What's new

Board rules rewritten

Terril park

Sponsor
Only when you get banned Dart! :coolwink:

This raises a serious question for collectors. Which will in future be more valuable? A goldenrod from COS, or one from Emma.

My first comment is that one would REALLY have to earn one from Emma. The other is a bit more random, how did the Bard put it?.........." Slings and arrows of misfortune...." :)

Pixie

Crusader
I don't think I'll bother to post any more since Pixie continues to know how we all think. Bye.

Paul

Yes Dull Old Fart, after much consideration, I have finally decided to take a leaf out of your book. And I do think Emma made it crystal clear, so I don't see the problem here.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
This raises a serious question for collectors. Which will in future be more valuable? A goldenrod from COS, or one from Emma.

My first comment is that one would REALLY have to earn one from Emma. The other is a bit more random, how did the Bard put it?.........." Slings and arrows of misfortune...." :)

Nothing is more valuable than Goldenrod, except for true toilet paper. Don't be silly. In a pinch, I was very glad the Church had sent me some paper. Many's the time I wish they'd send me more: toilet paper ain't cheap. It's also good if you have a fireplace and run out of newspaper.

An email or electronic goldenrod is completely useless.

Reasonable Lady

Patron with Honors
Nothing is more valuable than Goldenrod, except for true toilet paper. Don't be silly. In a pinch, I was very glad the Church had sent me some paper. Many's the time I wish they'd send me more: toilet paper ain't cheap. It's also good if you have a fireplace and run out of newspaper.

An email or electronic goldenrod is completely useless.

Goldenrod colored toilet paper, I like it. Get a case delivered to all the orgs (I presume that the restrooms are still chronically out of toilet paper), address the package to the estates manager and just imagine the possibilities. :D Will anyone notice that they are wiping their butts with goldenrod?

RL

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
Does this mean we are going to start cutting posters in half????

Actually, the rules seem very reasonable.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Does this mean we are going to start cutting posters in half????

Actually, the rules seem very reasonable.

Cutting posters in half would save bandwidth.

And, whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. And, what does kill you, well 'Ooops!'

Of course, we could also just cut all posts in half. Randomly. Some would lose the first half; some the last; some every other word.

Those subjected to recursive lopping would lose their 8th grade essays on the value of writing 8th grade essays.

Everybody wins!

Zinj

GoButtonIsBlowButton

Patron with Honors
One question, Emma

There was merde-fan interaction regarding DartSmolen "promoting" his service. The most popular (most read) thread on this board is "What is Idenics," which is certainly at least implicitly a form of promotion. Were the 27,000+ readers harmed by it, or the Stroke and Yawn (joke), or whatever? I'd like that aspect of the board activity clarified, because the seams popped there for a while with ad hominems and childish finger-pointing. IMHO.

Zinjifar

I'm not clear what you're asking. I hadn't seen Dart as an Idenics promoter (suspect he isn't,) although, he does have a high opinion of the 'processing' he delivers.

Doesn't seem to me to be 'Idenics'. Just to clarify.

Now mind you; Dart is a bit of a smug and narcissistic oldster at times, and, can be pretty scathing to us youngsters who dare to question his 'authoriteye', but, he's also an invaluable source of 'early info' and, even us young (and never been Scn) volk can put up with some level of hubbardian arrogance without getting kidney stones.

And, the Idenics crowd really does get irritating sometimes, but, I tend to see it as more misplaced enthusiasm than deliberate marketing spam. After all; when it gets too bad and Idenics itself becomes the target of irritated rejection, things usually die down for a bit.

Anyway, we be grown ups here (although, some of us are maybe a year or two short of Dart's methusalistic range,) so, I think we can survive it.

You kids stop playing on my damn lawn!!!

Zinj

GoButtonIsBlowButton

Patron with Honors
To clarify...

Dart is one of my favorite posters. He ran into a merde-storm of criticism several weeks ago. I was asking for what we should expect going forward, using the Idenics and Throb and Yawn threads as examples of alternative therapies mentioned and discussed.

Zinjifar

Dart is one of my favorite posters. He ran into a merde-storm of criticism several weeks ago. I was asking for what we should expect going forward, using the Idenics and Throb and Yawn threads as examples of alternative therapies mentioned and discussed.

I've never seen one of Dart's posts 'moderated' :)

Being criticized is another thing....

Lucky for us, Dart is smug enough that he seems to survive it well

Zinj

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
ESD!

Long time no see!

Hey there! Hi there!

I've been very busy over the last few months with several community volunteer programs in my city - habitat for humanity stuff and the like.

But you know I couldn't stay away for too long. I just have to scratch that ESMB itch.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hey G, speak English, ya got some merde on yer shirt. :omg:

quietheart

Patron Meritorious
Emma, I agree with the new rules but I do have a question. I know I could ask in PM and probably get a quicker question, but do to the question I want it out in the open. If someone wants to change their name would that be ok and how would you do that? The reason I ask is that I would like to drop my anon name and post as myself under a name I use on other boards. I'm working on writing my story and I'm sure my reasons will be clear when it's complete. I posted this out in the open because I know there have been issues with sock puppets and wanted everyone to know that was not the purpose at all. if my name were changed the anonangl name would not be used from that point on and I would make it obvious that the new name is me. If it's not ok then I totally understand and will abide by your decision.
Angl

Zinjifar

The only person who can change your account name would be Emma, but, I don't see why she wouldn't; time allowing...

Zinj

quietheart

Patron Meritorious
I figured that, and I am going to PM her the question also, just wanted it out in the open also. Thanks for the reply though Zing :)
Angl