ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Bits and pieces from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Emma, Feb 3, 2007.

1. AussieXenu

AussieXenu New Member

I remember being at FSO when she did her SHSBC. Nice to see she managed to escape the place >_>

Oh, and Hai - Decided to try and lurk on multiple boards :)

Would love to see Perth advertising for an Ideal Org, simply as I dislike the idea of Victoria doing it first. But I highly doubt that's happening anytime soon. Especially if I has anything to do about it :D

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Patron with Honors

How about Adelaide as an ideal org - its not much bigger than a shoe box at the moment, and last I counted there were about 12 active field. All that notwithstanding we were suckered into donating a considerable amount to the building fund - like thats ever going to happen. This was before I woke up.

Actually, the phone lines had been running distinctly cold over the last 6 weeks. We could normally count on about 3 a day, from the local org, the AO and US with bogus surveys, basic books reg cycles etc. We have had about 3 calls over the last month - suits me totally, but I wonder what's going on. We haven't been on course for a decade - maybe we are in line for a golden rod, if what I read on the other posts is correct. That also suits me!

Does any one know why it's so quiet, or is it just us?

3. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

Are we to assume that the Rinders will have been among the mugs who coughed up?

How about the Edwards and the Safra's?

4. Lucretia

Well, the Safra's certainly coughed up. I don't know about the Edward's and Rinder's.

5. Neo

Neo Silver Meritorious Patron

For Melbourne they did. Not sure about other cities.

6. DartSmohen

I remember Roger Safra had a tool franchise, Ian Rinder owned a fish & chip shop, a restaurant and did deals on livestock. His daughter Joanne had a coffee bar.

What about the Edward's kids, Tim and his sister?

There was a Liddy Stott in the Adelaide Org. I imagine it is still the same hole-in-the-wall it always was.

7. Lucretia

Roger still has the tool franchise, and the Rinders owned Pancake Kitchen (with Roger Meadmore - or have I got this wrong - did they sell it to him? It's too long ago) and Berties (now defunct).

I don't know what happened to the Edwards kids. Helen, their mother died while on staff and Don was around for a while after that -but now...???

Don't know Liddy Stott, and yes Adelaide is still a hole in the wall.

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Tim's currently a reg in LA at one of the PAC orgs, I believe. Alison, then called Andrus and posted as FBO AOLA blew with the CO, Ivan, in 1990. Haven't heard anything later about her.

Paul

9. Andrew

Andrew Patron with Honors

I present to you your very own copy of a flyer I received yesterday (28th June) for an Adelaide Ideal Org.

It seems that they have moved on to calling me instead of you. Lucky me!:happydance:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=193&stc=1&d=1214616421

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  10. what happened

Was Adelaide Org ever going well? if so when? when did it start to collapse?

11. DartSmohen

I remember the Adelaide org in 1971 and in 1981. It has always been a hole.The decline probably started about 75 million years ago.

12. Some names for the past. Wonder what they are up to now.

Sue Harvey
    Brian Forster
    Andrew Simes
    Judy Rinder
    Carole Woods
    Libby Runge

13. solo

solo Patron with Honors

That wouldn't be Ivan Obolensky would it, o source of all knowledge?

Has Helen Edwards' demise been documented anywhere?

Solo

14. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yes re Ivan.

I don't know about the documentation re Helen, but they were both staff at AOSHUK at the time, in the early 70s, when I was there. She did die at that time.

Paul

15. exso72

exso72 Patron

16. Lucretia

Andrew, thanks for taking the heat off us!!!

Re: Helen Edwards - she died of a brain tumour in around 1980 while she was LRH Comm on Adelaide Day.

Libby Runge is in Sydney - I met her in Adelaide about a year ago and she sent me an e-mail which I have mislaid. Her husband recently died of a nasty cancer and she has a daughter. Actually, the thing with her husband was written up as an article in New Idea/Women's Weekly. She was still on lines in Sydney last year.

Andrew Simes was declared, or was he? I think so but that was more than 20 years ago. He disappeared in the mid 80s.

Sue Harvey and Andrew Simes were married but I don't know if they are still together.

Brian Forster was the Flag Rep at Adelaide and married Janine Woods. They had a few kids (3?). I know Brian left the Sea Org because he was had his own business as a tree surgeon/trimmer after Flag Repping. That was back in the early 90s. Janine told me this when I saw her at the AO in the early 90s. I don't know what has happened since then.

17. Neo

Latest email I received from Melbourne. I guess they don't realise they are communicating with an SP, LOL.

So, does anyone need a job, apparently they have some available.

18. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

That is so funny in the circumstances Neo! :hysterical:

19. Neo

I thought so too. Should I apply? :p

20. asagai

asagai Patron Meritorious

Neo, did that e-mail say "staff" not "volunteers"? :D

Go get them Neo! More info for you to use re their recruiting for low-pay "Staff"