What's new

Bob Milton had the biggest balls in the universe.

Flag-2005

Patron with Honors
Correct me if I am wrong but it seems like here came along a self made millionaire, not involved in Scientology at all. He felt it was negatively effecting free speech.

He puts together some small groups to take on Scientology and spends 10 million dollars trying to make people listen.

His time was when there were very few people speaking out, He was vilified in all directions from the Church. Yet he continued.

As far as I see he had no real personal gain, its not like he had kids inside trapped. He did it just as a good thing to do.

I, when I first started to look at anti-Scio info found his videos and protests on the net.

The mad march is a real revelation!

So he is a dude who really lead the march and anon now follows.

I am in awe of his balls! figuratively of course!

The protests now are great and effective but do not have that personal effect that are in Miltons videos.

Dude, if the above is correct - your a hero!

Only today did I find you are off the scene. I was wondering why all your videos are old. Well I hope you are still in the crowd with a mask on today!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Bob (and Stacy) did make a great commitment in trying to do a lot against SCN but greatly underestimated their opponent (or over estimated their ability... or BOTH).

In the end, SCN crushed Bob and made him do a "turn about". Some critics have faulted Bob for doing so. What would any of us have done if we were facing the same circumstances? This is a difficult question to answer... honestly.

Flag-2005

Patron with Honors
Bob (and Stacy) did make a great commitment in trying to do a lot against SCN but greatly underestimated their opponent (or over estimated their ability... or BOTH).

In the end, SCN crushed Bob and made him do a "turn about". Some critics have faulted Bob for doing so. What would any of us have done if we were facing the same circumstances? This is a difficult question to answer... honestly.

No its not. Fuck the critics..

I have not seen any info on the turn-about or why he changed but simply put I don't really care.

He would have been smashed on all fronts, financially, socially, towards criminally, family threatened:angry: etc. and then it made to seem like his universe :nervous: and all universes around him are being destroyed.

Then introverted to 'get it' that it is all his fault!:omg:

Of course he did not have a chance..

But he was part of that pebble thrown into the pond, and we are all surfing the ripple wave.

Now high Tech and soon high Ethics terminals are coming out to be heard on a wide basis and that has never happened.

Thanks to Google, Youtube, V, and others we will see a more ideal future for whatever benefits are in the tech. :thumbsup:

Flag-2005

Patron with Honors
Sorry no anger intended to you.

you posed a question and I just added my answer.

Your post is fine, but you mention there are people who would be-little his past or actions..

To those I would argue.

Of course some will criticise him because he did not complete the cycle and I think we all wish he could have!

Its a shame to have a life passion and 'fight the good fight', to only have your enemies beat you.

cultinfo.jpg

Ill add a photo so people can refer to 'who' we are talking about.

Thanks for that link, Ill add a snippet here that struck me as a main point.

"9. On or around March 20, 2002, affiant called Mr. Minton at his
home in NH to see how he was doing. Affiant learned from Mr. Minton that
Scientology operatives had discovered information about him that threatened
his wife and children's future and Mr. Minton was very sad and upset about
this. Mr. Minton said he no longer felt like living. He just felt like
killing himself and things were really bad. Mr. Minton was crying as he
told me these things. I asked him if there was anything I could do to help
him and what specifically was the new threat. Mr. Minton told me he did not
feel safe discussing the information over the phone and he was too upset to
even talk about it."

byte301

Crusader
I have nothing but respect for Bob Minton. He did what others only dream of doing. And his story just tells me how far the cult will go to beat a critic down.