What's new

Bitchy, bitchy....yak, yak, yak ESMB threaditis

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love, love, love ESMB. There are just some times when the bitchy fighting drives me a bit nuts...and I read it anyways sometimes. I had said that..."well, that's what message boards are like"...but, I've actually been on a lot of message boards, and that's not quite true. I've been on homeschooling boards where total granola atheists are talking to right-wing religious folks who have ostracized their gay children (don't get me started), and somehow most of the time it didn't approach some of the stuff I see here--there were always one or 2 a*holes, but most tried to connect. I don't know what it is. Is it when we were in the cult we could not express our viewpoint and it could not be right if we did, that we have to be so fricking adamant now? Not to say there is no connection taking place on ESMB--honestly, I have seen so many beautiful connections take place here, and maybe that's one reason why this other stuff bugs me so much. And, the fact that this place really helped me on my path in regaining myself (still working on it).

The only reason I started this thread was because I was thinking of a thread I read last night...and everyone was so cordial and wonderful, but I was too tired to put together a response about how wonderful it was. I hadn't noticed how much some of the strife just seemed to be..... ugh, I'm at a loss for words...it just hit me how refreshing that thread was, and how much I loved it; but checking into the thread today, it went down the road I don't like.

I'm not into censorship. I don't believe life is all sweet and cute... and I am totally against us 'exes' having to unite with others looking to 'take down the cult'. Yeah, my enemy's enemy is not necessarily my friend. I don't give a fuck if OSA thinks our in-fighting is a win. But, there are just some days when I want some harmony. Some tolerance. Fuck...I hate and despise the 'tech'...but, I can live with those who don't. Maybe I need to start a 'theetie-wheetie thread' for some happy clouds...which is totally ironic, since I totally hated those folks who were and am so aware of the dark side of life and my own 'dark side' that I could never be that. :D

G

Gottabrain

Clamicide,

There is always a teeter-totter before the middle balance is found.

The human rights abuses of the Cult of Scientology continue. That is not balance. That is not justice. That is not spirituality, and that is abhorrent to the majority of us.

WHEN those abuses stop completely, many (which may likely include you) will find some peace and harmony with our Scn pasts and what Scn may become in the future. For now, it is very much in flux and will be until the abuses end.

Mystic

Crusader
Oh yes! Theety-wheety sweetness & light! I love it.

'Talk softly...and carry a big stick.' -- Teddy Roosevelt.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Clammykins, clever Gotta said it right. I think we each have to find that middle road as there are certainly so many extremes here. And I think there should be as well, I have learnt a great deal from reading opposite views - though you have to be in the mood to do so. Those extremes, that anger and pain on one side and the tunnel visioned know it all on the other are both worth exploring, even if just for the experience. Then you can find your own balance and truth.

There are a few threads around for light relief. The best was the "Serious" thread...also the Cat pics one, the two word thread and so on. Maybe they need to be bumped...I'm just too lazy to go find them at the moment. :D

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love, love, love ESMB. There are just some times when the bitchy fighting drives me a bit nuts...and I read it anyways sometimes. I had said that..."well, that's what message boards are like"...but, I've actually been on a lot of message boards, and that's not quite true. I've been on homeschooling boards where total granola atheists are talking to right-wing religious folks who have ostracized their gay children (don't get me started), and somehow most of the time it didn't approach some of the stuff I see here--there were always one or 2 a*holes, but most tried to connect. I don't know what it is. Is it when we were in the cult we could not express our viewpoint and it could not be right if we did, that we have to be so fricking adamant now? Not to say there is no connection taking place on ESMB--honestly, I have seen so many beautiful connections take place here, and maybe that's one reason why this other stuff bugs me so much. And, the fact that this place really helped me on my path in regaining myself (still working on it).

The only reason I started this thread was because I was thinking of a thread I read last night...and everyone was so cordial and wonderful, but I was too tired to put together a response about how wonderful it was. I hadn't noticed how much some of the strife just seemed to be..... ugh, I'm at a loss for words...it just hit me how refreshing that thread was, and how much I loved it; but checking into the thread today, it went down the road I don't like.

I'm not into censorship. I don't believe life is all sweet and cute... and I am totally against us 'exes' having to unite with others looking to 'take down the cult'. Yeah, my enemy's enemy is not necessarily my friend. I don't give a fuck if OSA thinks our in-fighting is a win. But, there are just some days when I want some harmony. Some tolerance. Fuck...I hate and despise the 'tech'...but, I can live with those who don't. Maybe I need to start a 'theetie-wheetie thread' for some happy clouds...which is totally ironic, since I totally hated those folks who were and am so aware of the dark side of life and my own 'dark side' that I could never be that. :D

Sweetness and light

Free Being Me

Crusader
need moar boobs

Zinj

contributing happiness to the thread :D

92976-agree_women_s_breasts_exploited_media_sex_put_on_men.jpg

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah....

OK. I'm having a cranky day. My idiotic roomie was barking at her kid again. We AGAIN have people staying in the living room. I'm on winter break without my normal crazy schedule, don't have any new rehearsals for anything until the 8th, it's pouring down rain so I'm not really leaving the house (no car)and it just seemed like every thread I was picking up was people totally holding onto their own view and sniping the hell out of others. Merry fucking Christmas, eh?:coolwink: I love you guys, but some days, I just wish a case of Valium would show up on my doorstep or something. I kinda snapped and posted :D I just need a new hobby I guess.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah.

OK. I'm having a cranky day. My idiotic roomie was barking at her kid again. We AGAIN have people staying in the living room. I'm on winter break without my normal crazy schedule, don't have any new rehearsals for anything until the 8th, it's pouring down rain so I'm not really leaving the house (no car)and it just seemed like every thread I was picking up was people totally holding onto their own view and sniping the hell out of others. Merry fucking Christmas, eh?:coolwink: I love you guys, but some days, I just wish a case of Valium would show up on my doorstep or something. I kinda snapped and posted :D I just need a new hobby I guess.

I know the feeling too well, Clamy.
I even didn't post any boobs.
And it tells you something. :)
Feel better soon.
It's life. It changes all the time.

Warm hug, Stat.