randomized trial suggests that bispectral index monitoring identifies the presence and reduces the incidence of awareness in high-risk patients. More trials are needed and two large ongoing trials are exploring the value of monitoring end-tidal gas concentrations and maintaining adequate age-adjusted values during surgery as an alternative method to prevent awareness.

That is a pretty extemely low percentage.

But still, Hubbard claimed that people remember all events during TOTAL unconsciousness.
This is false in the sense that this has never been proven to occur.
Hubbard said that this ALWAYS occurred (total memory). This is false.

HelluvaHoax!

I just saw this post...

Originally Posted by TheSqueakster
There is no reason that anyone needs to disprove this bogus study because Ron's tech already predicted that it would not work if PTSness was not first handled.

Obviously, it is a PTS condition for someone to be conducting scientific testing on the Tech in the first place since they are "Sitting in Judgment of Dianetics or Scientology."

Michael A. Scientologist
I am *not* conscious. I *do* remember.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
ah, Dickens...

Funny thing is...my first reaction was that "A Tale of Two Cities" was the highest of Dickens on this list... Dickens himself would probably be bashing his ghostly head against the top of the coffin. Perhaps I am actually getting past the cult a bit as I reacted first to that so harshly.... Dickens is amazing, and to see "Two Cities" on top? *sigh* He's so much more amazing than that thing...I am geekwoman, hear me roar:)

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Example: According to Bridge Publications, 83 million copies of Dianetics were sold in the forty years after publication. (1. wikipedia 2. Harris, Daniel (July 2, 1989). "Scientology's best seller". New York Post: p. 39.)

83 million sold. I had two copies. One I burned in the fireplace. The other ended up in the dumpster. So now that makes 82,999,998 copies left unless others can attest to destroying their copies. BTW, I still have my original bought copy of Mein Kampf.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
and how many copies are read?

Don't know why I forgot this the first time I came across this thread...but my ex had several boxes of Dianetics that he bought in some dang campaign or other. I know of quite a few others who also did. Plus all those stupid dono cycles where people bought tons and they were given away or whatever. Part of the hype was to "keep it on the bestseller list". A lot of these books were nothing more than silverfish fodder.

HelluvaHoax!

SCIENO-SCENARIO: If Scientology applied the "tech" to itself....

AUDITOR
Do you have a withhold?

SCIENTOLOGY
I lied about the 83 million Dianetic books sold.

AUDITOR
Is there more to that?

SCIENTOLOGY
I lied that Dianetics makes a Clear. That's all.

AUDITOR
Thank you. Who nearly found out about that?

SCIENTOLOGY
Me.

AUDITOR
What did you do that make you think you knew?

SCIENTOLOGY
Oh, you know, us OT's know everything.

Last edited:
T

TheSneakster

I just saw this post...

HelluvaHoax! (falsely attributed to me) said:
There is no reason that anyone needs to disprove this bogus study because Ron's tech already predicted that it would not work if PTSness was not first handled.

I might suggest you carefully study the Straw Man Fallacy.

This seems habitual with you, HelluvaHoax!

Besides that, the mockery and personal insult (name-calling alteration of my nick) was uncalled for and is also against the Forum Rules, not that any of the mods are likely to call you on it.

Michael A. Hobson

It's hard to believe people still grasp for hope in believing Hubbard's non-sense might have some validity. Not a single one of any of the past lives that Scientologists calm to have uncovered been proven to be even remotely accurate, even Hubbard's own past lives. Not a single one of his wild goose chases for buried treasure yielded anything other than embarrassment. Sure it's a nice pipe dream to believe Hubbard came up with something that has the ability to uncovered past lives, but unfortunately he didn't, all he created was a role playing game for his delusional followers to relive their childhood fantasies with.

HelluvaHoax!

Besides that, the mockery and personal insult (name-calling alteration of my nick) was uncalled for and is also against the Forum Rules, not that any of the mods are likely to call you on it.

Michael A. Hobson

Dear Sneakster,

Apologies for any real or imagined Un-Mockery. The strange thing is I don't recall writing that stuff. Apparently I was unconscious at the time.

Do you happen to know any Tech for recovering memory?

HH​