What's new

Bill Burroughs' vision - Let's explore inner space

Veda

Sponsor
"Unimaginable extensions of awareness are now possible in terms of existing techniques [including exotic psychoactive substances]. Let's set up a center where these techniques can be pooled, and challenge anyone to come out and share what they have.

"Let's explore inner space. Your inner space belongs to you. It's time to demand what is yours."

manhood-of-humanity.jpg

science-and-sanity-an-introduction-to-non-aristotelian-systems-and-general-semantics.jpg

alfred-korzybski.b.jpg

Carl Jung
Carl+Jung.jpg

master_game.jpg

Robert Monroe
robert_monroe_lifeline_program_thumb.png

Paul Adams
foodreplicator.jpg

You might be wondering why I posted this - it was partly to get away from such things as the "fucktard" thread, and the rambling and long threads on a couple of "Scientology celebrities."

And it was partly to remind of a vision of decades ago. :)

Why has Paul got all those cans?

And are they cans or bongs? (Given the timeframe...he DID write a "how to roll a joint" directive :biggrin:)

Just askin? :whistling:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That was my prototype food replicator in 2004, with the cans containing what I called "electronic food." No auditing involved — completely different. The ten "target" cans were for making 10 different potencies at the same time from the one "source" can. There's stuff in each can, and each has a different resistor in the circuit, ranging from 1 megohm to about 10 ohms, if my memory serves me well.

http://fzglobal.org/foodreplicator.htm

Paul

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Insert rude comment about the fact that Paul appears to be naked from the waist down.

Veda

Sponsor
cosmicsphere.jpg

Robert Anton Wilson
robertantonwilson.jpg

aldous-Huxley-757175.jpg

Gurdjieff
G2.big.jpg

Dion Fortune
0.jpg

It's alright. This was just a spur the moment attempt at "raising consciousness" - to borrow a political phrase. Things were becoming a little too Earth-bound. No need for concern. :)

Smilla

Ordinary Human
“We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.”

- Terence McKenna

You've raised a topic here that really interests me.

One of the reasons I'm so interested in inner space, is that it might quite possibly be the only space there is. Lol.

Some years ago, a good friend introduced me to John Lilly's work on isolation/sensory deprivation/flotation tank work, and I've done a lot of float time over the last few years. I've just finished week one of a six week chunk of float time. There's no doubt at all that it opens up some interesting territories. It appealed to me right away because of my experiences with dolphins and whales and my desire to understand them.

I've never done any drugs and probably never will, but I find Terence McKenna and Robert Anton Wilson's work to be both fascinating and valid. Mostly.

The float experience I often have is maybe what Scientologists would call 'exteriorisation' in that it has a quality of non-locality of self, and a forgetting of the body, together with an experience of 'time' dissolving. I'm combining this current batch of floats with the use of 'Ormus' which I make myself.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/ORMUS

The guy in this video has a rather 'unusual' appearance, but he gives a good explanation of his float experiences.

Obviously, it's not for everyone, but for some it's a useful tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRzjWLmQgs

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think some of the early Scios got into the trap due to real interest in inner space and exploring the mind - things very much in fashion and encouraged in the 1960s. The next batch of Scios, with exceptions, seems to have come from the self-help/ self awareness 70s and gimme 80's. Scio was marketed very differently in those years to a different type of person - one with money. The goal seemed to have switched from expanded consciousness to self-improvement.

I would bet a good chunk of the post-1980s Scios never heard of the people you listed above, whereas most of the 1960s Scio were familiar with their work.

Unfortunately LRH appealed to the "easy way" - don't worry about reading and figuring things out for yourself. LRH assured people he had done the heavy lifting for them all and all they needed to do was pay him and he would show you "the way." on such a complex, difficult subject I'm sure his pitch had appeal.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I think some of the early Scios got into the trap due to real interest in inner space and exploring the mind - things very much in fashion and encouraged in the 1960s. The next batch of Scios, with exceptions, seems to have come from the self-help/ self awareness 70s and gimme 80's. Scio was marketed very differently in those years to a different type of person - one with money. The goal seemed to have switched from expanded consciousness to self-improvement.

I would bet a good chunk of the post-1980s Scios never heard of the people you listed above, whereas most of the 1960s Scio were familiar with their work.

Unfortunately LRH appealed to the "easy way" - don't worry about reading and figuring things out for yourself. LRH assured people he had done the heavy lifting for them all and all they needed to do was pay him and he would show you "the way." on such a complex, difficult subject I'm sure his pitch had appeal.

In the case of Scientology today I would say it is almost entirely concerned with trivia. Scientology is made of many contradictory things, but in essence it has become a 'personal efficiency' cult. How very dull.

marvin-the-paranoid-android-1-by-ildiko.jpg

“We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.”

- Terence McKenna

You've raised a topic here that really interests me.

One of the reasons I'm so interested in inner space, is that it might quite possibly be the only space there is. Lol.

Some years ago, a good friend introduced me to John Lilly's work on isolation/sensory deprivation/flotation tank work, and I've done a lot of float time over the last few years. I've just finished week one of a six week chunk of float time. There's no doubt at all that it opens up some interesting territories. It appealed to me right away because of my experiences with dolphins and whales and my desire to understand them.

I've never done any drugs and probably never will, but I find Terence McKenna and Robert Anton Wilson's work to be both fascinating and valid. Mostly.

The float experience I often have is maybe what Scientologists would call 'exteriorisation' in that it has a quality of non-locality of self, and a forgetting of the body, together with an experience of 'time' dissolving. I'm combining this current batch of floats with the use of 'Ormus' which I make myself.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/ORMUS

The guy in this video has a rather 'unusual' appearance, but he gives a good explanation of his float experiences.

Obviously, it's not for everyone, but for some it's a useful tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRzjWLmQgs

Oooooh, Smilla, me too! :happydance:

I really enjoyed all my samadhi tank experiences...wish I still had access to one. My 4th Way/Shamanism study group used to own one, and I was a frequent floater for awhile there. :biggrin:

But I find I can do much the same thing floating in a pool or bathtub...just a matter of filtering out the externals, relaxing and going within... and then traveling without! :happydance:

I've never done drugs, either...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Oooooh, Smilla, me too! :happydance:

I really enjoyed all my samadhi tank experiences...wish I still had access to one. My 4th Way/Shamanism study group used to own one, and I was a frequent floater for awhile there. :biggrin:

But I find I can do much the same thing floating in a pool or bathtub...just a matter of filtering out the externals, relaxing and going within... and then traveling without! :happydance:

I've never done drugs, either...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank

Yes there are lots of other ways of getting into that state. For me it's a 'letting go thing' and there are many ways of doing that. A friend of mine tried floating after me relating my experiences, but hated it. She found it claustrophobic and 'creepy.' Each to their own. I think you have to be pretty comfortable with yourself and your own thoughts to be able to give it a go. Have you tried Ormus? It's worth looking into. I'm making my own, and it's not complicated to make, at all.

Something I'm doing is 'undefining' myself. Letting the mind and opinions, likes and dislikes, etc just dissolve, and being a wave rather than a particle. Lol. Although I've been a vegetarian since I was a young teenager, I realise I could be a happy meat-eater tomorrow if I wanted, or change my sexual orientation, or choose somewhere else to live by sticking a pin into a map. Nothing fixed, nothing pre-ordained, just flow and openness. And knowing that anything I might choose is as valid as anything I have chosen. Dance is good for me. And playing my violin. Sometimes just spinning around or jumping up and down, or talking nonsense all day to someone who doesn't exist and isn't there. Lol. Every day I look around and say "I chose this."

I know a little bit - not much about the 4th way, as my dad has been into it for many years.

"
If you want to remember yourself, the best thing is not to think about yourself. As long as you think about yourself, you will not remember yourself."

- Ouspensky.

Peace.

Veda

Sponsor
6614695-M.jpg

John Lilly experimented with LSD and with Sense Deprivation and the two combined. He also worked with Dolphins, and was involved with SETI - the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence.

He was an explorer of both inner and outer space.

An interview with an older Lilly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6gLydCxJeA

"We then continue the conquest of matter; and we are getting pretty expert...

"The world of the mind seems almost as savage and unexplored as the world of nature seemed to the Greeks. There are countless worlds unpath'd and uncomprehended - and even unguessed, we doubt not. Therefore we set out diligently to explore and map these untrodden regions of the mind.

"Surely our adventures may be as exciting as those of Cortez or Cook."

Aleister Crowley, from the 'Equinox' of the early 1900s
cover.jpg

"...When all horizons are measured, all swamped mapped, all deserts charted... there will yet be a world of unknown frights and glooms and cheers to explore, there will yet be a universe of adventure left... You. The universe of You.

"From the first months of a co-auditing session the preclear begins to make discoveries - discoveries to him far more important than Balboa's glimpse of the Southern Sea or Columbus' glance at San Salvador.

L. Ron Hubbard, from 'Ability' magazine, the 1950s.

Last edited: