What's new

Believing in delusions make them true?

Some Random Guy

Patron with Honors
Not at all. The rest of your post simply did not merit a reply.

You're not very good at discussing things with people, are you Leon.

Please report back to the Org where you received Level O, the ability to communicate with anyone on any topic. I think you have a good case to receive a refund!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Oh, I discuss many things. Most of my posts show it. But when I get asked silly questions like this one of yours here then I either flip a stupid answer back to it or I ignore it altogether.

Some Random Guy

Patron with Honors
Oh, I discuss many things. Most of my posts show it. But when I get asked silly questions like this one of yours here then I either flip a stupid answer back to it or I ignore it altogether.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Leon. I was beginning to think that your inability to answer my questions and engage me was due to the fact that you had no answer to my questions or that you were unable to provide an answer, which would support your righteous scientology crusade.

And all along, it was me, silly stupid me :duh:

JustSheila

Crusader
Hey dear woman. :hug:

Sounds like a fascinating series. Interesting observations you make about love and humility being the qualities that tended to influence the behaviour of the characters for the better. It's got me thinking here. What is strength and what is weakness?

There is a strong tendency to want to "wall up", to put in place self-protective avoidance and denial. Vulnerability feels unsafe and insecure. And vulnerability is often perceived by others as weakness, pathetic and other devaluing terms. Vulnerability tends to allow the cruel to act out their own inability to be truly vulnerable - the ego trips and power trips get unleashed and demand power and control over others. That's how I view Hubbard. A man on a huge ego trip, grabbing as much power and control as he could to ease his own inner emptiness. It failed him, badly, because he died a sad, sick, lonely old man, with only servants in attendance to attend to his needs. No family were there to hold his hand or wipe his brow. All that false power, stolen control - and stashed money - did not bring him anything close to that which every human deeply desires. To feel loved, to belong. It was all so plastic, so contrived, so meaningless.

His delusions, inflicted on so many others, brought him the opposite of what a "life well lived" tends to bring. I don't think the pursuit of freedom and the "magic" tricks people engage in during that seeking, brings much love. I could be very wrong. Maybe Hubbard was as happy as a pig in mud, dying alone like he did.

I need coffee. :)

:bighug: Glenda, you always write the posts that send me off reflecting on things for a day or two. You are DEEP, woman! And beautiful. How I've missed your thought-provoking posts!

Vulnerability v Humility. Tough one!

After thunking it around in my head somewhat, I've come up with this:

We only bond in a deep way with each other when we are vulnerable - but it has to be at the right moment. We have boundaries and layers for different types of relationships with different people and those boundaries serve to protect us. If we're vulnerable all the time, we look soft. If we're not vulnerable enough, we appear cold, callous and distant.

How vulnerable we present ourselves has to do with the different types of relationships and the distance between them and distance between our vulnerability. It can be dangerous to leave one's self vulnerable to a stranger or associate about personal things, but we can be vulnerable about things outside our personal lives, like cry at a movie or show emotion or vulnerability about something in the newspapers or media. It shows the sorts of things we care about, without getting into our personal histories. In less close relationships, vulnerability is toward objective things.

Humility doesn't have to be so personal, but it can be. Humility is admitting weakness, mistakes or lack of perfection. It can be simply admitting you're not good at basketball but willing to give it a try, or it can be as deep and personal as confiding about something personal to a close friend.

You are a writer, so when you write something, your willingness to sincerely show your innermost thoughts and vulnerability is an art of sorts. I think that sort of deep vulnerability is allowed for a writer, but that doesn't mean that you are obligated in any way to be that vulnerable with each person that writes you back about it personally or that you know in life. There are probably some sort of boundaries there, and if not, they would need to be defined.

I hope I'm not too off the subject. I didn't mean to spin it around to you as a writer, it just sort of went that way. Glenda, you have no idea the beauty and insights you've contributed to others here. Really.

And back to the OP - Some people have gone so far astray from developing those deep human bonds, that they bond with something else instead as a replacement and only live that happiness in their minds. Delusions are a piss poor replacement, right?

x x x

Sheila

Free Being Me

Crusader
The fact that this nonsense gets such wide agreement here on this board shows how little these writers understand of the subject they condemn.

I'll just leave it at that, before I get accused of calling you of being sheep.
It's not creepy at all you are trying to convince ex-cultists by using goal post moving Calvinball that the cult they escaped from is beneficial. Nope, not creepy at all.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Do what works for you. If you make gains, why then you've made gains. If not, then not.

You didn't answer my question. You gave me a hubbards "what is true for you, is what is true for you" answer.

Do you have perfect whole track recall?

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
You didn't answer my question. You gave me a hubbards "what is true for you, is what is true for you" answer.

Do you have perfect whole track recall?

Of course not. I can't every remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

What gives you the idea that I could do it?

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
crrub160219_zpszvoxdnwd.gif

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Do what works for you. If you make gains, why then you've made gains. If not, then not.

Such a cavalier and open minded aproach Leon:omg: what would be Hoobards thoughts on such
an attitude ?

Fortunately or unfortunatley we don't have to guess do we, it's written down in "Keeping Shit Working":yes: