What's new

BFG Bash and CA Pics!

Patricia Curtis

Patron with Honors
Bernster! I didn't realize you were also SentientBean! Hey, it was so fun chatting with you both Saturday and Sunday. I was the one in the cowboy hat running around taking pictures of everyone. I have a number of good photos, but like Michelle I am hesitant to post them. At Saturday's festivities there was one (thoroughly delightful) guy who requested his photo not be posted (his story is yet to be told in full), plus there were some Anons present who I will respectfully avoid "facefagging". Sunday's photos are even harder to edit because there were even more people in a denser area. :( Sorry. However, I've been doing some cropping and I have a few more shots I'm happy to share. (Some of these have been posted elsewhere.)

Here's the Bernster with his son, Marc, and silly Hombre from Sweden:
IMG_5180_2.jpg

Guess who this darling couple is:
IMG_5202.jpg

J.Swift & Swift Jr. chatting with Tom Provenzano:
IMG_5194.jpg

Barbara Graham brought beer. Thank you Barbara Graham.
IMG_5189.jpg

The handsome KV on the left:
IMG_5197_2.jpg

Graham Berry and Ariel Hansen:
IMG_5216.jpg

Bent Corydon with Tory:
IMG_5335.jpg

Hombre, Jason Beghe, and I'mGlib:
IMG_5258_2.jpg

A portion of Saturday's crowd:
IMG_5228.jpg

I purposefully blurred this one from Sunday:
IMG_5269_2.jpg

Tory with Lawrence Woodcraft:
IMG_5232.jpg

Keith Hensen having a chat with AlexM:
IMG_5222.jpg

Marc sharing a story with Bernster, Tory, Smurf, and others:
IMG_5217.jpg

J. Swift with some people I love:
IMG_5207.jpg

(Note: If I had permission I would post some really great shots of this really beautiful woman...hint, hint)

Here's the group photo again:
IMG_5328.jpg

Slice of sunshine Otgirl8 to the left, and the lovely Lynn Campbell to the right:
IMG_5308.jpg

Peter Gilham and his gorgeous little girl:
IMG_5249.jpg

I'm working on getting a few more "permissions" and will post more when I can.

(WO, I'm glad you made it home safely and CONGRATULATIONS regarding the marriage. I'm sorry you missed it -- my gosh, you have such a great attitude about it! I really enjoyed meeting you both.)

Last edited:

Wisened One

Crusader
Oh RIF! :hug: Thank You for posting those! :clap: I was just gonna ask anyone who was there to please post any other pics that had us in them as well as anyone from the Parties who don't mind them being posted!

Anyone take any pics of us chatting with BFG, SB, Twin A, Astra and her dad? :unsure:

And I didn't get to meet J. Swift!!! Wahhh! See? There were so many I missed meeting! Arrgh!

MOAR pics! Ooo, I should post some of my vids (took none of the parties, tho).

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh gosh RIF, since you put it that way (LOL) go ahead and post the pics! Mr. Bird had a great time and was so happy so many people remembered him!

I'm reposting my review of the party on Saturday 'cause the other thread disappeared into the archives...

I wish we would have stayed for Sundays party! We were just so hot and tired we couldn't wait to get back up north, but it was not much cooler up here. What a heat wave!

We had such a great time meeting so many of you for the 1st time and seeing so many old friends again too. Every person we talked too we would have been happy to sit and talk for hours with, and we missed meeting so many people that were there!

We were hiding under umbrellas or trees sucking on ice cubes or ridiing Marcs jet skis on the beautiful lake, or trying to coax ground squirells and the cobalt blue birds with watermelons and strawberries.

Marc and Claire and their beautiful son and daughter and Marc's dad were the life of the party. Thank you so much you guys for hosting this!

Marc was everywhere, tireless and so enthusiastic about everything! You never saw anyone so happy to be free and so in love with his wife and kids and everthing about his life! Jennas new baby is gorgeous. Astra is amazing! The whole day was filled with new beginnings and so much joy!

Happy Birthday to Tory too! I couldn't keep my arms from hugging Mark Bunker, Wise Beard Man is one of the warmest nicest cuddliest people I have ever met. Benny's Friend is stunningly beautiful! Swifty looks alot like Jack Nickelson, and is even more entertaining and personable in real life than he is on line! AO is very tall and handsome, seems totally sane and a good rep for us, I was surprised after the crap that has been said about him. Thanks for all you do AO! And Gary too! Grahham was just Graham, brilliant, charming and darling in his beach attire. So many wonderful free happy people there!

It is impossible to mention everyone, but this was a big deal for us to meet a lot of you in person for the 1st time since we have been out even though we talk on line.

I was really impressed so many anons showed up, and I am so grateful for your support! What a great bunch of people! You give an old lady hope for the next generation, you really do!

We need to get together more often!

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, you guys!

KV and Hoodwinked, HG and Otgirl8, etc...

Is it ok if I could post my pics with you guys here? :unsure:

Thanks for all those great pics, WO & RIF! RIF, I apparently met you and didn't even know! Since you are the one that took those pictures.

WO - Congratulations on your son's marriage! Yes, you do have a great attitude! And I hope your kitty recovers soon.

As for posting my pictures, I look way too awful in your pics of me. But I'm the faceless floating blue hat in the group picture, and the one in the blue hat and purple jacket with my back to the camera in the picture with otgirl8 & Lynn, which are the best pictures of me anybody took that day. :D

It was a blast meeting you and others, seeing KV & Hoodwinked again, and seeing Tory again after 30 years, and because of RIF's pictures I figured out that I did meet SentientBean after all. :)

Ladybird, just want to clarify that Marc has two sons, no daughter. Your original post prompted Claire to cut the curls from their youngest! LOL

Last edited:

Ladybird

:blush: :blush: :blush: OH, I am so embarrased! Well, he's gonna grow up to be as good-looking as his grandpa then! They are both adorable!

Tell Claire I am sorry about the baby curls, it is hard to cut them off when they are so beautiful!

Challenge

omigod! This is the first I have heard that Peter Gillham is out! Is it true? Would you write whatever you recall of him? How old would you estimate his daughter to be? ( I can't get the pic). Is he still married to Yvonne? ( not Yvonne Jentsch of scn fame, but his next wife was named Yvonne also).
I was able to see a number of the pix , but by the time Peter's name was listed, the pics were showing up as tiny squares with a red X, and I haven't figgered out how to open those.

Chlng

Patricia Curtis

Patron with Honors
omigod! This is the first I have heard that Peter Gillham is out! Is it true? Would you write whatever you recall of him? How old would you estimate his daughter to be? ( I can't get the pic). Is he still married to Yvonne? ( not Yvonne Jentsch of scn fame, but his next wife was named Yvonne also).
I was able to see a number of the pix , but by the time Peter's name was listed, the pics were showing up as tiny squares with a red X, and I haven't figgered out how to open those.

Chlng

Hi Ching,

Yes, Peter Gilham is not only out, but he's speaking out - and how!

http://www.kesq.com/global/story.asp?s=10358294

At the party, we had the pleasure of meeting not only Peter but his two sisters, Terri and Janice, as well.

Peter:
IMG_5248.jpg

Peter and Smurf/Garry Scharf:
IMG_5253.jpg

Peter and myself:
IMG_5251.jpg

As I understand it, Peter is Heber Jentzsch's stepson - Yvonne Jentzsch's natural son. Peter seemed to be healthy and happy; his daughter appeared to be in her early 20's - a very beautiful young lady. We were all surprised to see him there on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed his presence.

Carmel

Crusader
Awww, thanks to Michelle and and everyone for the pics and the 'sharing' of the pleasure - So wonderful to see, and to know that it went off so well for you all. :happydance:

A big thumbs up to Marc and family, to Jason and to those who made it what it was! :thumbsup:

It's great seeing the pics of all you guys , and having faces to put to some of those who we have grown to love - Heart filling stuff! :D

Ladybird

Thanks Sentient Bean... as a mom I remember crying over the 1st haircut. It was like my baby suddenly became a boy. It happens, but it's a tender moment. Here is wishing you all many, many more wonderfult milestones to come!

RiF!!!! OMG! You are a great photographer! You even made me look decent for a chubby old lady with a bad hair day! :coolwink:

Wisened One

Crusader
Carmel: Thanks, yes, it WAS lovely! And the effects are still hitting me (in very good ways).

Let's place Tory's vid about the Bash here, too since it's becoming a Party pics Thread (which is what I hoped for).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTAae2A7i5c

I'm working on uploading our vids right now! So everybody check back here in a bit! :thumbsup: