What's new

Bob Duggan

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Does anyone but me get the irony that Scientology's biggest whale owns a drug company?

:eyeroll:

I wonder if such an 'ironic fact' might serve as a tool to help cause real doubt in the minds/hearts of current members of Co$ - whether sea org, staff, management, or public.

What would a member in good standing, a true 'true-believer', think and feel if s/he were told, for example...

"Scientology has already been infiltrated by Big Pharma. Look at Bob Duggan -- he's the biggest donor Co$ has EVER had in it's entire history!
His filthy, psych-generated dollars flow down into every org, contaminating every office, every building, every social program, and every scientologist at every level.
Know why your org is empty?
Why your stats are always down?
Why you can't get consistent wins?
Why you have credit card debt?
Why there's no raw public clamoring to get in?
Why the internet's polluted with so much entheta?

Because Bob Duggan is the biggest SP who ever lived.

Would LRH have allowed Duggan into Scientology?
Hell, no! LRH would've run Duggan right out of town.
But David Miscavige gives Duggan trophy after trophy.
Miscavige lets Duggan do whaever he wants!
All of those big-shot execs at the top in RTC and ABLE and WISE and everywhere else? They're ALL Duggan's pawns.
The whole thing is rotten to the core because of Duggan and his suppressive dollars.

And what about you?
Are you in your org every day demanding Duggan - and everyone and everything he controls - be thrown out of Scientology?
And if you're not doing working to get Duggan out, then you're supporting Big Pharma's infiltration of Scientology. You're a Dugganologist."

Maybe Robert Duggan will 'wake-up' and leave Co$. I sure hope so.
But as long as he remains in, continuing to fund this cult, it's the current members' minds and hearts which are 'up for grabs'.

JB

TG1

Angelic Poster
AbbVie (which has just bid a fuckwad of money for Pharmacyclics) better be triple- and quadruple-peer-reviewing every bit of clinical testing data about Pharmacyclics' star product, Imbruvica.

There are too many Scientologists running Pharmacyclics and controlling the behavior of others who work there NOT to mega-ramp up the due diligence on this deal.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
AbbVie (which has just bid a fuckwad of money for Pharmacyclics) better be triple- and quadruple-peer-reviewing every bit of clinical testing data about Pharmacyclics' star product, Imbruvica.

There are too many Scientologists running Pharmacyclics and controlling the behavior of others who work there NOT to mega-ramp up the due diligence on this deal.

At first, naturally, it seems like a ridiculous long shot that the clinicals could have ever have been cooked.

But, then again, that same "it's too absurd to even worry about" rule applies to every single one of the major frauds, ponzi schemes and financial hoaxes throughout history.

Therefore, your advice is very good, indeed--particularly vital when dealing with planet clearers, sector salvagers and other Homo Novi who have risen about the truth in a never-ending quest to perpetrate the "greatest good" for themselves.

ps: I was happy over the past few days to see y'all lurkin'. And now, posting'. YAYYYYYYYYYY, missed your brilliant and funny posts.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't think there is anything wrong with the clinical data. It's a known mechanism of action also being worked on by others, they just happen to be first. The FDA reviewed the data submission, and $cilons or not, they use an anal probe and and anti-aircraft searchlight to examine the hell out of everything they get.

If I were AbbVie, I'd be triple checking the financials. But maybe that's just me. I wonder if they even know Duggan's a $cilon. Maybe I should give some old friends over there a call...

TG1

Angelic Poster
Udarnik, if you are so disposed -- yes, please call.

HH and I are like-minded on this one: You just couldn't wouldn't shouldn't ever ever believe anyone could do the shit that Scientologists pull day in, day out -- especially Scientologists who also believe they're the masters of the financial universe, because a balance sheet is just a postulate, capiche?

JustSheila

Crusader
Udarnik, I'm very suspicious of the finances.

Bob Duggan was Reed Slatkin's mentor. I wonder if anyone has spoken to Reed Slatkin since he's been released to get more details about this?

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
Udarnik, I'm very suspicious of the finances.

Bob Duggan was Reed Slatkin's mentor. I wonder if anyone has spoken to Reed Slatkin since he's been released to get more details about this?

I have so much love for you, You are so beautifull

[video=youtube;ItXygU9SJCA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItXygU9SJCA[/video]

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not to be woo-woo about it, but stocks that go up don't always stay up.

And usually for good reasons.

The market is all about confidence.

The end.
Six years ago Pharmacyclics stock was 57 cents. Today AbbVie is paying $261.25 for it. Bob Duggan has made himself $3.5 billion from the deal. If the stock becomes worthless after he has been payed for his at $261.25, he probably won't be too upset.

This photo of him conning his fellow cons into "investing" in Scientology is proof to me that he is a self deluded fool:

YDOkI1V.jpg

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe this guy is going to get dm's newest just made up for him award - and I stole this from one of Tony's Bunker articles today - ahem

"Titanium Colossal 'Big Swinging Dick' Maximus Meritorius - with Honors" award, :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:.
Move over Tom Cruise . . . .

:eyeroll:

This posting isn't against the rules is it? Mods?
I hope not . . . :unsure::nervous: I didn't call him a big swinging dick - I just added that to the 'award' title, made up, for him . . :unsure:

Imagine how the SO in the audience that night is going to feel about this one . . . the Pharma King, greatest scno ever, just beneath dm . . . .
Oh my . . . .

#21 Billion

I'm sorry TG1, but you're not that stupid are you?
Seriously, it appears as if you know NOTHING about biopharma.
You must be a total fool! You really think Duggan faked 50+ clinical trials of
ibrutinib? And so AbbVie must double and triple check the data?
Seriously! And for Pharmacyclics to have faked everything would require JnJ, the FDA, and countless
academic institutions to have been a part of some bigger conspiracy.
You are really dumb. For real....
As for me, I'm not that stupid. Invested when cheap, followed the scientific data, and am cashing out.
And one more thing:
When a company buys another (as in AbbVie buying PCYC), the stock doesn't need to stay up because it comes out of circulation.
AbbVie is BUYING PCYC for 261.25 per share. Because you appear to only have a few brain cells that click together let me tell you how this works:
AbbVie announces buyout. AbbVie then makes tender offer. All Pharmacyclics share holders sell their stock to AbbVie.
Pharmacyclics stock holders make money. Pharmacyclics stock no longer exists because it has been purchased by AbbVie.
End of story.

#21 Billion

I don't think there is anything wrong with the clinical data. It's a known mechanism of action also being worked on by others, they just happen to be first. The FDA reviewed the data submission, and $cilons or not, they use an anal probe and and anti-aircraft searchlight to examine the hell out of everything they get.

If I were AbbVie, I'd be triple checking the financials. But maybe that's just me. I wonder if they even know Duggan's a $cilon. Maybe I should give some old friends over there a call...

Udarnik,
You're just a little less dumb than TG1. I say this because you at least recognize that the clinical
data isn't made up from nothing, but what, the financials are? You know as a public company Pharmacyclics
needs to be audited, correct? And what, you're going to call AbbVie and tell them Duggan's a Scientologist?
Just ring up the "people you know" at AbbVie and derail a $21 billion dollar deal? Jeez, I would say you're the self delusion fool.

#21 Billion

Udarnik, I'm really blown away by this! Thank you so much for this post and everything you put into it, especially your massive knowledge of the R&D pharma pipeline processes.

I'll be interested to see what kind of traffic your post and this thread generates going forward.

I agree with your take about Pharmacyclics COO, Mahkam (Maky) Zanganeh. And no, a COO should not just operate on faith. That's not a drug maker's COO's job -- to be a true believer. That's why there's an "R" in "R&D."

I don't know that she's a $cilon. I can't find her name listed at www.truthaboutscientology.com. But it probably doesn't matter. She seems in complete thrall to Duggan and his goals and ready to do whatever he orders her to do or that she senses he wants her to do. All her eggs seem to have been in the Duggan basket for a long time.

BTW, Duggan has a long-time French connection: "Mr. Duggan is a recipient of the French Republic Legion of Honor awarded by former French President Jacques Chirac in June 2000."

Duggan is also a long-time Ron Paul groupie: "He received a United States Congressman's Medal of Merit in 1985 from Texas Congressman and former presidential candidate, Ron Paul, M.D."

Once again, Udarnik, thank you!

TG1

Zanganeh just helped sell the company for $21 billion dollars. Looks like that fly by night school in FL helped out in the negotiations....

Sindy

Crusader
Udarnik,
You're just a little less dumb than TG1. I say this because you at least recognize that the clinical
data isn't made up from nothing, but what, the financials are? You know as a public company Pharmacyclics
needs to be audited, correct? And what, you're going to call AbbVie and tell them Duggan's a Scientologist?
Just ring up the "people you know" at AbbVie and derail a $21 billion dollar deal? Jeez, I would say you're the self delusion fool.

21 Billion, from your perspective, why would telling people at AbbVie that Duggan is a Scientologist derail the deal?

Lone Star

Crusader
I'm sorry TG1, but you're not that stupid are you?
Seriously, it appears as if you know NOTHING about biopharma.
You must be a total fool! You really think Duggan faked 50+ clinical trials of
ibrutinib? And so AbbVie must double and triple check the data?
Seriously! And for Pharmacyclics to have faked everything would require JnJ, the FDA, and countless
academic institutions to have been a part of some bigger conspiracy.
You are really dumb. For real....
As for me, I'm not that stupid. Invested when cheap, followed the scientific data, and am cashing out.
And one more thing:
When a company buys another (as in AbbVie buying PCYC), the stock doesn't need to stay up because it comes out of circulation.
AbbVie is BUYING PCYC for 261.25 per share. Because you appear to only have a few brain cells that click together let me tell you how this works:
AbbVie announces buyout. AbbVie then makes tender offer. All Pharmacyclics share holders sell their stock to AbbVie.
Pharmacyclics stock holders make money. Pharmacyclics stock no longer exists because it has been purchased by AbbVie.
End of story.

Udarnik,

What is it with the new crop of newbies this year? Quite a few come in here and well before ten posts they're already ad homming people and talking trash.

Let me tell you something pal...Mr. 21 Billion Dude...Udarnik is in the industry so he can wipe the floor with you when it comes to knowing what goes on with pharmaceuticals.

But I'll let him respond to you himself.

Oh....and Udarnik can call them up because he knows a lot of people in the bidness. Not just in this country, but around the world.

Last edited:
M

Moderator 3

We can expect an influx of newbies with all the HBO hoopla. Some of them aren't going to be as nice as you or others here. Everybody wave bye-bye to #21. :)

Lone Star

Crusader
21 Billion, from your perspective, why would telling people at AbbVie that Duggan is a Scientologist derail the deal?

I just noticed that 21 Billion came in and started calling TG1 and Udarnik "fools" and "stupid" on a thread that hasn't had any new posts for two weeks. His very first post as a member was on this thread.

No actual introductory post. Just jumps in and starts hammering away with gusto.

Interesting. :whistling:

EDIT: Oh I see that Mod 3 just put an end to his "handling efforts".

Next!

Sindy

Crusader
I just noticed that 21 Billion came in and started calling TG1 and Udarnik "fools" and "stupid" on a thread that hasn't had any new posts for two weeks. His very first post as a member was on this thread.

No actual introductory post. Just jumps in and starts hammering away with gusto.

Interesting. :whistling:

EDIT: Oh I see that Mod 3 just put an end to his "handling efforts".

Next!

Yes, and I was only asking him that question to try and suss out from what angle was he here. What camp? Sounds like the camp he's in now is the banned one. :)

Lone Star

Crusader
Yes, and I was only asking him that question to try and suss out from what angle was he here. What camp? Sounds like the camp he's in now is the banned one. :)

Personally I suspect that he is a still-in who wanted to handle those who were dissing his buddy and hero Bob Duggan, the Giant OT Whale. He did say that he had invested in AbbVie.

I think we'll get some more still-ins this coming week or so. It outta be a real hoot!! :biggrin:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don’t know much about Pharmacyclics or Duggan, but I do know how Scientologists work. I would never trust them when it comes to financial shenanigans. The bigger the payoff, the more their sense of right and wrong goes out the window.

Except to them, they are not doing wrong, they are doing ‘the greatest good for the greatest number of …’ and all that crap, especially when it comes to giving loads of money to The Cult. I’m sure that Reed Slatkin thought he was doing The Right Thing when he scammed all those people out of their money and gave it to his ‘church’.

Colin Clayton was another one (lived a couple of miles from me), he conned the Inland Revenue (equivalent to IRS) out of over £1M. He was a Scientologist and according to the local paper at the time, gave ‘around £70,000 to the CoS’.

We have heard many other stories of Scientologists fraudulently running companies in order to make a quick buck. Easy to see how they would justify doing this, especially if doing so benefits ‘the greatest power for good in the history of the Universe’ at the expense of a few stupid wogs.

You’d imagine that clinical trials would be properly monitored, but sometimes they aren’t. Especially if investors are desperate to find that wonder-cure before anyone else jumps onto that gravy train.

You would hope that scientists would know better, but sometimes they can be as crooked as anyone else, especially where big money is involved. Check these examples out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Reuben

Quote : "Scott S. Reuben (born 1958) is an American anesthesiologist who was Professor of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts and chief of acute pain at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts before being sentenced to prison for healthcare fraud. Reuben was considered a prolific and influential researcher in pain management, and his purported findings altered the way millions of patients are treated for pain during and after orthopedic surgeries. Reuben has now admitted that he never conducted any of the clinical trials on which his conclusions were based "in what may be considered the longest-running and widest-ranging cases of academic fraud." Scientific American has called Reuben the medical equivalent of Bernie Madoff, the former NASDAQ chairman who was convicted of orchestrating a $65-billion Ponzi scheme."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwang_Woo-suk

Quote: “Hwang Woo-suk (Korean: 황우석, born January 29, 1953) is a South Korean veterinarian and researcher. He was a professor of theriogenology and biotechnology at Seoul National University (dismissed on March 20, 2006) who became infamous for fabricating a series of experiments, which appeared in high-profile journals, in the field of stem cell research. Until November 2005, he was considered one of the pioneering experts in the field, best known for two articles published in the journal Science in 2004 and 2005 where he reported to have succeeded in creating human embryonic stem cells by cloning. He was called the "Pride of Korea" in South Korea."

On May 12, 2006, Hwang was charged with embezzlement and bioethics law violations after it emerged much of his stem cell research had been faked”

Is the sale of Pharmacyclics a good deal for the investors, I dunno? But we have precedent for a Scientologist building up a company and then cashing in, only for the company’s stock to crash.

See: http://www.lightreading.com/digl-founder-$348m-in-insider-sales/d/d-id/582963

“At the latest tally, it appears that Bryan Zwan, chairman and founder of Digital Lightwave Inc. (Nasdaq: DIGL), has taken no less than $348 million out of the company. Meanwhile, Digital Lightwave's business has collapsed, it has a market capitalization of less than $40 million, and it's now almost trading as a penny stock, at $1.22.

Zwan moved the money via arrangements to sell his stock at fixed prices across complex strings of transactions involving: a Nevada company he controls, ZG Partnership; investment bank Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. (CSFB); and one of the bank’s subsidiaries, CSFB SAILS Corp. This is according to several 13D forms filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) over the course of the last few years.

Just Tuesday, Zwan, who is the controlling shareholder of Digital, stepped out of the CEO post for the second time, moving back upstairs as the company's chairman. His tight control over the company, the company's falling fortunes, and his affiliation with the Church of Scientology has made his leadership a popular item of debate (see Losses, Lawsuits, and Scientology).”

More juicy info on that company, including the participation of Miscavige’s twin sister can be found here: http://digl-watch.info/index.shtml

In short, I would be very wary of any Scientologist-owned company that appears to be worth a huge amount of money. Scientologists, as a whole, cannot be trusted with money.

Axiom142

Last edited: